Article thread on GM? - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-04-2008, 01:59 AM   #1
country flag tennizen

tennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Article thread on GM?

I would like to open a new articles thread on GM where articles of general interest can be posted instead of opening new threads for each article.
This is detachment -- 
when the old is over and the new has not yet come. 
If you are afraid, the state may be distressing, 
but there is really nothing to be afraid of. 
Remember the instruction: 
Whatever you come across -- go beyond.”
tennizen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-04-2008, 02:06 PM   #2
country flag jayjay

jayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Article thread on GM?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennizen View Post
I would like to open a new articles thread on GM where articles of general interest can be posted instead of opening new threads for each article.
That's going to be one very messy thread with countless different discussions going on at the same time. It would also increase the likelihood of people missing out on an article that may have been of interest to them.

Posting new article threads is good for GM because it bumps out of the way one of the many completely pointless/repetitive threads that reside in there.
jayjay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 06:57 PM   #3
country flag tennizen

tennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond repute

I have been hesitant to open article threads before because sometimes it seems like waste of a thread. If I am sure tha t people don't mind article threads, I can stick to that.
This is detachment -- 
when the old is over and the new has not yet come. 
If you are afraid, the state may be distressing, 
but there is really nothing to be afraid of. 
Remember the instruction: 
Whatever you come across -- go beyond.”
tennizen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 09:18 PM   #4
country flag jayjay

jayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I have been hesitant to open article threads before because sometimes it seems like waste of a thread. If I am sure tha t people don't mind article threads, I can stick to that.
I don't know about others, but personally, I enjoy article threads the most of any other. Often the article is of interest to read and at times it generates good discussion amongst members.

I see what you mean about not wanting to open countless threads given the volume of articles out there, but I think there are lots of threads in GM that could be done away with long before ones that actually have some worthwhile material in them.

For example, currently in GM we have "Monfils the next great Spartan", "who is faster - monfils or nadal?", "Monfils future" and a couple of other Monfils threads that are not result threads. So I'm sure a couple of those could be merged, like Monfils Spartan and Monfils Future before you would have to worry about cluttering the forum with the odd article thread.

As long as the article isn't "What's next for Monfils?".

Or any other <insert player> bandwagon of the time.
jayjay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 10:41 PM   #5
bad gambler

Agree with JJ that having one thread devoted solely to articles would make it too disjointed should any discussion follow from it.

Quote:
I know GWH posts quite a few articles about a variety of players and personally I like reading them, I'm sure many others are in the same boat.
View My Blog!   Reply With Quote