Dunlop Aerogel ? Any good ? - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-04-2008, 08:29 PM   #1
country flag Fenz

Fenz is on a distinguished road
Default Dunlop Aerogel ? Any good ?

Just wondering if anyone knows anything about the new Dunlops, i have never used a dunlop before so any people that have a dunlop or have used one before please comment.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-04-2008, 10:53 PM   #2
country flag gaz

gaz has a reputation beyond reputegaz has a reputation beyond reputegaz has a reputation beyond reputegaz has a reputation beyond reputegaz has a reputation beyond reputegaz has a reputation beyond reputegaz has a reputation beyond reputegaz has a reputation beyond reputegaz has a reputation beyond reputegaz has a reputation beyond reputegaz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dunlop Aerogel ? Any good ?

i used them as a junior and was sponsored by them and loved the rackets and used to play with the 200g's whichever they called it at the time.

since then a lot has changed the company ha been bought out and they have taken all quality control out of their products and ofr that reason i woul dnot touch them at all at the moment
gaz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 04:13 PM   #3
country flag dunlopkickserve

dunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond repute

I am sort of an expert when it comes to dunlop. I have the Aerogel 300 and Aerogel 500 tour and have used the M-fil rackets. What is your style of play?
dunlopkickserve is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 08:36 PM   #4
country flag Fenz

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunlopkickserve View Post
I am sort of an expert when it comes to dunlop. I have the Aerogel 300 and Aerogel 500 tour and have used the M-fil rackets. What is your style of play?
Aggresive baseline play fair bit of topspin about medium power on groundstrokes and serves
Old 07-08-2008, 02:26 PM   #5

dunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenz View Post
Aggresive baseline play fair bit of topspin about medium power on groundstrokes and serves
If you play primarily singles I would try the Aerogel 300 (10.9oz 16x19 string pattern) but if you play alot of heavy hitters you might want to try the Aerogel 200 (11.9 oz 18x20 pattern)

I play both singles and doubles and frequently play heavy hitters and like to get into net so I use the Aerogel 500 tour (11.1 oz 16x18 pattern). I also have the Aerogel 300 which is more of a baseline attacker's racket. It has the 2nd best serve of all the rackets I have ever used (Prince Diablo Mid was the best) but I was still mishitting alot of balls at net because it is so light. It hits solid groundstrokes and has a killer flat backhand. I also had a problem with mishitting on stronger serves (500 tour doesn't)

*Aerogel adds alot of stability to the racket so they can be lighter without causing as many mishits. That's why I bought it.
Old 07-10-2008, 04:03 PM   #6
country flag Fenz

Exclamation Re: Dunlop Aerogel ? Any good ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunlopkickserve View Post
If you play primarily singles I would try the Aerogel 300 (10.9oz 16x19 string pattern) but if you play alot of heavy hitters you might want to try the Aerogel 200 (11.9 oz 18x20 pattern)

I play both singles and doubles and frequently play heavy hitters and like to get into net so I use the Aerogel 500 tour (11.1 oz 16x18 pattern). I also have the Aerogel 300 which is more of a baseline attacker's racket. It has the 2nd best serve of all the rackets I have ever used (Prince Diablo Mid was the best) but I was still mishitting alot of balls at net because it is so light. It hits solid groundstrokes and has a killer flat backhand. I also had a problem with mishitting on stronger serves (500 tour doesn't)

*Aerogel adds alot of stability to the racket so they can be lighter without causing as many mishits. That's why I bought it.
So would the Dunlop Aerogel 500 tour be any good for me ?
Old 07-10-2008, 08:36 PM   #7
country flag jazar

jazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenz View Post
So would the Dunlop Aerogel 500 tour be any good for me ?
if you're using an instinct there is no point switching to an aerogel 500 tour as they are rather similar
jazar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 08:56 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazar View Post
if you're using an instinct there is no point switching to an aerogel 500 tour as they are rather similar
The weight and balance of the racket may be similar but the 500 tour is alot more stiff, has a more open string pattern, and has a noticeable incease in power.

*Also the dunlop head shape is very different from everyother company. Most people say that it is more "square-ish." I find that it is superior and that I rim the ball alot less.... but some people do not like it
Old 07-11-2008, 06:14 PM   #9
country flag Fenz

*Update* I have brought a Dunlop Aerogel 200 16x19 string pattern. I chose this as i was trying to decide between the Aerogel 200 18x20 and the Aerogel 300 i looked at the specs and found this racket had a weight that was in the middle of the 200 and 300. i have brought one off Millet Sports, does anyone know how long it will take to come ?
Old 08-30-2008, 06:12 AM   #10
country flag ernestsgulbis

ernestsgulbis is on a distinguished road

give some feedback about your racquet okay? I want to buy a new racquet Ernests uses this brand right?
ernestsgulbis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 07:24 AM   #11
country flag jazar

jazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ernestsgulbis View Post
give some feedback about your racquet okay? I want to buy a new racquet Ernests uses this brand right?
wrong. ernests uses a head prestige
jazar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote