Babolat pure drive - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-22-2008, 02:02 PM   #61
country flag goldenboy_oscar

goldenboy_oscar has a reputation beyond reputegoldenboy_oscar has a reputation beyond reputegoldenboy_oscar has a reputation beyond reputegoldenboy_oscar has a reputation beyond reputegoldenboy_oscar has a reputation beyond reputegoldenboy_oscar has a reputation beyond reputegoldenboy_oscar has a reputation beyond reputegoldenboy_oscar has a reputation beyond reputegoldenboy_oscar has a reputation beyond reputegoldenboy_oscar has a reputation beyond reputegoldenboy_oscar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Babolat pure drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazar View Post
babolat rackets have as much feel as a plank of wood. pretty much all their rackets are the same. they have no decent technology in them. they are good to use if you want to stand at the back of the court and spank the ball as hard as possible and do nothing else.

and btw, do you know why they are the number 2 brand? its because they are cheap, not because they are good
I live in Canada and babolat rackets are about the same price as other brands like wilson,so i dont get it when you say they are cheap???I have an babolat aero pro and its the best racket i have had so far.My friend just bought the wilson 6.2 and i played with both rackets a few times and i think both rackets are good.Maybe you are a sales person for wilson lol
goldenboy_oscar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-22-2008, 05:41 PM   #62
country flag jazar

jazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenboy_oscar View Post
Maybe you are a sales person for wilson lol
i have no affiliation with any racket manufacturer. i work in a store that sells all the major racket brands and i sell people the racket i think is right for them, even if it is a shitty babolat
jazar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 09:52 AM   #63
country flag gaz

gaz has a reputation beyond reputegaz has a reputation beyond reputegaz has a reputation beyond reputegaz has a reputation beyond reputegaz has a reputation beyond reputegaz has a reputation beyond reputegaz has a reputation beyond reputegaz has a reputation beyond reputegaz has a reputation beyond reputegaz has a reputation beyond reputegaz has a reputation beyond repute

why do you have this thing against babolat?

i personally dont like wilsons and never have done but doesnt make them bad rackets
gaz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 09:11 PM   #64
country flag jazar

jazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaz View Post
why do you have this thing against babolat?

i personally dont like wilsons and never have done but doesnt make them bad rackets
every single babolat i have hit with, with the exception of the aero storm, has played just like a piece of wood. they are indescribably horrible and useless.

its jsut their rackets i'm against. they make very good string
Old 06-24-2008, 07:36 AM   #65
country flag GustavoM_Fan

GustavoM_Fan has a reputation beyond reputeGustavoM_Fan has a reputation beyond reputeGustavoM_Fan has a reputation beyond reputeGustavoM_Fan has a reputation beyond reputeGustavoM_Fan has a reputation beyond reputeGustavoM_Fan has a reputation beyond reputeGustavoM_Fan has a reputation beyond reputeGustavoM_Fan has a reputation beyond reputeGustavoM_Fan has a reputation beyond reputeGustavoM_Fan has a reputation beyond reputeGustavoM_Fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazar View Post
i have no affiliation with any racket manufacturer. i work in a store that sells all the major racket brands and i sell people the racket i think is right for them, even if it is a shitty babolat
to what people u sell a shitty babolat ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kostas kastoria View Post
HELlas ole ole
thanks felip for your help.i m priciate u friend

Last edited by GustavoM_Fan : 06-24-2008 at 07:44 AM.
GustavoM_Fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 09:26 PM   #66
country flag GlennMirnyi
Banned!

GlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GustavoM_Fan View Post
to what people u sell a shitty babolat ?
Gaz seems to be a major buyer.
GlennMirnyi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 09:43 PM   #67
country flag gindyo

gindyo has a reputation beyond reputegindyo has a reputation beyond reputegindyo has a reputation beyond reputegindyo has a reputation beyond reputegindyo has a reputation beyond reputegindyo has a reputation beyond reputegindyo has a reputation beyond reputegindyo has a reputation beyond reputegindyo has a reputation beyond reputegindyo has a reputation beyond reputegindyo has a reputation beyond repute

I had the babolat pure drive and I loved the way it played from the first time I hit with it. I could put plenty of spin on the ball and had pretty good control. there are very few racquets I have liked from the first time I have hit with them. So I fell in love with the babolat. And here comes the bad part. Those raquets are so fragile that its not even funny. I have been stringing my own raquets for about 10 years now. And I have never broken a raquet while stringing it. Well that changed with one of my friend's babolats. I thought it broke because it was kind of old and it might have had pre-existing crack. So I bought myself 2 brand new babolat pure drives and guess what, I didn't even get the chance to hit with one of them, it broke on the machine again. I admit that my machine was a crappy one and I changed it after that incident, but I had had it for about 2 years and I had used it with a bunch of different raquets at higher tensions then the one which broke the two babolats, and never had a problem. So I replaced my stringing machine, and have been stringing the one babolat I have left on it at the minimum tension recommended.The frame is still holding up, but another problem appeared - the grommets. It looks like couple of them are broken and the string touches the frame which causes the string to brake at that spot. after having that happening twice (the last time the string had only 15 minutes play on it) I gave up and retired the pure drive. And now I am back to my old favourite HEAD CLASSIC. Another problem with the raquet is the string guard at the tip. It is very shallow and at certain points the string is very poorly protected from touching the court.
gindyo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 11:57 PM   #68
country flag goldenboy_oscar

goldenboy_oscar has a reputation beyond reputegoldenboy_oscar has a reputation beyond reputegoldenboy_oscar has a reputation beyond reputegoldenboy_oscar has a reputation beyond reputegoldenboy_oscar has a reputation beyond reputegoldenboy_oscar has a reputation beyond reputegoldenboy_oscar has a reputation beyond reputegoldenboy_oscar has a reputation beyond reputegoldenboy_oscar has a reputation beyond reputegoldenboy_oscar has a reputation beyond reputegoldenboy_oscar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gindyo View Post
I had the babolat pure drive and I loved the way it played from the first time I hit with it. I could put plenty of spin on the ball and had pretty good control. there are very few racquets I have liked from the first time I have hit with them. So I fell in love with the babolat. And here comes the bad part. Those raquets are so fragile that its not even funny. I have been stringing my own raquets for about 10 years now. And I have never broken a raquet while stringing it. Well that changed with one of my friend's babolats. I thought it broke because it was kind of old and it might have had pre-existing crack. So I bought myself 2 brand new babolat pure drives and guess what, I didn't even get the chance to hit with one of them, it broke on the machine again. I admit that my machine was a crappy one and I changed it after that incident, but I had had it for about 2 years and I had used it with a bunch of different raquets at higher tensions then the one which broke the two babolats, and never had a problem. So I replaced my stringing machine, and have been stringing the one babolat I have left on it at the minimum tension recommended.The frame is still holding up, but another problem appeared - the grommets. It looks like couple of them are broken and the string touches the frame which causes the string to brake at that spot. after having that happening twice (the last time the string had only 15 minutes play on it) I gave up and retired the pure drive. And now I am back to my old favourite HEAD CLASSIC. Another problem with the raquet is the string guard at the tip. It is very shallow and at certain points the string is very poorly protected from touching the court.
I dont want to be a smart ass or anything but maybe you dont know how to string racket because my babolat as been strung twice this year and with no problem even the guy that strung it for me he told me that these are solid racket and we put the tension up to 67 if i wanted too.
goldenboy_oscar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 01:44 AM   #69
country flag ThizServe

ThizServe has a reputation beyond reputeThizServe has a reputation beyond reputeThizServe has a reputation beyond reputeThizServe has a reputation beyond reputeThizServe has a reputation beyond reputeThizServe has a reputation beyond reputeThizServe has a reputation beyond reputeThizServe has a reputation beyond reputeThizServe has a reputation beyond reputeThizServe has a reputation beyond reputeThizServe has a reputation beyond repute

i believe babolats are decent racquets. i have a babolat aerostrom myself and i love it.
never tried the pure drive so i dont have an opinion about it.

jazar is right about the fact that the aerostorm is an excellent racquet though
Old 06-26-2008, 07:39 AM   #70
country flag jazar

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenboy_oscar View Post
I dont want to be a smart ass or anything but maybe you dont know how to string racket because my babolat as been strung twice this year and with no problem even the guy that strung it for me he told me that these are solid racket and we put the tension up to 67 if i wanted too.
you must have gotten lucky then. i have heard many stories of babolats, particularly pure drives and pure drive roddicks, cracking when being strung at higher tensions, even at tensions still within the recommended range
Old 06-26-2008, 11:00 AM   #71
country flag gaz

gaz has a reputation beyond reputegaz has a reputation beyond reputegaz has a reputation beyond reputegaz has a reputation beyond reputegaz has a reputation beyond reputegaz has a reputation beyond reputegaz has a reputation beyond reputegaz has a reputation beyond reputegaz has a reputation beyond reputegaz has a reputation beyond reputegaz has a reputation beyond repute

i bought the pure drive about 4 years ago and they would both be strung at least once a week and always above 65 and never cracked in my machine
grommets are a problem in most rackets and you replace a grommet strip which can take a bit longer in the bab's due ti the unique design but only take between 5 and 15 mins once you have done a few

remember if you are stiringing at high tensions make sure it stays even on bith sides and when doing mains and start crosses from the top
gaz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote