~ James's Cheering Thread! ~ Rah rah rah! ~ - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-15-2008, 01:53 AM   #16

Default Re: Cheering on James in 2008!

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodwoman View Post
Congratulations, James!! Keep it up and grab the gold for the USA!!
I'm not big on the summer Olympics myself, but I would say James has turned his season around big time on the world's largest stage Congrats to James I know James cares about the gold medal for the U.S.. but for me the win over Federer was just great

Last edited by 16681 : 08-15-2008 at 04:39 AM.
View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-15-2008, 06:25 AM   #17
country flag jeahhh!
Madness is genius

Location: Back with the sisterhood, joining forces for the AO
jeahhh! has a reputation beyond reputejeahhh! has a reputation beyond reputejeahhh! has a reputation beyond reputejeahhh! has a reputation beyond reputejeahhh! has a reputation beyond reputejeahhh! has a reputation beyond reputejeahhh! has a reputation beyond reputejeahhh! has a reputation beyond reputejeahhh! has a reputation beyond reputejeahhh! has a reputation beyond reputejeahhh! has a reputation beyond repute

James

Mary your sig, I love it!
jeahhh! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 12:05 PM   #18
country flag knight_ley
KIWI. A KIEFER KIWI.

knight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond repute

I am gutted.
Old 08-15-2008, 12:23 PM   #19
country flag tennis lover

tennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond repute

poor James, I saw most of the last 2 sets and I so wanted him to win. I thought he was going to do it when he saved those 3 MPs.

and Mary, your sig is amazing! the reactions for that race and the 4x200m make me laugh every time.

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

un pour tous, tous pour un
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
tennis lover is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 04:31 PM   #20
country flag Deboogle!.
Vamos Mandy :)

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

What a shame that the match had to be marred by a controversy and that James probably should have won, MSNBC showed some of his comments after the match and he was about to cry over what happened. I really hope James can somehow bounce back physically and mentally to take the bronze, but it will be hard against Novak

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Deboogle!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 05:53 PM   #21
country flag tangerine_dream
Last dance, Andy

tangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond repute

So disappointing. Anybody who beats Federer deserves a medal.

*edit*

I didn't see what happened but there's this from reuters:

http://www.supersport.co.za/olympics...mes%20final%20
Blake and Gonzalez's semi-final was not much shorter at 42 games, and bitter controversy erupted after the 2004 bronze-medallist's 4-6, 7-5, 11-9 win.

US number one Blake, who stunned top seed Roger Federer in the quarters, claimed the Chilean touched a ball which went out but didn't admit it to the umpire.

Blake said he had lost "a little faith" in the 2004 bronze medallist and doubles champion over the incident, which happened at a crucial moment in the deciding set.

"Playing in the Olympics, in what's supposed to be considered a gentleman's sport, that's a time to call it on yourself. Fernando looked me square in the eye and didn't call it," Blake said.

"That's a disappointing way to exit the tournament when you not only lose the match, but you lose a little faith in your fellow competitor," he added.

Gonzalez, who saved three match points, denied any wrongdoing and said if he was sure he touched the ball, he would have said so.

"If I'm hundred percent sure about it, I will give it. But I'm not sure," he said.
------

More.

http://www.nbcolympics.com/tennis/ne...oses+shot+gold

Blake loses shot at gold
Accuses Gonzalez of not calling error on himself

The incident that upset Blake occurred with Gonzalez serving at 8-9 in the final set. On the first point, Blake hit a backhand passing shot long but contended the ball ticked Gonzalez's racket before landing, as TV replays confirmed.

Blake appealed in vain to the chair umpire, and said Gonzalez should have conceded the point. Blake went on to lose the game to make it 9-all.

"Playing in the Olympics, in what's supposed to be considered a gentleman's sport, that's a time to call it on yourself," Blake said. "Fernando looked me square in the eye and didn't call it."

Gonzalez said he was uncertain whether the ball hit his racket.

"I didn't feel anything," Gonzalez said. "I mean, it's just one point. There is an umpire. If I'm 100 percent sure about it, I mean, I will give it. But I'm not sure."

Blake described Gonzalez as a great player who does everything in his power to win, "usually" within the rules.

"Whatever he wants to say is fine," Blake said. "Whatever is going to get him to have some sleep tonight, then that's fine."
Attached Images
File Type: jpg yahoo.jpg (173.9 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg sportsline.jpg (242.3 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg sicom.jpg (199.6 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg fox.jpg (184.8 KB, 3 views)
"What kind of shape am I in now? Well round is a shape." said Roddick with a laugh. "I had a very detailed retirement plan, and I feel like I've met every aspect of it: a lot of golf, a lot of carbs, a lot of fried food, and some booze, occasionally — I've been completely committed ... The results have shown."

Mugs Tennis Forums

Last edited by tangerine_dream : 08-15-2008 at 08:18 PM.
tangerine_dream is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 06:56 PM   #22
country flag knight_ley
KIWI. A KIEFER KIWI.

knight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deboogle!. View Post
What a shame that the match had to be marred by a controversy and that James probably should have won, MSNBC showed some of his comments after the match and he was about to cry over what happened. I really hope James can somehow bounce back physically and mentally to take the bronze, but it will be hard against Novak
I was annoyed by it because it was a shady move on Gonzo's part, and I was gutted after the match, but it wasn't until I saw James' press conference that my heart broke for him. Ugh. I want to stay positive for the match, esp since he's never played Djokovic, but for him to get over how upset he is... Let's hope he can use that emotion for the good...
Old 08-15-2008, 07:06 PM   #23
country flag Deboogle!.
Vamos Mandy :)

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, I saw it on MSNBC and he was close to tears. James isn't perfect, but he's never done anything on court like that that I'm aware of. I have my issues with James but never with his character or sportsmanship, he's near the top in those departments. It probably didn't affect the outcome of the match as a whole because James had his chances before that, but it's just a shame. I already had no respect for Gonzalez anyway, so I still have none. It will be hard for him to come back, these guys having to play again right after a loss is always weird because usually once they lose they're out, so it'll be a challenge, but hopefully he can do it.

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Deboogle!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 03:04 AM   #24
country flag tennis lover

tennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond repute

that was a shame, it wasn't the most important point ever but I can imagine it played on James' mind, who knows what would have happened if things had been different. But it's done now.

Best case scenario now for James- beating both Federer and Djokovic and only getting Bronze. It doesn't seem right!

I really don't know who to root for. I probably like Nole more than James but my heart broke for both of them and I don't want either of them to be stuck in the crappy 4th place because that would be so hard to take for either of them.

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

un pour tous, tous pour un
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
tennis lover is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 03:53 PM   #25
country flag Jelena_78

Jelena_78 has a reputation beyond reputeJelena_78 has a reputation beyond reputeJelena_78 has a reputation beyond reputeJelena_78 has a reputation beyond reputeJelena_78 has a reputation beyond reputeJelena_78 has a reputation beyond reputeJelena_78 has a reputation beyond reputeJelena_78 has a reputation beyond reputeJelena_78 has a reputation beyond reputeJelena_78 has a reputation beyond reputeJelena_78 has a reputation beyond repute

for James and all his fans

Janko Tipsarević

Novak Đoković | Roger Federer | Marcos Baghdatis | Mikhail Youzhny | Andy Murray | Grigor Dimitrov | Dušan Lajović

Jelena_78 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 04:57 PM   #26
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute

Hi - just wanted to give a big to James and all his fans right now. Of course I wanted Nole to win his medal today, - but, - to me - what happened to James on Friday was so bad, and I still feel bad for him. I kind of wished he and Nole could have shared the bronze medal - of course - that was not to be - but I hope James can re-group and come back strong in the US Open.

Supporting Djoković, Tipsarević, Soderling, Tursunov, Youzhny, Cilić and quite a few more
*Ljubica* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 05:34 PM   #27
country flag knight_ley
KIWI. A KIEFER KIWI.

That was heartbreaking. I didn't even watch the end of the match cuz I knew I couldn't handle the tb, and I'll never watch it. Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
Old 08-16-2008, 08:15 PM   #28
country flag Jelena_78

Jelena_78 has a reputation beyond reputeJelena_78 has a reputation beyond reputeJelena_78 has a reputation beyond reputeJelena_78 has a reputation beyond reputeJelena_78 has a reputation beyond reputeJelena_78 has a reputation beyond reputeJelena_78 has a reputation beyond reputeJelena_78 has a reputation beyond reputeJelena_78 has a reputation beyond reputeJelena_78 has a reputation beyond reputeJelena_78 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary! View Post
That was heartbreaking. I didn't even watch the end of the match cuz I knew I couldn't handle the tb, and I'll never watch it. Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Mary

Janko Tipsarević

Novak Đoković | Roger Federer | Marcos Baghdatis | Mikhail Youzhny | Andy Murray | Grigor Dimitrov | Dušan Lajović

Jelena_78 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 09:47 PM   #29
country flag tangerine_dream
Last dance, Andy

tangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond repute

No medal for James. Fourth place is the worst place in the world.

Thanks for the kind words, Jelena and Rosie.
"What kind of shape am I in now? Well round is a shape." said Roddick with a laugh. "I had a very detailed retirement plan, and I feel like I've met every aspect of it: a lot of golf, a lot of carbs, a lot of fried food, and some booze, occasionally — I've been completely committed ... The results have shown."

Mugs Tennis Forums
tangerine_dream is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 10:20 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangerine_dream View Post
No medal for James. Fourth place is the worst place in the world.

Thanks for the kind words, Jelena and Rosie.
Sad, but true. I thought asking a player any player to take out both Roger and Nole would be asking a lot. And this was even before I knew about the problem in the Match with Gonzo. I used to like Gonzo, but no more
I think he used that as a way to get back at James over Davis Cup wins which was a very cheap thing to do
View My Blog!   Reply With Quote