Clay season 2008 - Page 19 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-07-2008, 12:34 PM   #271
country flag Truc

Truc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Clay season 2008

They don't have his post-match interview in English on the tournament website? Or am I looking at the wrong place again?

His team points out he lost a bit of his focus in the 4th set and it possibly cost him a 5th set (which is too bad according to Champion because he had the impression that Gaël was physically stronger).
And it's true he started to pull off more of a show yesterday than in his previous matches, throwing his racquet, diving all the time, etc. - Champion and Barbarin were always pointing at their head when the cameras showed them in the stands to tell him to not lose this concentration, not to leave this sort of "bubble" he was in during the tournament. Champion means he was less into his match than against Ferrer.

He was trying so hard to control his real nature during the tournament... He looked like a different Gaël, he always said in interviews he tries to be like a robot.
Truc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-08-2008, 01:52 PM   #272
country flag Truc

Truc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond repute

According to L'Equipe, he will make a few TV shows next week, Le Grand Journal, maybe Ruquier too... The wife of Champion, who seems to take care of this kind of things, says she's got 15.000 requests, but he will do as few as possible.
His team seems quite worried about how he will deal with the situation.
http://www.leparisien.fr/home/sports...ARDE_298551502
Champion says he won't give Gaël a break so he doesn't lose his focus and waste all the good work they've done in Roland.
It cracks me up because they always speak of him as if he were "Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde" - Hyde being "La Monf'". (Barbarin is not happy because "La Monf'" was back at times at the end of his match against Federer, etc.)

Last edited by Truc : 06-08-2008 at 06:42 PM.
Old 06-08-2008, 05:29 PM   #273
country flag Truc

Gaël is qualified for Beijing after Richard's withdrawal.
Old 06-08-2008, 06:06 PM   #274
country flag Truc

Do they have the video of Le Grand Journal on their website after the show? I'd love to see it.
I have only France 2 - France 3 here, so I can only watch Ruquier ^^ (but it's not sure yet he will go that show, apparently).
Old 06-08-2008, 06:15 PM   #275
country flag soulage

soulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond repute

Normalement, y'a pas de problème pour voir le Grand Journal sur le site de Canal +, le programme est mis en ligne.
http://www.canalplus.fr/tous-les-pro...-journal.html?
soulage is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 06:35 PM   #276
country flag Truc

Ah super, merci!

As for the Olympic Games, he was asked about it on Friday and his face really brightened up when they first told him he was qualified, so I guess he will be happy about it. (But then he understood the journalists were assuming Jo would withdraw and his reaction was cute too: "Ah, mais non, je veux qu’il les fasse, les Jeux, Jo ! J’ai envie qu’il y aille." - "But no, I want Jo to be at the Games! I want him to go.")
Old 07-06-2008, 08:46 AM   #277
country flag Truc

*bump*
I don't know why he's playing Bastad - and even less now with all the Manicom stories - but in case he decides to play, he has an easy draw!

(1) FERRER, David ESP/BYE
QUALIFIER v PASHANSKI, Boris SRB
GICQUEL, Marc FRA v ROCHUS, Olivier BEL
FOGNINI, Fabio ITA v (8) SODERLING, Robin SWE

(3) ROBREDO, Tommy ESP/BYE
GRANOLLERS, Marcel ESP v BJORKMAN, Jonas SWE
GULBIS, Ernests LAT v DARCIS, Steve BEL
ROITMAN, Sergio ARG v (7) NIEMINEN, Jarkko FIN

(5) MOYA, Carlos ESP v STARACE, Potito ITA
QUALIFIER v SAFIN, Marat RUS
JOHANSSON, Thomas SWE v (WC) PRPIC, Filip SWE
BYE/(4) BERDYCH, Tomas CZE

(6) MONFILS, Gael FRA v (WC) RYDERSTEDT, Michael SWE
QUALIFIER v QUALIFIER
(WC) ELESKOVIC, Ervin SWE v VOLANDRI, Filippo ITA
BYE/(2) VERDASCO, Fernando ESP
Old 07-07-2008, 08:22 PM   #278
country flag Truc

He withdrew.
He could have pulled out in time, he certainly already knew on Friday that he wasn't going to play...
Old 07-08-2008, 06:43 AM   #279
country flag Truc

According to l'Equipe, he actually really was in Bastad, injured his ankle in training and his withdrawal was approved by the doc of the tournament.
Old 07-08-2008, 10:31 AM   #280
country flag Bullibule

Bullibule has a reputation beyond reputeBullibule has a reputation beyond reputeBullibule has a reputation beyond reputeBullibule has a reputation beyond reputeBullibule has a reputation beyond reputeBullibule has a reputation beyond reputeBullibule has a reputation beyond reputeBullibule has a reputation beyond reputeBullibule has a reputation beyond reputeBullibule has a reputation beyond reputeBullibule has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truc View Post
According to l'Equipe, he actually really was in Bastad, injured his ankle in training and his withdrawal was approved by the doc of the tournament.
Thanks for the information Truc, can you put the article of LEQUIPE here?
Bullibule is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 10:41 AM   #281
country flag Truc

You crack me up with your smilies all the time.

But there's no article about Gaël, just a couple of lines. It's all about Rafito again today!
MONFILS FORFAIT À BASTAD. – Inscrit au tournoi de Bastad (Suède), qui a débuté hier, Gaël Monfils a finalement dû déclarer forfait. Il s’est blessé à l’entraînement à la cheville. Il a donc quitté Bastad hier soir, après avoir fait constater sa blessure par le médecin du tournoi.
Old 07-08-2008, 11:13 AM   #282
country flag Bullibule

Bullibule has a reputation beyond reputeBullibule has a reputation beyond reputeBullibule has a reputation beyond reputeBullibule has a reputation beyond reputeBullibule has a reputation beyond reputeBullibule has a reputation beyond reputeBullibule has a reputation beyond reputeBullibule has a reputation beyond reputeBullibule has a reputation beyond reputeBullibule has a reputation beyond reputeBullibule has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truc View Post
You crack me up with your smilies all the time.

But there's no article about Gaël, just a couple of lines. It's all about Rafito again today!
MONFILS FORFAIT À BASTAD. – Inscrit au tournoi de Bastad (Suède), qui a débuté hier, Gaël Monfils a finalement dû déclarer forfait. Il s’est blessé à l’entraînement à la cheville. Il a donc quitté Bastad hier soir, après avoir fait constater sa blessure par le médecin du tournoi.
Well, sorry

My god, I hope that it isn't serious It is really damage that he is wounded as much, despairing. I really hope that it isn't serious
Bullibule is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote