ad court serving - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-28-2008, 05:27 PM   #1
country flag dunlopkickserve

dunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond repute
Default ad court serving

I use a (right handed) kick serve in the deuce court to swing my opponents wide and get into net to volley most points. However I have no idea what to do in the ad court. Usually I just use a slider up the T to try for a service winner. Any other ideas/tips for a good ad court serve?
dunlopkickserve is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-28-2008, 10:58 PM   #2
country flag Bernard Black

Bernard Black has a reputation beyond reputeBernard Black has a reputation beyond reputeBernard Black has a reputation beyond reputeBernard Black has a reputation beyond reputeBernard Black has a reputation beyond reputeBernard Black has a reputation beyond reputeBernard Black has a reputation beyond reputeBernard Black has a reputation beyond reputeBernard Black has a reputation beyond reputeBernard Black has a reputation beyond reputeBernard Black has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ad court serving

- Kicker out wide is a good serve to master. The topspin can bring it down over the high part of the net for a great angle.

- Slice serve into the body

- If your serve is big enough, perhaps go for the big flat serve into the corner of the service box, almost hit it inside out so you impart no spin and just out and out power. This is the bread and butter serve for players like Roddick, but I've very rarely seen it mastered at amateur level.
Bernard Black is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 12:09 AM   #3
country flag StevoTG

StevoTG has a reputation beyond reputeStevoTG has a reputation beyond reputeStevoTG has a reputation beyond reputeStevoTG has a reputation beyond reputeStevoTG has a reputation beyond reputeStevoTG has a reputation beyond reputeStevoTG has a reputation beyond reputeStevoTG has a reputation beyond reputeStevoTG has a reputation beyond reputeStevoTG has a reputation beyond reputeStevoTG has a reputation beyond repute

I usually either go flat or slice down the T ad throw in the odd body serve.. but to back up TitusZidane's point
Quote:
Originally Posted by TidusZidane View Post
- If your serve is big enough, perhaps go for the big flat serve into the corner of the service box, almost hit it inside out so you impart no spin and just out and out power. This is the bread and butter serve for players like Roddick, but I've very rarely seen it mastered at amateur level.
... If it can be mastered this is obviously a great weapon. Although I've been able to do this sometimes in practice I've only managed it once in a match which I lost 6-3 3-6 2-6 - it was one of my worst serving days and I hadn't hit a single unreturnable serve all day, when I was down match-point for the second time I just blasted the ball as hard as I could (with plenty of anger), I hit it exactly as TitusZidane described it and the ball bounced up off the court, over the 10 foot high fence and away - it did clip the top of the fence first... I'm not superman.
This would probably take a lot of hours (pro-hours) to perfect so anyone who isn't a pro will either need to be very dedicated or very gifted to do this.

The kicker would probably be your best bet.

Last edited by StevoTG : 05-29-2008 at 12:14 AM.
StevoTG is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 02:18 PM   #4
country flag dunlopkickserve

dunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TidusZidane View Post

I can't really flat serve consistently, but I did use less spin and went down the T in the ad court n I had 2 ad court aces and a few service winners in my last set so ur idea worked pretty well
dunlopkickserve is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote