Roddick Fires Roddick, Hires McEnroe - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2008, 10:57 PM   #46
country flag SheepleBuster

SheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Roddick Fires Roddick, Hires McEnroe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fee View Post
Oh please. Doug wasnt the one who fired Brad. Where on earth did you hear that? What evidence do you have that John is totally out of the picture and so what if he is? He's still his brother.

No, that is only true for tennis fans on MTF. Tennis players are smarter than that. Andy loses to all kinds of strange people, then beats 2 and 3 to win a title. Go figure.
Well. I don't have any hard evidence really but maybe you are right. What American tennis needs right now is some drama and I feel I am contributing to that

Suarez & Nadal : True Trailblazers in Sports

Dedicated to the neo-L.Ron Hubbard of Espana, fake Pharaoh without clothes ... cult leader extraordinaire
SheepleBuster is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-26-2008, 10:59 PM   #47

SheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deboogle!. View Post
This has happened before man. John's been with Andy several times throughout his career. I guarantee you there isn't bad blood between them, there was no big bad firing or people pissed off or anything else you can dream up. John's wife is andy's publicist, john has a tennis academy in San Antonio, they have lives, it's not like John's life revolves around Andy. I don't know why you feel this need to imagine some kind of bad blood or drama, but I don't really think it's there.
I guess you know Roddick more than I do. But the way McEnroe put it yesterday felt like that. I hope he and John are OK. Having said that, no one on earth can save Roddick from this hell. He is now officially a half dimensional guy. His is a first serve guy. Take that away and he loses.

Dedicated to the neo-L.Ron Hubbard of Espana, fake Pharaoh without clothes ... cult leader extraordinaire
Old 08-26-2008, 11:02 PM   #48
country flag Deboogle!.
Vamos Mandy :)

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyrusking View Post
Well. I don't have any hard evidence really but maybe you are right. What American tennis needs right now is some drama and I feel I am contributing to that
No, you're making up drama that almost certainly doesn't exist

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Deboogle!. is offline View My Blog!  
Old 08-26-2008, 11:05 PM   #49
country flag thrust

thrust has a reputation beyond reputethrust has a reputation beyond reputethrust has a reputation beyond reputethrust has a reputation beyond reputethrust has a reputation beyond reputethrust has a reputation beyond reputethrust has a reputation beyond reputethrust has a reputation beyond reputethrust has a reputation beyond reputethrust has a reputation beyond reputethrust has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyV View Post
Good. Lord knows he needs to change something, unless losing to players like Troicki is all part of the master plan.
Correct!
thrust is online now View My Blog!  
Old 08-26-2008, 11:05 PM   #50
country flag Merton

Merton has a reputation beyond reputeMerton has a reputation beyond reputeMerton has a reputation beyond reputeMerton has a reputation beyond reputeMerton has a reputation beyond reputeMerton has a reputation beyond reputeMerton has a reputation beyond reputeMerton has a reputation beyond reputeMerton has a reputation beyond reputeMerton has a reputation beyond reputeMerton has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Luke Jensen. Impressive job commentating and posting here at the same time.

From Isaac Asimov's "Foundation".
Merton is offline View My Blog!  
Old 08-26-2008, 11:09 PM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merton View Post
Luke Jensen. Impressive job commentating and posting here at the same time.
I am not making the story up. Anybody who listened to John McEnroe yesterday probably heard it too. Having said that, I am not suggesting by any means that I know for sure what happened between John and Andy. I checked the guy's site and John is removed from the coaches corner and all his posts are not there anymore. Then you guys accused me of being a Roddick fan boy for checking his site Now If I wanted to add drama, I would make up a story about John and Brook or things like that but I was just reporting what Ted the diving collins and John the rampage McEnore were saying.

Old 08-26-2008, 11:15 PM   #52
country flag Deboogle!.

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I am not making the story up. Anybody who listened to John McEnroe yesterday probably heard it too.
I heard it. I heard no suggestion of angry firing or any kind of drama whatsoever, merely that John was not in NY with Andy. Anything you interpreted out of that was your own interpretation.
Quote:
Having said that, I am not suggesting by any means that I know for sure what happened between John and Andy.
Yeah, you kinda are
Quote:
I checked the guy's site and John is removed from the coaches corner and all his posts are not there anymore.
oh really? http://www.andyroddick.com/news/coachs-corner/
Quote:
I was just reporting what Ted the diving collins and John the rampage McEnore were saying.
No, you greatly exaggerated what they said. And it's Robinson. Ted Robinson.

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Old 08-26-2008, 11:19 PM   #53
country flag scoobs
Anastasia Komananov, KGB

scoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond repute

Is there any factual basis for this thread at all, or is it a nice fairystory?
scoobs is offline View My Blog!  
Old 08-26-2008, 11:21 PM   #54
country flag Deboogle!.

Sort of. Andy's not working with John anymore - it seems. John is definitely not in NY, we know that is true. Andy is definitely working with PMac on a VERY temporary basis during the USO. That is fact - USA network even showed him overseeing his hit today with his trainer doug. Greg Garber from ESPN says the Roddick Camp wants to have a "new coach" in place by the end of the season. That is all. as for the drama, there's the fairytale

Old 08-26-2008, 11:28 PM   #55
country flag Fee

Fee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobs View Post
Is there any factual basis for this thread at all, or is it a nice fairystory?
Pretty much. It's basically Ted Robinson, fresh off a plane from Beijing, repeating rumors and half truths, and John McEnroe, who demonstrated today that he has no clue what the foot fault rule is, being completely surprised that his own brother is working with Andy. Apparently the McEnroe brothers dont talk regularly and the older doesn't even read headlines before he goes on the air. It was one flip comment that cyrusking (who hates Andy or has some other type of fascination with him) decided to earn some v-cash with.

@dougrobson - Whoever is supplying Mahut with hair gel needs to ink a sponsorship deal now.

@Wimbledon - FYI, with @Wimbledon live scoring devices, please add 50 to the games in the fifth set of the Isner v Mahut match.

@HolterMedia - Nice to see that a three-day test has come to tennis here @wimbledon.

Andy wearring Crocs, courtesy of Smitty8
Fee is offline View My Blog!  
Old 08-26-2008, 11:30 PM   #56

Quote:
Sort of. Andy's not working with John anymore - it seems. John is definitely not in NY, we know that is true. Andy is definitely working with PMac on a VERY temporary basis during the USO. That is fact - USA network even showed him overseeing his hit today with his trainer doug. Greg Garber from ESPN says the Roddick Camp wants to have a "new coach" in place by the end of the season. That is all. as for the drama, there's the fairytale
McEnroe looked he was really nervous. I mean I am not even sure the guy can coach. Davis cup results have been OK, but I am not sure he is up for coaching a top player

Old 08-26-2008, 11:31 PM   #57
country flag Fee

Fee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
McEnroe looked he was really nervous. I mean I am not even sure the guy can coach. Davis cup results have been OK, but I am not sure he is up for coaching a top player
I'm sure he will do just fine for two weeks (or whatever it is, considering Andy's draw).

Nice of you to call Andy a 'top player'. Really, you can come join us in the Andy forum, we welcome the converted as well.

@dougrobson - Whoever is supplying Mahut with hair gel needs to ink a sponsorship deal now.

@Wimbledon - FYI, with @Wimbledon live scoring devices, please add 50 to the games in the fifth set of the Isner v Mahut match.

@HolterMedia - Nice to see that a three-day test has come to tennis here @wimbledon.

Andy wearring Crocs, courtesy of Smitty8
Fee is offline View My Blog!  
Old 08-26-2008, 11:35 PM   #58
country flag Deboogle!.

Quote:
WTF? they showed him for about 3 seconds, that was enough to determine that he looked nervous? He stood next to Doug with his arms crossed watching Andy hit. Wow, you are clairvoyant, omniscient, and now a mind-reader too

Have you listened to the guy commentate? He knows Andy's game and he knows what Andy needs to do to be successful. He can't control whether Andy listens to him; that's out of his hands really.

Old 08-27-2008, 12:33 AM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fee View Post
Pretty much. It's basically Ted Robinson, fresh off a plane from Beijing, repeating rumors and half truths, and John McEnroe, who demonstrated today that he has no clue what the foot fault rule is, being completely surprised that his own brother is working with Andy. Apparently the McEnroe brothers dont talk regularly and the older doesn't even read headlines before he goes on the air. It was one flip comment that cyrusking (who hates Andy or has some other type of fascination with him) decided to earn some v-cash with.
Dude, you are gonna laugh at me, but I don't know what vcash is. I really don't.

Old 08-27-2008, 12:36 AM   #60

Quote:
WTF? they showed him for about 3 seconds, that was enough to determine that he looked nervous? He stood next to Doug with his arms crossed watching Andy hit. Wow, you are clairvoyant, omniscient, and now a mind-reader too

Have you listened to the guy commentate? He knows Andy's game and he knows what Andy needs to do to be successful. He can't control whether Andy listens to him; that's out of his hands really.
He was biting his lips. But really. Andy knows all the strategy but the coach can't fix the court positioning or when Andy makes dumb decisions or doesn't get the serve in. Everybody knows what Nadal's or Federer's weaknesses are but not everyone can execute like they have to. Roddick is the exact opposite. He knows he needs to attack and do this and that but he never actually gets it right it seems.

Closed Thread