~°~Nicolas Devilder~°~ - Page 14 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-30-2008, 10:06 AM   #196
country flag Ome

Ome has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ~°~Nicolas Devilder~°~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Via View Post

(i don't know anything about that personally. i used to play with a... umm one-handed backhand! haha)

anyway jokes aside, i must say that nico gave everything in that first set yesterday but rafa was a class above him
It was a great first set, a few missed chances. Anyway, I love the fact that he has the ability to finish the point off at the net!!

A few more pictures...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 11.jpg (54.1 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg 12.jpg (23.9 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg 13.jpg (39.4 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg 14.jpg (42.8 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg 15.jpg (35.8 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg 16.jpg (35.5 KB, 6 views)
Advertisement

Old 05-30-2008, 10:10 AM   #197
country flag Peta Pan
Same as it ever was

Peta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ome View Post
I fell in love yesterday! And I can't get enough of his hair!!!

He played really well in the first set! Such a shame how it went down
Ahh the hair To me he has Mahut hair but is about 300 times better looking!

Quote:
Hmmm, it helped me generating more pace on the BH side... especially when the ball bounced high above the net. I don't know about the injury, but it sure helps a shorty like me And one more thing, it scares the player on the other side of the court!

I'm an obsessed fan
I don't play tennis at all so I can't comment personally, but it does look like it's a good way to generate pace and it looks very imposing and exciting!
Quote:

(i don't know anything about that personally. i used to play with a... umm one-handed backhand! haha)

anyway jokes aside, i must say that nico gave everything in that first set yesterday but rafa was a class above him
I usually melt watching players with a gorgeous one-handed backhand, but Nico's double-handed jump I found delightful too

It was a real shame that he lost that chance he had in the 1st set. He had 1 (or 2) set points too! No doubt Nadal would still have won, but it would have been wonderful for Nicolas to take a set off him!
Peta Pan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 09:46 PM   #198
country flag Hangdog

Hangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond repute

The last time this thread was so active was when Nico squeezed into the quarters of that RR tournament

BTW, a news of the day: Devilder/Patience def Gicquel/Santoro 7/6(2) 7/6(7)

And now it seems that I'm going to find out how many posts I may quote at one time
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulipe View Post
He looks so nice on that photos...I don't know which image suits him better, the devil one "I'm a bad guy and I'm playing mafia with sunglasses" as I know him from Ostrava, or this "I'm your sweetheart, kiss me good-night and tell me a fairy tale or I will have bad dreams"
Indeed not an easy choice! Both suit him quite well =)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truc View Post
(I don’t know why they say that Nadal actually does know who he is – ‘lire par ailleurs’ – because I didn’t find anything else in today's issue.)
I like the story when Safin asks him what he’s been doing since he has retired.
A day before there was an interview with Nadal, though I don't remember where exactly, maybe even not in l'Equipe, where Rafa was asked whether he knows his next rival. And Rafa was like "Devilder, no? I've seen a bit of his play, one more lefty. It's going to be not too easy."
They also discussed that story about Safin in "Tennis Club" lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truc View Post
He's such a star, another long report about him in "Un jour à Roland" yesterday:
http://roland-garros.france2.fr/inde...id_article=118

And "Escudé retrouve Devilder" is quite cute too (the reaction of Escudé after his first round win):
http://video.eurosport.fr/tennis/rol...15/video.shtml
Yeah, looks like he's been one of the most popular French players for a couple of days! I don't know how you all manage to follow more popular guys! It's more normal when I open Google Actualités and it says there have been no articles about Devilder in the last 30 days. And when there are over 500 articles only there... That's scaring!! lol
So one more time thanks for all the articles and links!

And I have a little question. Here is Nico's post match interview: http://roland-garros.france3.fr/inde...id_article=656, could you tell me, please, what were Toni Nadal's words they mention? My "perfect" French doesn't really help me to get that part
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peta Pan View Post
Oh my, he has a thread here I saw him for the first time against Nadal yesterday and was instantly
Great news! So nice to have more people here =)
Quote:
I fell in love yesterday! And I can't get enough of his hair!!!
Actually I think if I wasn't "his expert" (lol) already I'd surely fall in love as well after this match! Such a nice altitude and the ways he's started and finished the match were just awesome I think it's better to have a match against Nadal like this one at Lenglen rather than get a less tough opponent, maybe go through one more round, but never enjoy that atmosphere of the centre court. And I like Nico's phrase that the moment of stepping into that court is really exciting and thanks to the rain he's got a chance to enjoy it twice lol

And as always thanks for the pictures! Though photographers did not a really good job this time, couldn't they catch his smile?
Quote:
i can't even remember what colours arnaud's been wearing
LOL I've even never been trying to remember such things!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peta Pan View Post
Ahh the hair To me he has Mahut hair but is about 300 times better looking!

It was a real shame that he lost that chance he had in the 1st set. He had 1 (or 2) set points too! No doubt Nadal would still have won, but it would have been wonderful for Nicolas to take a set off him!
Mahut hair?! Maybe the hair style is a little bit similar, but that's all. Have you ever seen him with long blonde hair?

Actually he's only got one chance to make a break at 4-4 and then serve for the match but he's missed it. And that made me thinking that if change RG format to best-of-1-set there would be better chances for a Frenchman to finally win it

Nicolas Devilder

Hangdog is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 11:21 PM   #199
country flag Marine

Marine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond repute

In french , Irina...Toni Nadal a dit que ce point (balle de break à 4/4) a beaucoup compté pour l'issue (la fin) du 1er set.
Certainement qu'il voulait dire que son point a été déterminant. Il a trop pensé à cette balle manquée.

Guy Forget
Marine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 12:03 PM   #200
country flag Peta Pan
Same as it ever was

Peta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hangdog View Post
Mahut hair?! Maybe the hair style is a little bit similar, but that's all. Have you ever seen him with long blonde hair?
Yes I saw him with the long blonde hair in pictures... but I have a severe dislike for long hair so I MUCH prefer it now

It was weird though, because when I first turned on the TV for this match I only saw the hair and thought "oh Nadal is playing Mahut"... then I thought "wait, Mahut was already beaten yesterday " and then Nico turned around
and I was thinking Who is this handsome looking guy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hangdog
Actually he's only got one chance to make a break at 4-4 and then serve for the match but he's missed it. And that made me thinking that if change RG format to best-of-1-set there would be better chances for a Frenchman to finally win it
Ahh that was it. I got confused with the scoreline

Still, I was pleased for him that he put so much pressure on Nadal for the set.
Peta Pan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 03:16 AM   #201
country flag Via

Via has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I think it's better to have a match against Nadal like this one at Lenglen rather than get a less tough opponent, maybe go through one more round, but never enjoy that atmosphere of the centre court. And I like Nico's phrase that the moment of stepping into that court is really exciting and thanks to the rain he's got a chance to enjoy it twice lol
that's so true. knowing how nico has been trying to qualify so many times at slams, it's so rewarding for him to succeed in making two rounds in his home slam, and playing centre court no less. here's a guy who appreciates the little bright side that he's got!

Quote:
but still not a win even with this format and you know i'm not just referring to nico.

btw peta for your interest! last year (2007) i watched the two nicos (the other one with similar hair as you think) in melbourne at a practice... afterwards i called out for 'nico' to sign my hat. and guess who responded? not the one you think. this nico was so modest, he never thought anyone would want his autograph lol
Via is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 07:55 PM   #202
country flag Hangdog

Hangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine View Post
In french , Irina...Toni Nadal a dit que ce point (balle de break à 4/4) a beaucoup compté pour l'issue (la fin) du 1er set.
Certainement qu'il voulait dire que son point a été déterminant. Il a trop pensé à cette balle manquée.
Merci Marine, I've just thought it might be something more important because during the match the journalist (forgot his name) spent quite a while talking to Toni Nadal.

Some news about Nicolas.
He is 128th this week (+20) On June 3rd Nico as well as other guys like Seb, Paulo, Micka, Gilles etc. took part in that famous football match at Parc des Princes. Nico's team lost 6-7 lol More details: video, photo.

Also there was a nice interview with Nicolas (http://www.sudouest.com/300508/reg_l...8aP2502115.xml).
He told that he joined Lagardère Team and began regularly playing ATP tournaments just a couple of years ago so he is still very fresh and motivated, and he hopes to play tennis at the highest level for a few more years. He prefers not thinking about what he's going to do after finishing his carrier but probably it'll be something about tennis, about sports for sure. And he thinks he'll move back to Landes (where his parents live) as he believes that region, South West of France, is so wonderful and has nothing to do with Paris

Next week he plays a Challenger in Kosice where he won in 2006

Nicolas Devilder

Old 06-05-2008, 08:19 PM   #203
country flag Marine

Marine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond repute

How to compare Les Landes with Paris ?? Countryside and big Town...

Guy Forget
Old 06-05-2008, 08:28 PM   #204
country flag Hangdog

Not that I have something against Paris but countryside rules
Nico must be the same person as me who prefers nice lovely silent places to big noisy crowded cities

Nicolas Devilder

Old 06-06-2008, 01:58 AM   #205
country flag Via

Via has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond repute

irina isn't going to tell fans here on mtf, that nico has left a message on her blog to thank her for all her efforts! (and all the love too ) she's too modest i think! but i need not be modest for her, so here's the link

http://nicolasdevilder.skyrock.com/1...comment_1.html

Via is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 05:20 AM   #206
country flag Ome

Ome has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond repute

I love Nico and Irina more and more each day!
Old 06-07-2008, 11:46 PM   #207
country flag Tulipe

Tulipe has a reputation beyond reputeTulipe has a reputation beyond reputeTulipe has a reputation beyond reputeTulipe has a reputation beyond reputeTulipe has a reputation beyond reputeTulipe has a reputation beyond reputeTulipe has a reputation beyond reputeTulipe has a reputation beyond reputeTulipe has a reputation beyond reputeTulipe has a reputation beyond reputeTulipe has a reputation beyond repute

Irina is really too modest...we must squeeze her so she says something

Tomorrow the challenger in Kosice starts, Nicolas plays against Kamil Capkovic from Slovakia in the first round. Can't say I'm happy about that since I'm a fan of both...but may the best wins
Ruben Ramirez-Hidalgo is an intruiging player. A complete nobody who near the age of 30 worked himself up to be a competitive claycourter (2006-2007), beating Ferrer at RG, leading Federer 5-1 in the final set in Masters Series tournament.

His playing style is also of interest, he is the most technically pure moonballer on the tour
miles ahead of Nadal in esthetic terms, complete with a never-failing trademark grunt. A legend.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathaliia View Post
i sit on central court in the front row, turn my head back over whole stand and the vip lounge above and see RRHs moonballs from court #2
Tulipe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 07:18 PM   #208
country flag Hangdog

This thread surprises me more and more!

Via, thanks for your proclamation
You also think I should print it out and put into a frame? lol
Quote:

I love Nico and Irina more and more each day!
Ome Je t'adore!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulipe View Post
Irina is really too modest...we must squeeze her so she says something

Tomorrow the challenger in Kosice starts, Nicolas plays against Kamil Capkovic from Slovakia in the first round. Can't say I'm happy about that since I'm a fan of both...but may the best wins
Maria I promise I'll be working on it!
So can you tell us who is Kamil Capkovic anyway? He seems to be a tall guy with a good serve who prefers playing on hard

Nicolas Devilder

Old 06-08-2008, 07:59 PM   #209
country flag Marine

ahahah I even didn't know you have a blog about him, that's crazy, I know so many things about you, and not that ! LOL

Nice of him anyway ! What he said is cute.

Guy Forget
Old 06-08-2008, 08:07 PM   #210
country flag Hangdog

Never mind, Marine lol It's just for fun, nothing special!

Nicolas Devilder