Wimbledon 2008 - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-02-2008, 09:38 AM   #16
country flag Tulipe

Tulipe has a reputation beyond reputeTulipe has a reputation beyond reputeTulipe has a reputation beyond reputeTulipe has a reputation beyond reputeTulipe has a reputation beyond reputeTulipe has a reputation beyond reputeTulipe has a reputation beyond reputeTulipe has a reputation beyond reputeTulipe has a reputation beyond reputeTulipe has a reputation beyond reputeTulipe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wimbledon 2008

Yes, good luck! I think it will be difficult, but Baghdatis was a great warm-up.
Ruben Ramirez-Hidalgo is an intruiging player. A complete nobody who near the age of 30 worked himself up to be a competitive claycourter (2006-2007), beating Ferrer at RG, leading Federer 5-1 in the final set in Masters Series tournament.

His playing style is also of interest, he is the most technically pure moonballer on the tour
miles ahead of Nadal in esthetic terms, complete with a never-failing trademark grunt. A legend.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathaliia View Post
i sit on central court in the front row, turn my head back over whole stand and the vip lounge above and see RRHs moonballs from court #2
Tulipe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-02-2008, 01:21 PM   #17
country flag dulkogi

dulkogi has a reputation beyond reputedulkogi has a reputation beyond reputedulkogi has a reputation beyond reputedulkogi has a reputation beyond reputedulkogi has a reputation beyond reputedulkogi has a reputation beyond reputedulkogi has a reputation beyond reputedulkogi has a reputation beyond reputedulkogi has a reputation beyond reputedulkogi has a reputation beyond reputedulkogi has a reputation beyond repute

Feli 4*1 in first set!

Nalbandian-Hass-Gonzalez-Nole!
Berdych-Chela-Tsonga-Lopez
Murray-Roddick-Nadal-Isner
dulkogi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 12:55 AM   #18
country flag deanna

deanna has a reputation beyond reputedeanna has a reputation beyond reputedeanna has a reputation beyond reputedeanna has a reputation beyond reputedeanna has a reputation beyond reputedeanna has a reputation beyond reputedeanna has a reputation beyond reputedeanna has a reputation beyond reputedeanna has a reputation beyond reputedeanna has a reputation beyond reputedeanna has a reputation beyond repute

Damn! Lopez lost 6-3, 5-7, 6-7(1), 3-6
He played well though

.JuanCarlosFerrero.DavidFerrer.
.ArnaudClément.FilippoVolandri.SimoneBolelli.JuanMonaco.
.FernandoGonzalez.FelicianoLopez.
Ferrero Tard #29
deanna is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 01:19 AM   #19
country flag dulkogi

dulkogi has a reputation beyond reputedulkogi has a reputation beyond reputedulkogi has a reputation beyond reputedulkogi has a reputation beyond reputedulkogi has a reputation beyond reputedulkogi has a reputation beyond reputedulkogi has a reputation beyond reputedulkogi has a reputation beyond reputedulkogi has a reputation beyond reputedulkogi has a reputation beyond reputedulkogi has a reputation beyond repute

Feli!

Old 07-03-2008, 01:23 AM   #20
country flag dulkogi

Wednesday, 2 July 2008

Marat Safin def. Feliciano Lopez 3-6, 7-5, 7-6, 6-3

Q. You've beat him four times before. He managed only once to beat you. What was the difference this time?

FELICIANO LÓPEZ: Well, he was the better player today than me, than the other times we played. I think after losing the second set I really went down, no? I lost all my confidence and he start to play better and better. That's probably the reason that he won the match.

Q. When he played against you, has he ever bean up to this level, or that was the best tennis he showed in matches against you?

FELICIANO LÓPEZ: I think, no, the best match we played I think was in Madrid. He also beat me. He was playing I think his best tennis at this moment. He won that tournament after and he won Paris, also straight. So I think he was playing a little bit better. But, anyway, Marat is playing very good now.

Q. Do you practice with him when he's in Spain? Have you ever been hitting partners?

FELICIANO LÓPEZ: Not much because he's in Valencia and I am in Barcelona or Madrid. But we hit sometimes in the tournaments.

Q. How big a chance do you give him to go all the way?

FELICIANO LÓPEZ: It's tough to say. Against Roger, is the king of the grass. Is difficult to predict what is going to happen, but of course he's going to have chances, no? If he plays good, he's gonna have chances. But, of course, Roger is the favorite, no?

Q. Before the rain delay he seemed to be getting very frustrated. How did that help you?

FELICIANO LÓPEZ: After the rain?

Q. Before the rain you were much stronger. He came back after the rain much calmer. Did that affect your game?

FELICIANO LÓPEZ: We came back 5-2 in the first and I still won the first set. In the second set I was playing okay until the end. After losing the tiebreak in the second, then I start to play bad, no? But I don't think it was because of the rain.

Q. Did he surprise you in any way, or it was just your poor game?

FELICIANO LÓPEZ: No.

Q. Did he surprise you with coming in a bit more?

FELICIANO LÓPEZ: I'm not surprised. Marat is a great player, no? He was No. 1 in the world, I think. Why I have to be surprised?

Q. Did he offer something new that you couldn't handle?

FELICIANO LÓPEZ: No, no. He played his game and that's all. I don't think he did something different today.

Old 07-03-2008, 02:07 AM   #21
country flag deanna

deanna has a reputation beyond reputedeanna has a reputation beyond reputedeanna has a reputation beyond reputedeanna has a reputation beyond reputedeanna has a reputation beyond reputedeanna has a reputation beyond reputedeanna has a reputation beyond reputedeanna has a reputation beyond reputedeanna has a reputation beyond reputedeanna has a reputation beyond reputedeanna has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the interview

.JuanCarlosFerrero.DavidFerrer.
.ArnaudClément.FilippoVolandri.SimoneBolelli.JuanMonaco.
.FernandoGonzalez.FelicianoLopez.
Ferrero Tard #29
deanna is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 03:04 AM   #22
country flag VolandriFan

VolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond repute

What a sweet interview.

It's a shame really, I felt that Feli was the better player throughout the match, Marat just has more experience in the later stages of slams and it paid dividends.

Fognini|Mathieu|Falla|Bolelli|Muller|Verdasco
Monaco|Garcia-Lopez|Dancevic|Granollers|Massu|Schwank
Wolmarans|Xristos|Ferrer|Monfils|Alcaide|Starace
VolandriFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 03:03 PM   #23
country flag dulkogi

El tren pasó...
El español Feliciano López lamentó su despedida de Wimbledon ante Marat SafinEFE

Actualizado: 2 de julio de 2008, 5:35 PM ET
Comentarios
Enviar
Imprimir

EFE

Feliciano López no pudo con el ruso Marat Safin
LONDRES -- El español Feliciano López se despidió de Wimbledon en cuartos de final frente al ruso Marat Safin con una doble falta.

Fue la misma moneda al aire que lanzó en su choque de octavos ante el chipriota Marcos Baghdatis. Entonces, un segundo saque a 200 kilómetros por hora se convirtió en un 'ace'. Feliciano pudo remontar tres bolas de partido y se llevó el gato al agua.

Hoy, con la segunda bola de partido a favor de Safin, su saque no fue bueno, 'Feli' cometió su sexta doble falta y la moneda cayó del lado de la derrota. El toledano se quedó de nuevo a las puertas de una semifinal de Wimbledon, adonde accedió por primera vez su rival, el ruso Marat Safin.

Feliciano tendrá que señalar como culpable de su derrota una cantidad muy elevada de errores no forzados, una faceta de su juego que le ha perseguido durante todo el torneo: 37 firmó contra el argentino Brian Dabul, a pesar de su victoria, 41 frente a Baghdatis y 33 contra Safin.

Pero sobre todo un bajón anímico provocado por una oportunidad perdida en el segundo set.

En el primero, Feliciano dominó con un buen saque y la paciencia necesaria para esperar el fallo del ruso, que sumaba errores no forzados en exceso. El primer cayó del lado del español por 6-3 en 34 minutos.

El segundo fue más parejo. Safin, que declaró que había comenzado "muy nervioso" su primera semifinal de Wimbledon, se templó. Dejó de ensañarse contra la hierba de la pista cada vez que perdía una bola y redujo su número de errores no forzados.

Con una rotura por parte de cada jugador, llegaron al 5-5 y 0-30 a favor del español, con servicio de Safin. Fue el momento de inflexión en el partido, al menos según el toledano.

"Al principio todo iba muy bien", explicó 'Feli'. "Controlaba en todo momento el partido hasta el 5-5 del segundo set. Tuve una oportunidad con el 0-30 de romper su saque. Me vi con el segundo set en la mano. Después de no poder conseguir eso me vine muy abajo. Y después ya no he creído en ningún momento en la victoria".

Feliciano cree que tras la ocasión perdida ya no fue el del comienzo. "Volví a los errores de la semana pasada, jugando de fondo. De derecha no me sentía nada cómodo. Es una oportunidad única la que he perdido. No es fácil que se vuelva a presentar pero espero que se vuelva a presentar otro año y espero estar más competitivo".

El partido se interrumpió a causa de la lluvia en la primera manga con un set a favor del español, que, sin embargo, considera que el parón no afectó a su juego.

Sin embargo, al otro lado de la pista Safin agradeció la lluvia para calmar sus nervios. "Al principio estaba muy nervioso porque (Feli) realmente me incomoda. He perdido con él cuatro veces. No me gusta jugar contra él porque te cambia el ritmo".

Lo cierto es que Safin supo aprovechar el bajón en el saque del toledano y rompió dos veces su servicio en el segundo set -por una de Feliciano- y tuvo más temple en el tercer set para hacerse con el desempate por un contundente 7-1.

En la cuarta manga, rompió el servicio del español en el tercer y en el quinto juego. Feliciano puso algo de tensión al devolverle una de las roturas, pero ni siquiera ahí considera que tuvo opciones de darle la vuelta al partido. Anímicamente abajo, Feli afirmó que, aunque hubiera ganado su saque, Safin habría vuelto a sacar para llevarse el choque. Y ni siquiera pudo forzarlo.

"Ahora es difícil valorar el torneo. En unos cuartos de Wimbledon con un set arriba da mucha rabia", explicó López.

Feli se despidió con coherencia. Esgrimió el arma que le ha llevado a liderar la clasificación de mejores 'sacadores' del torneo y se jugó un segundo saque fuerte. Sin embargo, el saque ya no estaba afilado.

La bola golpeó fuera de la línea y dio la victoria a Safin, que venció por 3-6, 7-5, 7-6 (1) y 6-3, en 2 horas y 39 minutos de partido.

Safin se enfrentará en semifinales al suizo Roger Federer, pentacampeón de Wimbledon, con el que tiene un saldo negativo de 2 victorias y 8 derrotas.

En sala de prensa le preguntaron si cree que podría superar al pentacampeón. Safin, tan gráfico como siempre, puso un ejemplo de cómo se le puede ganar a Federer: "Necesitas ser Nadal y correr por toda la pista como un conejo y no parar de encadenar bolas ganadoras".

Old 07-07-2008, 04:12 AM   #24
country flag Tzar

Tzar has a reputation beyond reputeTzar has a reputation beyond reputeTzar has a reputation beyond reputeTzar has a reputation beyond reputeTzar has a reputation beyond reputeTzar has a reputation beyond reputeTzar has a reputation beyond reputeTzar has a reputation beyond reputeTzar has a reputation beyond reputeTzar has a reputation beyond reputeTzar has a reputation beyond repute

feel pissed lalo should be in olympics.

TennisTipping - 2011 COMEBACK.
Doubles: 15.
W: Los Angeles 09', Kuala Lumpur 09', Basel 09', Houston 10', Memphis 11', Belgrade 11'
Tzar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote