U.S. OPEN - time to stop the bleeding? - Page 7 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-30-2008, 09:57 PM   #91
country flag freeandlonely

freeandlonely has a reputation beyond reputefreeandlonely has a reputation beyond reputefreeandlonely has a reputation beyond reputefreeandlonely has a reputation beyond reputefreeandlonely has a reputation beyond reputefreeandlonely has a reputation beyond reputefreeandlonely has a reputation beyond reputefreeandlonely has a reputation beyond reputefreeandlonely has a reputation beyond reputefreeandlonely has a reputation beyond reputefreeandlonely has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: U.S. OPEN - time to stop the bleeding?

Good luck next time.

At least, for stopping Gael's body language sake. But give credit to him, anyway.

GOOD STUFF MUST BE DONE
freeandlonely is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-30-2008, 10:10 PM   #92
country flag ja_som1

ja_som1 has a reputation beyond reputeja_som1 has a reputation beyond reputeja_som1 has a reputation beyond reputeja_som1 has a reputation beyond reputeja_som1 has a reputation beyond reputeja_som1 has a reputation beyond reputeja_som1 has a reputation beyond reputeja_som1 has a reputation beyond reputeja_som1 has a reputation beyond reputeja_som1 has a reputation beyond reputeja_som1 has a reputation beyond repute

From his body language it was clear he gave up in the fifth game of the third set. Then he was only trying to finish the match somehow. And I have to say I really hate the way of Monfils celebration (and it is really not because of he defeated David). :retard:
Old 08-30-2008, 10:14 PM   #93
country flag freeandlonely

freeandlonely has a reputation beyond reputefreeandlonely has a reputation beyond reputefreeandlonely has a reputation beyond reputefreeandlonely has a reputation beyond reputefreeandlonely has a reputation beyond reputefreeandlonely has a reputation beyond reputefreeandlonely has a reputation beyond reputefreeandlonely has a reputation beyond reputefreeandlonely has a reputation beyond reputefreeandlonely has a reputation beyond reputefreeandlonely has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeretiC View Post
That strategy would have worked on 95% of the players on the tour. And he did execute it well. Too bad that he can't realize that this is not working against Monfils. If he chose to play aggressive he should have charged the net even more often and much more quicker.

But I feel he doesn't have enough dedication/desire to change, let alone how. eg. Nadal will always, at least try, to find a way.

But ok this is another radical issue...

GOOD STUFF MUST BE DONE

Last edited by freeandlonely : 08-30-2008 at 10:36 PM.
freeandlonely is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 01:16 AM   #94
country flag Pepi.
Ajmo Marin!

Pepi. has a reputation beyond reputePepi. has a reputation beyond reputePepi. has a reputation beyond reputePepi. has a reputation beyond reputePepi. has a reputation beyond reputePepi. has a reputation beyond reputePepi. has a reputation beyond reputePepi. has a reputation beyond reputePepi. has a reputation beyond reputePepi. has a reputation beyond reputePepi. has a reputation beyond repute

David

im so sad for David

Quote:
Q. Why are you playing such good tennis?

MARIN CILIC: 'Cause I'm a good player (smiling).
Marin Cilic & Jo Wilfried Tsonga
Gasquet Dimitrov Gulbis
Pepi. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 09:37 AM   #95
country flag krystlel

krystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond repute

What David said about his loss:
Quote:
"I believe that I played better that in the other two matches, with more rhythm, although the weather was very difficult or there was something unusual, the issue is that I got tired very much. The defeat happened more because of the physical part than for the tennis. The fatigue made me doubt at moments and I was not accurate. I was not hurt at all (?), but he was quickly winning his games and mine was costing me more energy. In the end, I was dead. I played well in the first two sets. I could not take advantage of the break I had in the second set and in the third, he was already better than me. It was a pity to have lost, because I was well, I could have won."
http://www.lanacion.com.ar/nota.asp?nota_id=1045077

Getting tired after one and a half sets of tennis . Well not so much that he got tired but he got so tired that he could barely play at all. Of course it was still a poor effort regardless. I don't think I've ever seen anyone hit as many dropshots as that in a set of tennis, considering that all of them were terrible. I felt like I was watching a very silly match.

This is what I wrote about the match in GM:

I only watched from midway in the second set and it was incredibly frustrating to see Nalbandian suddenly employing ridiculous tactics from 4-4 30-0 in the second set onwards, and from then on his effort was completely non-existent. He looked like he was getting tired also. It is not even a tactic to hit countless dropshots, it's not bothering to play out the point at all and wanting it finished as soon as possible. Nalbandian is getting more and more frustrating to follow as a fan these days.

I have to say that Monfils has improved quite a bit as of late. Doesn't put himself in such a negative position as much, so he has more of a chance of getting back into the point. I guess the matchup is a bit like the one against Ferrer except that Nalbandian gives Monfils the opportunity to play those athletic winning shots on the dead run, which he loves to do. It will actually be interesting to see how he goes against Fish because Fish likes to keep the points short and come to net a lot.

Last edited by krystlel : 08-31-2008 at 04:03 PM.
krystlel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 07:00 PM   #96
country flag chabela

chabela has a reputation beyond reputechabela has a reputation beyond reputechabela has a reputation beyond reputechabela has a reputation beyond reputechabela has a reputation beyond reputechabela has a reputation beyond reputechabela has a reputation beyond reputechabela has a reputation beyond reputechabela has a reputation beyond reputechabela has a reputation beyond reputechabela has a reputation beyond repute

thank you Kristlel, I watched the interview on the tv and he seems to be optimist, a bit dissppointed. I wanted to kill him . I can`t understand him.

It doesn't change the meaning of your translations:

- No me dolía nada: (I was not hurt at all (?)) : it means that he didn't feel any pain.

- He didn't said he played well in the first two sets, he said Monfils deserves won the two first sets and Monfils played better in the 3rd.

Visita el flog de MARIO ANCIC
chabela is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote