Clubs are for Richboys - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-22-2008, 05:34 PM   #1
country flag dunlopkickserve

dunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond repute
Default Clubs are for Richboys

I live in a realatively poor town in the northeast. There is a tennis club a few miles away from my house which the high income players use. My friends and i cannot stand the stuck-up punks that go there and think that they are better because they have coaches and can afford to pay for court time. But, when people learn that i play tennis they automatically assume that i am the stereotypical player. (sweatervests, richboy, wuss)
does anyone else have ppl that play at clubs that are punks and ruins their image?
dunlopkickserve is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-07-2008, 07:32 PM   #2
country flag FootWork

FootWork has a reputation beyond reputeFootWork has a reputation beyond reputeFootWork has a reputation beyond reputeFootWork has a reputation beyond reputeFootWork has a reputation beyond reputeFootWork has a reputation beyond reputeFootWork has a reputation beyond reputeFootWork has a reputation beyond reputeFootWork has a reputation beyond reputeFootWork has a reputation beyond reputeFootWork has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Clubs are for Richboys

Quote:
Originally Posted by azza View Post
u fail at life.
dunlopkickserve, i'm sorry, but it's true. the stuck up rich kid punks (or whatever you called them) that have money and play at clubs with professional tennis coaches, are going to be better than you. its a sad truth that the more money you can afford to spend on yourself playing tennis, the better you will get.

i know that wasn't really your point, but i wanted to say it anyway, the majority of tennis players i've met are great people, but there are a lot of tennis players, and a lot of them fit your description, so all i can tell you is to be the example, and to be mature. which is to ignore them, and focus on your own game, and represent tennis to the world in the fashion that YOU think is appropriate, not anyone else.

and keep in mind, all this is coming from a not run of the mill tennis player. i'll post a picture of myself in a minute, but i listen to gangster rap music, i rollerblade (aggressive inline, holla back) and i play halo 3 in MLG (competitive gaming) i'm also planning on majoring in aviation next fall.
so all in all,
there is no average tennis player. just kids who like tennis.

Last edited by bad gambler : 07-25-2008 at 05:02 AM.
FootWork is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 07:36 PM   #3
country flag FootWork

FootWork has a reputation beyond reputeFootWork has a reputation beyond reputeFootWork has a reputation beyond reputeFootWork has a reputation beyond reputeFootWork has a reputation beyond reputeFootWork has a reputation beyond reputeFootWork has a reputation beyond reputeFootWork has a reputation beyond reputeFootWork has a reputation beyond reputeFootWork has a reputation beyond reputeFootWork has a reputation beyond repute

FootWork is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 04:32 AM   #4
country flag HKz
Hakeem

HKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond repute

I have a private coach and I'm not a stuck up douche bag, but the other top players in my region are a bunch of stuck up people too. There are a few cool ones, but most of them are really pathetic. They'll get pissed off if you don't appologize to them if you win a point from a lucky bounce off the net, they get mad if you take too long during your serves, etc. And for high school matches, I really hate going to the rich schools because the majority of those teams are like that. But it is a lot of fun beating them because they start complaining and telling their friends/teammates that they weren't playing well and that if they were, they could have beaten me 6-0 6-0.

Best thing to do to not be stereotyped is just act like yourself on and off the court. That is what I do and I have never been profiled.
HKz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 02:54 AM   #5
country flag Aerion

Aerion has a reputation beyond reputeAerion has a reputation beyond reputeAerion has a reputation beyond reputeAerion has a reputation beyond reputeAerion has a reputation beyond reputeAerion has a reputation beyond reputeAerion has a reputation beyond reputeAerion has a reputation beyond reputeAerion has a reputation beyond reputeAerion has a reputation beyond reputeAerion has a reputation beyond repute
Red face Re: Clubs are for Richboys

People with money can afford clubs. It's a fact of life. They have the time and money. But you can play USTA and not be rich if you can find an alternative (non-club) team. That's where I've played. Just pay USTA membership and plan on traveling to other clubs.
Aerion is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 12:28 AM   #6
country flag fast_clay

fast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunlopkickserve View Post
I live in a realatively poor town in the northeast. There is a tennis club a few miles away from my house which the high income players use. My friends and i cannot stand the stuck-up punks that go there and think that they are better because they have coaches and can afford to pay for court time. But, when people learn that i play tennis they automatically assume that i am the stereotypical player. (sweatervests, richboy, wuss)
does anyone else have ppl that play at clubs that are punks and ruins their image?

rich punks n b!tches are necessary for the rest of the tennis fraternity to look good... they are essential for the resepcted tennis player as they embody everything that is poor and shallow about the sport... preoccupied with image, i have once seen a comb fall out of a pocket of a rich guy who went to produce the ball for the second serve... i waited a moment for the mirror to drop out as well... but, it didnt happen...

mate... i grew up in Bumfuck, Nowhere... a town of 3000 people... 8 clay public courts... 6 private (4clay/2carpet)... i never was coached, and either was my bro... but, the year i was 16 and my bro was 13, we went on unbeaten runs in our region of 12 months and 18 months respectively in our age group...

the formula...?

quality of hour... not quantity of hour... 5 minutes watching a video, reading instruction or generally being inspired by something... then practising for 25mins solid with a maximum number of balls hit IS FAR SUPERIOR to p!ssfarting around for 3 hours with no direction...

now... if you can committ to 3 hours of quality filled work a day 6 days a week... you are in business sunshine...

the more balls you hit... within that hour.. and... with a goal... the better you get... AND... dont try to be good at everything at once... be fukking excellent at one thing at a time... build a giant strength... something that appeals to you... a style that you like...

lastly... be match tough...

tennis is full of fukheads and egos... but, i never heard of an ego winning a match... however, i have heard of a players with a large presence winning a match... dont dodge a challenge... take it... and destroy... or... be destroyed... dont be afraid to make a challenge either...

in the end i left tennis the year after to follow rugby and alcohol, cos i while i didnt love rugby as much as tennis (and, in fact, i despised the snobby, upper crust aussie rugby crowd more than any crew in days since - c*nts), the chance of playing it professionally was greater... my brother followed suit, but instead he picked up a bass guitar and a joint...

poor decisions...? perhaps...

but i still ended up travelling the world with tennis...

yes... tennis is full of pussys... but, some say thats every sport...

Last edited by fast_clay : 07-04-2008 at 12:47 AM.
fast_clay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote