The Olympics - Page 7 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-14-2008, 07:54 AM   #91
country flag krystlel

krystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Olympics

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeretiC View Post
It is not that bad, he still has the game and confidence to go for the shots. But his serve is just like it was before fall in 2007. He looked kinda slow, although he always does look like that when he is playing in match that should go the distance in time, so I am still not convinced in his fitness.
Yeah, I think that sums it up well. At times, I thought he was hitting his groundstrokes well (like in the middle of the first set) then just as I was about to compliment him, he throws in a couple of bad ones here and there. Of course the bigger problem was that he had to engage in rallies almost every single shot after his serve, whereas Monfils earned so many cheap points. His movement looked fine to me, actually I thought it would be worse than it actually was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getta
This is the most encouraging indicator of his promising return back onto the courts. But, for some reason I can't imagine him to be the one who makes an annoying noise in the upcoming US Open. Though I strongly hope he can still save this season with the Davis Cup win.
Yeah, I think maybe he is a bit short of match play to make some noise in the US Open.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigmagirl91 View Post
I always wonder why people who can't stand our guy want to pay us a visit. Isn't google easier and more convenient? Don't they know this is a message board for FANS and not trolls?
Not sure who you are referring to here...

Last edited by krystlel : 08-14-2008 at 08:40 AM.
krystlel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-14-2008, 11:36 AM   #92
country flag Viken01

Viken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by krystlel View Post
Yeah, I think maybe he is a bit short of match play to make some noise in the US Open.
Well if I learned something after so much years being fan of david it's to never make predictions
Old 08-15-2008, 12:23 AM   #93
country flag sigmagirl91
Miss Thang

sigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Not sure who you are referring to here...
It's back; that's all I'll say.....
Old 08-15-2008, 09:16 PM   #94
country flag krystlel

krystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond repute

Here's what David had to say after his loss:
Quote:
"It's a pity not to have played well because I do not know if in four years I will still be playing to participate in another Olympic Games. But I had chances. The theme is that I served poorly (?), wasn't able enough first serves in and he won many cheap points as well. Instead, I had to fight for everything. In addition, I had doubts as to when to attack and I had no patience for the ball from the baseline and choosing the moment to go forward. And sometimes I hurried." (That last sentence is a nightmare to try and figure out, oh well it doesn't matter)

"It was probably expected, because I lacked rhythm and matches. I knew that I did not arrive in the best way and that was reflected in the key moments."

"I am angry, of course, as I am every time I lose. These were the Games which I had set as an objective, and I lost. The good news is that I did not have problems with the injury (in the hip) and that meant a breakthrough."
http://www.ole.clarin.com/notas/2008.../01737001.html
Old 08-15-2008, 11:00 PM   #95
country flag Viken01

Viken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond repute

Krystel : El tema = El problema ==> The problem is that...

verbo intransitivo (Chi) (+ me/te/le etc) (urgir): no me apura - I'm not in a hurry for it

So I guess he meant that he was in a hurry when playing trying to go for the shot too early and making lot of UE because of it

anyway nice article
Old 08-15-2008, 11:46 PM   #96
country flag krystlel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viken01 View Post
Krystel : El tema = El problema ==> The problem is that...

verbo intransitivo (Chi) (+ me/te/le etc) (urgir): no me apura - I'm not in a hurry for it

So I guess he meant that he was in a hurry when playing trying to go for the shot too early and making lot of UE because of it

anyway nice article
Quote:
"In addition, I had doubts as to when to attack and I had no patience for the ball from the baseline and choosing the moment to go forward. And sometimes I hurried."
How about this part that he was unsure of when he should attack and go to the net? Is this right, because I really was guessing at what that meant...

By the way, I didn't know that you knew Spanish, Viken (You're French, right?). I don't know a single word of Spanish myself.

Last edited by krystlel : 08-15-2008 at 11:56 PM.
Old 08-16-2008, 12:58 AM   #97
country flag Viken01

Yeah I think you translated it well

And yes I'm french and I know spanish even if it's far from being as good as my english. But it's quiet easy to understand when you already know french because the words are similar but speaking it is another story (always had average marks haha)
Old 08-16-2008, 04:06 PM   #98
country flag Naina

Naina has a reputation beyond reputeNaina has a reputation beyond reputeNaina has a reputation beyond reputeNaina has a reputation beyond reputeNaina has a reputation beyond reputeNaina has a reputation beyond reputeNaina has a reputation beyond reputeNaina has a reputation beyond reputeNaina has a reputation beyond reputeNaina has a reputation beyond reputeNaina has a reputation beyond repute

Glad His injury is better, that's all I care about really. if he is healthy he will eventually start playing better. I think it's just lack of match practice. Wish him the very best for USO.
Nalbandian.Safin.Mathieu.
Naina is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 08:45 PM   #99
country flag HeretiC

HeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getta View Post
This is the most encouraging indicator of his promising return back onto the courts. But, for some reason I can't imagine him to be the one who makes an annoying noise in the upcoming US Open. Though I strongly hope he can still save this season with the Davis Cup win.
Quote:
He has only R32 to defend from US open, with a decent draw (and good health) he can easily surpass that. Apart for his health, I am more concerned about those 1000 points from Madrid and Paris and not ending the year as Top ten player, since 2002.

Quote:
I always wonder why people who can't stand our guy want to pay us a visit. Isn't google easier and more convenient? Don't they know this is a message board for FANS and not trolls?
Quote:
It's back; that's all I'll say.....
Am I missing some bad history here?

Quote:
Here's what David had to say after his loss:

http://www.ole.clarin.com/notas/2008.../01737001.html
Thanks for the article krystlel, it is good to see that he analyzed his match and realized his mistakes very objective. But I am still frightened from the lack of the 1st serve. It was a huge improvement of his last year and it was a big part of his wins in those 2 MS. He is one of the best returners, but it will be useless if we can not hold his serve. He has to find his serve movement and improve his 1st serve percentage, cause that 2nd serve was never a weapon, on contrary it was more of a liability against good returners.

Last edited by HeretiC : 08-16-2008 at 09:00 PM.
HeretiC is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote