JMG in 2008 (Team Tennis schedule in post #34) - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-10-2008, 05:02 AM   #46
country flag Fee

Fee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: JMG in 2008 (Team Tennis schedule in post #34)

Oh hallelujah! I was thinking about that event today and wondering if I would hear anything about it from anyone. They did some part of it today, I think there was a clinic and a pro-am or something, maybe a dinner?

Have a GREAT time, wear sunscreen and take a hat. Make sure you have your camera and something for both of them to sign (let me know if you want photos, I can give you good pictures of both of them). Don't be afraid to talk to either of them, they are both usually really good to fans, tell them both I said to be nice to you.

@dougrobson - Whoever is supplying Mahut with hair gel needs to ink a sponsorship deal now.

@Wimbledon - FYI, with @Wimbledon live scoring devices, please add 50 to the games in the fifth set of the Isner v Mahut match.

@HolterMedia - Nice to see that a three-day test has come to tennis here @wimbledon.

Andy wearring Crocs, courtesy of Smitty8
Fee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-10-2008, 03:17 PM   #47
country flag neenah

neenah has a reputation beyond reputeneenah has a reputation beyond reputeneenah has a reputation beyond reputeneenah has a reputation beyond reputeneenah has a reputation beyond reputeneenah has a reputation beyond reputeneenah has a reputation beyond reputeneenah has a reputation beyond reputeneenah has a reputation beyond reputeneenah has a reputation beyond reputeneenah has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fee View Post
Oh hallelujah! I was thinking about that event today and wondering if I would hear anything about it from anyone. They did some part of it today, I think there was a clinic and a pro-am or something, maybe a dinner?

Have a GREAT time, wear sunscreen and take a hat. Make sure you have your camera and something for both of them to sign (let me know if you want photos, I can give you good pictures of both of them). Don't be afraid to talk to either of them, they are both usually really good to fans, tell them both I said to be nice to you.
Yeah, there was a clinic. A couple of my friends went to it but I was on vacation until Friday night so I didn't know about it until it was over. As it is I was lucky my friend had free tickets to offer me. Oh and those same friends that went to the clinic are going to be ballgirls at the event. They said the clinic was great.

I'll definitely have my camera and hopefully I'll get to talk to them! I've gone to the USO 4 times but since I've always been so much younger than all the players so I'm always scared to talk to them - the only autograph I have is Isner's But this opportunity, at such a small venue, I won't miss it. Also, I am a year older than I was the last time I saw live tennis so maybe they won't think I'm some freakish tennis-obsessed teeny-bopper. Even if I still am a teenager.
neenah is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 12:21 AM   #48
country flag neenah

neenah has a reputation beyond reputeneenah has a reputation beyond reputeneenah has a reputation beyond reputeneenah has a reputation beyond reputeneenah has a reputation beyond reputeneenah has a reputation beyond reputeneenah has a reputation beyond reputeneenah has a reputation beyond reputeneenah has a reputation beyond reputeneenah has a reputation beyond reputeneenah has a reputation beyond repute

I just got home and I had a great time!! I got some autographs and a picture with Gimelstob but unfortunately no autograph from Jan-Michael. He was hardest to get to I'll give a short report when I post my pictures, hopefully today or tomorrow.
Old 08-11-2008, 12:35 AM   #49
country flag Fee

Fee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond repute

Oh that's a bummer, but you got 1 of 2 so that's good. Why was JMG so popular? Did he take off his shirt?

Feel free to put them in Justin's thread as well, if you don't mind. Looking forward to your report and photos. Thanks.

@dougrobson - Whoever is supplying Mahut with hair gel needs to ink a sponsorship deal now.

@Wimbledon - FYI, with @Wimbledon live scoring devices, please add 50 to the games in the fifth set of the Isner v Mahut match.

@HolterMedia - Nice to see that a three-day test has come to tennis here @wimbledon.

Old 08-11-2008, 12:45 AM   #50
country flag neenah

I just popped into Justin's forum to say I'd be back with pictures and a report. I'm afraid you'll have more to read there than here - Gambill kind of vanished when the rest of the players were just hanging around. He was a crowd favorite though, even with the shirt on (it was pretty chilly outside)
Old 08-13-2008, 05:38 AM   #51
country flag Fee

Neenah, did you go inside when it started to rain and watch the rest of the event in there? JMG called me today and I asked him why he didn't sign much and he said 'what?! I signed for ages.' He was there for all of the events, on both days, including the dinner Sunday night. Did you leave early?

Old 08-14-2008, 12:06 AM   #52
country flag neenah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fee View Post
Neenah, did you go inside when it started to rain and watch the rest of the event in there? JMG called me today and I asked him why he didn't sign much and he said 'what?! I signed for ages.' He was there for all of the events, on both days, including the dinner Sunday night. Did you leave early?
I stayed for the whole tennis part on Sunday, even the indoor part. I guess I wasn't looking hard enough for him. Although I didn't go to the clinic on Saturday or the dinner on Sunday. I guess that's why I didn't see him as much. I don't want to make it seem like he wasn't accessible to fans. When I did pass by him once he made eye contact and smiled. And I know two people who went to the clinic and they got pictures with him and I heard he was very nice.

Also, there was a line to get Gimelstob's autograph so that made it much easier for him. There was no "official" autograph signing for Gambill.

As for the pictures, I'm working on them, very sorry I have quite a lot though!

Last edited by neenah : 08-14-2008 at 01:08 AM.
Old 08-14-2008, 04:39 AM   #53
country flag neenah

I've posted my pictures and a report in the picture thread.
Old 08-14-2008, 05:12 AM   #54
country flag Fee

Thanks Neenah. I think JMG was a bit concerned that someone who wanted a photo or whatever missed him for whatever reason. He especially tries to always be there for any one that I mention to him (in advance), but I didn't have time to tell him that you were a general tennis fan and not one of his specifically. No worries, you'll see him next time.

Old 08-14-2008, 03:08 PM   #55
country flag neenah

Sounds like a great guy, good with fans.