WTF! Hawiaan Forehand Grip!!! - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-16-2008, 11:03 PM   #31
country flag fast_clay

fast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: WTF! Hawiaan Forehand Grip!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deflori View Post

I think iam in danger!
yes... your elbow is... its out there with your contact point... not good...
the racquet head should lag behind your wrist a lot.. yes.. but, not behind your elbow that far as well...

again... just an opinion mate... everyone has one... and, i also must balance what i say by saying that, if you are extremely relaxed at impactand are letting the racquet take control of the shot fully there is every chance what i said dont apply...

like the bus crash, those awake die... those asleep survive... why? tension... thats the real injury causer...

i can suggest something to help you if you like...?

this can happen with extreme western grips from a young age when the bounce of the ball is comparatively high to a young body... it should be, under guidance, corrected at a later age...
fast_clay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-19-2008, 10:58 AM   #32
country flag Kolya

Kolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond repute

I play with a pretty extreme western grip and have no problems with it.

With low slices you just need to get down to it and whip it up with a lot of wrist.
Old 07-19-2008, 04:04 PM   #33
country flag sheeter

sheeter has a reputation beyond reputesheeter has a reputation beyond reputesheeter has a reputation beyond reputesheeter has a reputation beyond reputesheeter has a reputation beyond reputesheeter has a reputation beyond reputesheeter has a reputation beyond reputesheeter has a reputation beyond reputesheeter has a reputation beyond reputesheeter has a reputation beyond reputesheeter has a reputation beyond repute

i played a person who used this grip, he had some crazy whip over his forehand and hit it pretty hard and reasonably topspun. Nice guy, but didn't like playing against variety.
Old 07-21-2008, 02:13 PM   #34
country flag henwal_of_sweden

henwal_of_sweden has a reputation beyond reputehenwal_of_sweden has a reputation beyond reputehenwal_of_sweden has a reputation beyond reputehenwal_of_sweden has a reputation beyond reputehenwal_of_sweden has a reputation beyond reputehenwal_of_sweden has a reputation beyond reputehenwal_of_sweden has a reputation beyond reputehenwal_of_sweden has a reputation beyond reputehenwal_of_sweden has a reputation beyond reputehenwal_of_sweden has a reputation beyond reputehenwal_of_sweden has a reputation beyond repute

Finally some talk about my missing hero, Alberto Berasategui. Back in the days I used to buy the clothes he was wearing and also had the same PC600 racket which at that time was killing my game since i was still pretty much a beginner.

Here are some nice videos from the tube showing our hero playing:

VS Courier in Nice, France: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_QaR4NFpgs

VS Agassi in AO 1998: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YotDZDArC3M

Vamos Alberto!

Shame he had to retire! From what I remember he had some kind of sickness that made his legs cramp very fast.