Do you watch Live Streaming on the Internet? - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-21-2008, 05:14 AM   #1
country flag Gamblore

Gamblore has a reputation beyond reputeGamblore has a reputation beyond reputeGamblore has a reputation beyond reputeGamblore has a reputation beyond reputeGamblore has a reputation beyond reputeGamblore has a reputation beyond reputeGamblore has a reputation beyond reputeGamblore has a reputation beyond reputeGamblore has a reputation beyond reputeGamblore has a reputation beyond reputeGamblore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Do you watch Live Streaming on the Internet?

I do and it eats up my download quickly. I have Pay TV, but i can't get certain football leagues and i can't view certain NBA or other games etc. My problem is, why the hell does TPG, my internet company set off peak download at 4am - 9am.. I'm friggin asleep then dickheads.

I watch to much and download too much.

Come on out with it, share your feedback.
Gamblore is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-21-2008, 11:32 AM   #2
country flag ryan23

ryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do you watch Live Streaming on the Internet?

The only sport i watch online is tennis when its not on t.v over here usually the crap events in the calander,and i usually watch that through the williamhill video or betfaif live video-both are pretty good, so i'm no expert i'm affraid, were lucky over here we have sky sports that gives us all our football and other european leagues e.g spanish and sky sports also does tennis.rugby,cricket etc etc...

Sky sports do all the masters series events in the tennis which is great along with most of the grand slams apart from wimbledon which is on our BBC, i think its fair to say were sport mad over here but i know you lot are to..

4-9am when your asleep aint helping you what a joke

i'm sure some people must know of some better streams for you...

Big Star/Alex Chilton R.I.P

The Stone Roses

Guns N' Roses
ryan23 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 03:03 PM   #3
country flag TankingTheSet

TankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jig-Jag View Post
I do and it eats up my download quickly. I have Pay TV, but i can't get certain football leagues and i can't view certain NBA or other games etc. My problem is, why the hell does TPG, my internet company set off peak download at 4am - 9am.. I'm friggin asleep then dickheads.

I watch to much and download too much.

Come on out with it, share your feedback.
I think your problem is that because you are in Australia, your Internet Service Provider places restrictions on the amount of internet bandwidth/download amount you are allowed to use. ISPs in Australia probably pay a lot more for connections to the rest of the world.

In Europe and North America, bandwidth is much cheaper, and most stream servers are located not that far away with good connections, so there are actually very few ISPs that restrict the amount you download. Basic streams don't even take up that much bandwidth compared to the max download speed that is offered (several megabit/s).

TT Singles 2012: W: Winston-Salem SF: Honolulu CH, Rotterdam, Memphis, 's-Hertogenbosch, Wimbledon, Beijing, Vienna QF: Barcelona, Nice, Bastad, Petange CH, Bangkok R16: Monte Carlo, Madrid
TT Doubles 2012: W: Caloundra CH (with kingroger), Acapulco (with keqtqiadv) F: Beijing (with KittyTennis) SF: Sydney (with Belludal), Memphis (with Belludal), Guadalajara CH (with kingroger), Wimbledon (with RHB1993) QF: Barcelona (with extremaduratenis), Cincinnati (with stbanchile)
TankingTheSet is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 08:36 PM   #4
country flag nastoff
LIFETIME MUG

nastoff has a reputation beyond reputenastoff has a reputation beyond reputenastoff has a reputation beyond reputenastoff has a reputation beyond reputenastoff has a reputation beyond reputenastoff has a reputation beyond reputenastoff has a reputation beyond reputenastoff has a reputation beyond reputenastoff has a reputation beyond reputenastoff has a reputation beyond reputenastoff has a reputation beyond repute

Here in the UK they might not restrict the amount you download - if you're on an unlimited connection - but they can restrict your connection speed by over 10 times during peak hours which can be equallly bad. They have a kind of a "black list", and if you happen to download "too much" - in the excess of 60 gb/month or less ( not really that much after all ) they can place you in that list and then you will experience 400k/sec connection speeds during peak hours which is not enough even for a normal stream - like the ones offered by betlivetv.
I managed to get myself out of the black list list and I'm doing well for now - over 6 mbit and it's peak time right now. But you never know when they will put you back into the list.
So you not only need a provider that offers unlimited downloads but also no restriction on speed.
nastoff is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 07:12 AM   #5
country flag The Gucci one

The Gucci one has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gucci one has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gucci one has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gucci one has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gucci one has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gucci one has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gucci one has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gucci one has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gucci one has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gucci one has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gucci one has a reputation beyond repute

jig go with westnet.com.au there pricing is very competitive and the off peak is 10pm to 10am which is better than TPG.

QF Las Vegas 2006
QF Halle 2006
QF s-Hertogenbosch 2006
The Gucci one is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 07:29 AM   #6
country flag Gamblore

Gamblore has a reputation beyond reputeGamblore has a reputation beyond reputeGamblore has a reputation beyond reputeGamblore has a reputation beyond reputeGamblore has a reputation beyond reputeGamblore has a reputation beyond reputeGamblore has a reputation beyond reputeGamblore has a reputation beyond reputeGamblore has a reputation beyond reputeGamblore has a reputation beyond reputeGamblore has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Guc, gotta contract though of 24 months and i've had it for about 5.
Gamblore is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 07:43 AM   #7
country flag The Gucci one

The Gucci one has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gucci one has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gucci one has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gucci one has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gucci one has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gucci one has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gucci one has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gucci one has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gucci one has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gucci one has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gucci one has a reputation beyond repute

No worries Jig, contracts are a bugger mate(shows a lack of confidence the company has in it's service imho)Westnet don't have them because they have the confidence that people will stay with them because they have a great service. I suggest when your contract runs out that you look around at other options.

QF Las Vegas 2006
QF Halle 2006
QF s-Hertogenbosch 2006
The Gucci one is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 09:32 AM   #8
country flag maconick

maconick has a reputation beyond reputemaconick has a reputation beyond reputemaconick has a reputation beyond reputemaconick has a reputation beyond reputemaconick has a reputation beyond reputemaconick has a reputation beyond reputemaconick has a reputation beyond reputemaconick has a reputation beyond reputemaconick has a reputation beyond reputemaconick has a reputation beyond reputemaconick has a reputation beyond repute

I have Tpg's $69.99 ADSL2+ 150GB(40GB on peak + 110GB off peak) 3-9am off peak

Best thing ever!!!
maconick is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote