LA Reports, Pics, Videos (Thursday Report Post 91, pics now up) - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-04-2008, 04:49 AM   #1
country flag Deboogle!.
Vamos Mandy :)

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute
Default LA Reports, Pics, Videos (Thursday Report Post 91, pics now up)

I wanted to wait til the pics and videos were uploaded before posting this but they're taking forever so I figured I'd post this now and i'll post the link to the pics and vids tomorrow

I have no money so the only tennis I get at the LA tourney this year is the practice day on Sunday. Luckily for me, I saw all the players in the draw I like

I got there around 10:15 and the guy tells me I can't get in and that there are no practices til noon. But I could hear balls being hit. LOL. so I walked up the hill and found they had opened some of the emergency exit gates, so yay. So in the stadium, Fish was practicing with.... I think David Martin. I imagine he wanted to play a lefty to prepare for Falla in the first round. Anyway, nothing exciting here really. Fish's forehand still blows chunks and I have no idea who's coaching him. Oh, and he had a 'harem' of sorts consisting of his fiancee and four older women

I hadn't been to the practice day in a few years - last time I went they wouldn't let us go down the stairs to the grandstand or practice court, but this year they did! Lopez, looking especially metro in this tight brown and pink number, was hitting with someone I know looks very familiar but I need help putting a name to the face.

11:00 rolled around so I figured the courts would be changing (and I saw both Safin and Haas enter the grounds about 15 min before)..... and there they were on the stadium, hitting the crap out of the ball. Really, Haas especially looked great, he was killing his BH down the line. They were playing some kind of practice match/games and Marat kept getting frustrated, what else is new Oh, and Haas's girlfriend is disgustingly thin. that's all.

Watched them for some time, then checked out the grandstand, where Lopez's unidentified practice partner was now hitting with Grosjean, who somehow missed both Christmas and Christmas in July.... anyway, always nice to see cheerful Seb. So I went back to the stadium, mainly because there was shade there and watching Haas/Safin was fun anyway.

At noon, John Isner came out with Igor Kunitsyn, which seemed like a bit of an odd pair, but the players don't seem to interact much anyway. They're all cordial to each other and shake hands and say hi when they're coming and going.... except for one poor lonely ignored soul. Poor Vinny Ice (today all decked out in his purple blinged hat with his fro logo ) has no friends - not even his compatriot Isner says hello. Later I heard this guy telling someone on the phone that Spadea's hitting partner didn't show up so he was throwing up balls for himself and hitting shots off them Anyway, Isner is huge. I know, stating the obvious. But he really is. He's also incredibly nice and was signing autographs and taking pictures with fans on his way in before his practice - the only player I saw do that to that extent.

there was no way in hell I was gonna watch Spadea, so I watched a few min of Malisse practicing with Wayne Odesnik and then sought some shade at the practice court where Verdasco was practicing with Falla. They were really going all out. Verdasco especially got upset whenever he missed. But he looked solid. And good on him, he had a visible layer of sunscreen smeared all over

Unable to be without his dear friend for too long, Lopez was back and went into Verdasco's practice. At 2, the two of them moved to the stadium where they practiced for an hour (so a second hit for each of them). They warmed up and started playing a practice set and the intensity was pretty high. Feli was serving big but Verdasco was pretty much kicking his ass

Then at 3 on the Grandstand Court, Moya was hitting with Safin - I don't know why, but Safin hitting twice in one day sort of amused me. At the same time, Del Potro was hitting on the stadium with.....someone. Del Potro gets the "hitting the absolute shit out of the ball" award today, he was creaming it off both wings.

By now, everyone had heard that Roddick was practicing at 4, so I settled in under some shade. Andy was in an unusually good mood today, joking with his brother and trainer Doug and some buddy that was on court with them. Good news is that his backhand looked really damn good, spot on, low over the net, deep in the court, nice and flat - good angles and down the line in the corners - better than I can remember seeing it, to be honest. Where that is during his matches lately is beyond me. Bad news (for his fans anyway) is that he didn't hit any serves or overheads at all, and he didn't even hit many normal forehands - he was slicing and squashing most of them especially after the first few minutes of his practice (see videos). At one point fairly early in the practice he hit a few really oddly like with his left arm still against his body (he was messing around) and he joked with John that the form was terrible but "at least it doesn't hurt when I hit it this way".... He was also talking to Doug during the practice more than I remember him usually doing, and he kinda stretched his neck a few times. so something is still definitely not right

I know he's my favorite so I'm hardly unbiased, but I like a wole lot of the other players I saw today too and I can easily say Roddick is by far the most entertaining player to watch in practice - joking around, interacting with the fans, being in general silly like hitting funny shots to be intentionally funny, and messing around with his team, he's the only one who looks like he's having any fun or who cares that the fans are there.

Anyway, then Malisse came out to practice again and then they kicked us out at 5pm. The pictures and videos are uploading now - I took a lot and they're uploading slowly, but I will ask for ID of a couple players when I have them and will post the links...

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...

Last edited by Deboogle!. : 08-04-2008 at 05:31 AM.
Deboogle!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-04-2008, 04:50 AM   #2
country flag Deboogle!.

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: LA Practice Day Report (Pictures, Videos coming soon)

This player was hitting with Del Potro, does anyone know who it is?

bigger pic here http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3118/...f1ff20a7_o.jpg if that would help)

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Old 08-04-2008, 05:06 AM   #3
country flag Fee

Fee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond repute

Yay, thanks for the report. Hurry up pictures .

@dougrobson - Whoever is supplying Mahut with hair gel needs to ink a sponsorship deal now.

@Wimbledon - FYI, with @Wimbledon live scoring devices, please add 50 to the games in the fifth set of the Isner v Mahut match.

@HolterMedia - Nice to see that a three-day test has come to tennis here @wimbledon.

Andy wearring Crocs, courtesy of Smitty8
Fee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 05:08 AM   #4
country flag Kitty de Sade
Retired Party Hostess

Kitty de Sade has a reputation beyond reputeKitty de Sade has a reputation beyond reputeKitty de Sade has a reputation beyond reputeKitty de Sade has a reputation beyond reputeKitty de Sade has a reputation beyond reputeKitty de Sade has a reputation beyond reputeKitty de Sade has a reputation beyond reputeKitty de Sade has a reputation beyond reputeKitty de Sade has a reputation beyond reputeKitty de Sade has a reputation beyond reputeKitty de Sade has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for sharing Deb. Spadea pics whenever possible, por favor.
Kitty de Sade is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 05:11 AM   #5
country flag Deboogle!.

Of course his hat, oh his hat

Old 08-04-2008, 05:14 AM   #6
country flag Kitty de Sade
Retired Party Hostess

Kitty de Sade has a reputation beyond reputeKitty de Sade has a reputation beyond reputeKitty de Sade has a reputation beyond reputeKitty de Sade has a reputation beyond reputeKitty de Sade has a reputation beyond reputeKitty de Sade has a reputation beyond reputeKitty de Sade has a reputation beyond reputeKitty de Sade has a reputation beyond reputeKitty de Sade has a reputation beyond reputeKitty de Sade has a reputation beyond reputeKitty de Sade has a reputation beyond repute

His clothing line is I can only guess how awesome the hat must have been.
Kitty de Sade is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 05:47 AM   #7
country flag ~*BGT*~

~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute

Regarding Andy, I read this on another site. What do you make of it?

Posted this in the Cincinnati thread, but it seems like it warrants a mention in here:

Interesting Andy Roddick related...not sure what to classify this as... junk, I suppose. A friend of mine works at the Children's Hospital in Cincinnati, where the Monday before he was supposed to start, Andy visited. My friend was relating the fact that he gave a child with meningitis a big hug, which my friend thought was a bit sketchy, since meningitis is apparently very contagious. Fast forward to Tuesday, where Andy Roddick pulls out of this first match due to neck stiffness. Guess what one of the symptoms are meningitis is.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meningitis

"Severe headache is the most common symptom of meningitis (87 percent) followed by nuchal rigidity ("neck stiffness", found in 83%)."

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

un pour tous, tous pour un
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
~*BGT*~ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 05:51 AM   #8
country flag Deboogle!.

If Andy's traveling the world, staying in huge hotels, and visiting kids with meningitis and hasn't had the vaccine, he deserves whatever he gets. my lowly pediatrician wouldn't even let me go away to college without getting the vaccine. I would hope neither he nor the rest of these guys would be that stupid. Anyway, the video of him visiting the hospital is right on the ATP Masters Series TV site, as are pictures of him there, soooo it's not like what he did is hidden. And anyway, if he contracted meningitis, I really don't think he'd be out in almost 90 degree heat practicing for an hour just forgoing serving and forehands

Old 08-04-2008, 05:53 AM   #9
country flag leng jai

leng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond repute

The description of Roddick's backhand made me laugh out loud.

TOMMY HASS
0 slams () and 0 finals
0 consecutive weeks at world no. 1
0 consecutive Laureus World Sports Awards
0 times qualified for YEC
3-13 H2H against Rogi Featherer
0-5 H2H against Rafito Nadal
Career low ranking: 1,241 (26.06.1995)
0 fake mullets flaunted in Roland Garros finals.
1 first name in common with Tommy Robredo
leng jai is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 05:55 AM   #10
country flag Deboogle!.

Glad to provide your amusement for the day

Old 08-04-2008, 05:55 AM   #11
country flag ~*BGT*~

~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute

I just hope that the pain is caused by that one night of sleeping and and not anything else. I just got a little nervous and scared when I saw that.

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

un pour tous, tous pour un
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
~*BGT*~ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 05:58 AM   #12
country flag Deboogle!.

Sorry, it just doesn't meet my common sense test. neither the hospital nor andy (or his fiancee, for that matter) would be that stupid. he's stupid about a lot of stuff, but not that stupid. and a hospital would never ever be stupid enough to set itself up for a lawsuit of that magnitude. They get sued enough for accidents, they'd never put a celebrity around a kid with a highly contagious deadly disease. Really now. as for your original "what do you make of it?" question, I make that the original poster doesn't know much about meningitis or really put much thought into the whole situation

Old 08-04-2008, 06:00 AM   #13
country flag Fee

Fee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*BGT*~ View Post

Posted this in the Cincinnati thread, but it seems like it warrants a mention in here:

Interesting Andy Roddick related...not sure what to classify this as... junk, I suppose. A friend of mine works at the Children's Hospital in Cincinnati, where the Monday before he was supposed to start, Andy visited. My friend was relating the fact that he gave a child with meningitis a big hug, which my friend thought was a bit sketchy, since meningitis is apparently very contagious. Fast forward to Tuesday, where Andy Roddick pulls out of this first match due to neck stiffness. Guess what one of the symptoms are meningitis is.

"Severe headache is the most common symptom of meningitis (87 percent) followed by nuchal rigidity ("neck stiffness", found in 83%)."

Can you give me the link to this post so that I can go there and laugh at it directly, pleeeeeaaasssseeeee.

Yeah, the Cincy hospital is going to put highly contagious children near anyone, much less a world class athlete.

@dougrobson - Whoever is supplying Mahut with hair gel needs to ink a sponsorship deal now.

@Wimbledon - FYI, with @Wimbledon live scoring devices, please add 50 to the games in the fifth set of the Isner v Mahut match.

@HolterMedia - Nice to see that a three-day test has come to tennis here @wimbledon.

Andy wearring Crocs, courtesy of Smitty8
Fee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 06:32 AM   #14
country flag Mimi

Mimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond repute

great description, thanks

Epic movies, like brokeback mountain, are seldom found in the industry or worthy for the mainstream viewer. As often as I have watched the clips of this movie, I always find something more to it. For one, the gay stuff doesn't enter the picture for me, only the dimension of the highest love I have ever witnessed in life or on film.
Mimi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 06:45 AM   #15
country flag Oj-Ala

Oj-Ala has a reputation beyond reputeOj-Ala has a reputation beyond reputeOj-Ala has a reputation beyond reputeOj-Ala has a reputation beyond reputeOj-Ala has a reputation beyond reputeOj-Ala has a reputation beyond reputeOj-Ala has a reputation beyond reputeOj-Ala has a reputation beyond reputeOj-Ala has a reputation beyond reputeOj-Ala has a reputation beyond reputeOj-Ala has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*BGT*~ View Post

This simply cant be !!!

I mean, it would be stupid from the hospital for doesnt take care of that child and put him/her in quarentene or something like that, separated from the other kids or people without vaccines and special protection...
And/or it would be stupid from Andy to do that ! cute but stupid....

Maybe that person got confused and said meningitis instead of meningioma ?
You know, it was actually a cancer hospital, so meningioma fits...
DEL POTROGASQUETKIEFERCLEMENTANDREEV...

"Im a great kisser" -Andy Roddick

Roger: YOU ARE GOLD !

Oj-Ala is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote