Grass Season 2008 - Page 8 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-28-2008, 03:35 PM   #106
country flag Truc

Truc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Grass Season 2008

Great, we'll enjoy one more set of beautiful tennis!

It's deserved. Ritchie is so bad that he didn't deserve to win that set. I know Gilles doesn't deserve it either since he was even worse, but never mind.
Truc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-28-2008, 03:37 PM   #107
country flag Brego

Brego has a reputation beyond reputeBrego has a reputation beyond reputeBrego has a reputation beyond reputeBrego has a reputation beyond reputeBrego has a reputation beyond reputeBrego has a reputation beyond reputeBrego has a reputation beyond reputeBrego has a reputation beyond reputeBrego has a reputation beyond reputeBrego has a reputation beyond reputeBrego has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renaud View Post
Thanks for that! Gilles takes the 3rd set.
Brego is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 03:40 PM   #108
country flag Truc

Truc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, the first set Gilles Simon ever wins against Richard Gasquet, let's celebrate.

Are you starting to watch now, brego? Please don't move away from your computer, you seem to be Gilles' lucky charm.
You didn't miss much.
Old 06-28-2008, 03:44 PM   #109
country flag jitterbug

jitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond repute

I'm his jinx, apparently I'll stick with Muzza - he seems immune to me so far.

The importance of being Ernests Riga Mortis

Ernests Gulbis on seeing HEAD racquets being made by hand:
Quote:
I felt so bad. I didn’t break a racquet for like one month. They are putting so much effort to make the racquets and an idiot like me goes and breaks them
jitterbug is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 03:52 PM   #110
country flag Truc

Muzza is on my TV too and a tad better than our two Frenchies!

Grrrr, I closed the stream by mistake and now it isn't working anymore. It was working well. Poor quality, but it was working smoothly.

Gilles already hit 4 aces?! I missed all of them.

My stream is back.
Old 06-28-2008, 03:58 PM   #111
country flag Puschkin

Puschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond repute

OMG, Richou and Gilles, you can't do this to Truc and me.

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

un pour tous, tous pour un
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
Puschkin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 03:59 PM   #112
country flag jitterbug

jitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond repute

I like both of them and even I'm scared away

Quote:
I felt so bad. I didn’t break a racquet for like one month. They are putting so much effort to make the racquets and an idiot like me goes and breaks them
Old 06-28-2008, 04:06 PM   #113
country flag Truc

Sadly, I think this beautiful match won't last long anymore after Ritchie's amazing rebreak.

It's unbelievable to be as bad at the net as Gilles. And that's his usual level. He's clearly underperforming on serve, but not at the net, he really can't volley at all, even in training.
Old 06-28-2008, 04:07 PM   #114
country flag Brego

Brego has a reputation beyond reputeBrego has a reputation beyond reputeBrego has a reputation beyond reputeBrego has a reputation beyond reputeBrego has a reputation beyond reputeBrego has a reputation beyond reputeBrego has a reputation beyond reputeBrego has a reputation beyond reputeBrego has a reputation beyond reputeBrego has a reputation beyond reputeBrego has a reputation beyond repute

I had to leave my computer.

Gilles is starting to look tired.
Old 06-28-2008, 04:11 PM   #115
country flag Truc

I knew it.
Never a good idea to come to the net on BP, Gilles.
Old 06-28-2008, 04:13 PM   #116
country flag jitterbug

Bye Gilles

Quote:
Old 06-28-2008, 04:17 PM   #117
country flag Brego

Poor Gilles.

Well I'm glad for Gasquet. He needed the win more then Gilles.
At least Gilles took a set off of him.

Last edited by Brego : 06-28-2008 at 04:39 PM.
Old 06-28-2008, 06:13 PM   #118
country flag Truc

Well, it's not a major disappointment since he can't go far on grass without a decent netgame anyway, I know that. I was expecting him to lose.

But I can't be happy about that one set won since it was a non-match from him during 2 sets. And there was room for more with Richie playing so poorly.
I'm really glad he kept fighting in the 3rd set, though. It's not a given with him when he's putting on a bad performance, we've seen him completely go down with an embarrassing scoreline in that situation.
Old 06-28-2008, 06:29 PM   #119
country flag Truc

http://www.lequipe.fr/Tennis/breves2...tions_Dev.html
"I was nervous at the beginning, tense. The match became more even when I broke back at 5-1 in the 1st set. It was a match with many chances and way too many regrets... I lost the 2nd set 6-3 after having broken twice... it's not acceptable. A couple of silly mistakes cost me the match in the end. There are some encouraging things, but what remain are the regrets because I have the feeling I could have done much better. The problem with Richard isn't that he returns very, very well, it's that he returns all the time. There are no free points with him."

Ritchie's statements are funny, full of praise after such a match. He means Gilles makes the opponent play poorly, which is true in general, but I don't think it was the only point today!
Old 06-28-2008, 06:59 PM   #120
country flag Truc

And in his audio interview, he says he was nervous, but not because of Richard. He has played 4 Frenchies in a row in Casa and he's starting to get used to it. It was more the importance of the event, a new court, he was trying to find his bearings.
He doesn't think he got tight in the games when Richard broke back, it was more a question of concentration lapses and silly mistakes in his opinion.