Prince O3 Speedport Red or Ozone Seven - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-18-2008, 08:08 PM   #1
country flag cmickle1

cmickle1 is on a distinguished road
Default Prince O3 Speedport Red or Ozone Seven

Has anyone played with either of these racquets? I am looking to upgrade my Prince Triple Threat and these two seem to fit my playing style/power level but I cannot decide which to go with ><

Thanks
cmickle1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-23-2008, 05:50 AM   #2
country flag StrayCat

StrayCat is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Prince O3 Speedport Red or Ozone Seven

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmickle1 View Post
Has anyone played with either of these racquets? I am looking to upgrade my Prince Triple Threat and these two seem to fit my playing style/power level but I cannot decide which to go with ><

Thanks
Hi Cmickle1,

I've played extensively with the O3 Speedport Red, but am also pretty familiar with the Ozone Seven. You may not know it, but the Ozone Seven is really just a slight variation of the old O3 Red. In my view, the Speedport Red is a more stable racquet that offers better feel. I definitely found I received better arm feedback from the Speedport Red, and I also found it to be more predictable off the ground.

While both racquets are extremely maneuverable, I thought the Speedport Red was more agile around the net. I definitely had more feel with it on the volleys, but also felt that it produced a more solid ball than the Ozone Seven when I needed some firmness.

While the ball behaves predictably off both racquets, I found the Speedport Red to be exceptional for hitting backhand slices. Not only could I get a little more zip on the ball, I was also more accurate with it. As for topspin, they're both really spin friendly racquets, primarily due to the exceptional swing speed you can generate with Prince's O-Port/Speedport technology.

Which Triple Threat racquet have you been playing with?

Best regards,
Chris
StrayCat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 07:48 AM   #3
country flag jazar

jazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Prince O3 Speedport Red or Ozone Seven

go for the ozone 7. its a better playing racket, its more arm friendly and its cheaper.
jazar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote