So, my intro. - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-27-2008, 10:29 AM   #1
country flag BigJohn
Banned!

BigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Default So, my intro.

Hi there.

So, my intro.

I've been following tennis for a while now. I've been fortunate enough to see plenty of great players since my childhood. (I started really paying attention when Lendl was ruling the tour.)

I love GS tennis enough to watch the AO live, even on a weekday. Living in Montreal, this means a couple of weeks looking pretty much like a zombie. Totally worth it: this year because of Federer-Tipsarevic was a classic.

Agassi is, in my book, the greatest ever for winning all 4 majors on 4 different surfaces. I hope Federer will join him. Borg with his 3 RG-Wimbledon doubles is close behind.

I love the current era. Federer will probably end up with the most GS titles when he's done; Nadal will always be remembered as a clay magician even if his body breaks down tomorow. Roddick is my favorite player, he gives the best show on and off the courts.

The one guy I hate with a passion is the one that is so full of himself the he has a book titled "My First Grand Slam". The kid rubs me the wrong way. Hope his first GS was also his last.

Also, English is my second language, so please be kind if I sometimes do make any sense at all.

So, ŕ bientôt.
BigJohn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-27-2008, 02:41 PM   #2
country flag Denaon
Yes, I am

Denaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: So, my intro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn View Post
Hi there.

So, my intro.

I've been following tennis for a while now. I've been fortunate enough to see plenty of great players since my childhood. (I started really paying attention when Lendl was ruling the tour.)

I love GS tennis enough to watch the AO live, even on a weekday. Living in Montreal, this means a couple of weeks looking pretty much like a zombie. Totally worth it: this year because of Federer-Tipsarevic was a classic.

Agassi is, in my book, the greatest ever for winning all 4 majors on 4 different surfaces. I hope Federer will join him. Borg with his 3 RG-Wimbledon doubles is close behind.

I love the current era. Federer will probably end up with the most GS titles when he's done; Nadal will always be remembered as a clay magician even if his body breaks down tomorow. Roddick is my favorite player, he gives the best show on and off the courts.

The one guy I hate with a passion is the one that is so full of himself the he has a book titled "My First Grand Slam". The kid rubs me the wrong way. Hope his first GS was also his last.

Also, English is my second language, so please be kind if I sometimes do make any sense at all.

So, à bientôt.
Welcome then!!!

Now this is what I think an appropiate introduction should look like... learn newbies!!!

I hope you enjoy MTF as the rest do....see you around
Denaon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 10:26 AM   #3
bad gambler

Welcome, I attended the 2005 Montreal tournament and had a great time. Loved the city as well.

View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 06:53 PM   #4
country flag BigJohn
Banned!

BigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the nice official welcome in here Denaon and bad gambler. Thanks also to Leo, my first rep, and also P. Antonius, Bachelor Dandy, NYCtennisfan, Bremen, Manon, I♥PsY@Mus!c for the good vibes.

Also, hello to the people in the food thread who have been nice enough to acknowledge a newbie right from the start.

Hope to hear again from you all.

BigJohn
(I was going to sign with my initials, then I had second thoughts)
Old 06-09-2008, 09:51 PM   #5
country flag Fee

Fee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Big John! Great intro, thanks for taking the time. I think you are good for MTF and your English is just fine (I would never have known if you hadn't said anything, half the native speakers around here are worse ).

Yeah, don't sign with your initials.

@dougrobson - Whoever is supplying Mahut with hair gel needs to ink a sponsorship deal now.

@Wimbledon - FYI, with @Wimbledon live scoring devices, please add 50 to the games in the fifth set of the Isner v Mahut match.

@HolterMedia - Nice to see that a three-day test has come to tennis here @wimbledon.

Andy wearring Crocs, courtesy of Smitty8
Fee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 10:34 PM   #6
country flag scarecrows
Ace Loveforty

scarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond repute

welcome BigJohn

and great avatar (big RH fan here )

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerRafaFan View Post
That will be the last victory of Rafa for quite some time.. With his joke mentality and pathetic game, I hope the disgusting player loses every single match next season. He's disgraceful. He should just retire. He's a joke.
Quote:
Originally Posted by l_mac View Post
(10) Corey Feldman vs. (12) scarecrows
scarecrows is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 11:31 PM   #7
country flag BigJohn
Banned!

You are too kind Fee, and thanks scarecrows.

I just forgot to mention the people in the tatoo poll section. Good people too, but some appear to be voyeurs.

(yeah, I'm talking about you Louche. C'est trčs louche...)

I did not want to be rude.

See you!
Old 06-10-2008, 02:42 AM   #8
country flag Louche

Louche has a reputation beyond reputeLouche has a reputation beyond reputeLouche has a reputation beyond reputeLouche has a reputation beyond reputeLouche has a reputation beyond reputeLouche has a reputation beyond reputeLouche has a reputation beyond reputeLouche has a reputation beyond reputeLouche has a reputation beyond reputeLouche has a reputation beyond reputeLouche has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not that much of a voyeur. Just helpful.

I lived on Fullum near Parc LaFontaine, some time on St. Mathieu and more time on du Fort in the west many years ago. The Forum was still there. I moved a lot as well.

I'm an anglo, though. You probably guessed.

Nice to meet you.

Skin drawing

Old 06-10-2008, 08:39 AM   #9
country flag partygirl

partygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond repute

partygirl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 06:41 PM   #10
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome Big John!

Montreal is the city I like most after Calgary of course
Lee is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 12:01 AM   #11
country flag BigJohn
Banned!

Hi there Lee, I'll take Montreal over Calgary anyday thank you very much, but I'd gladly trade the Rockies for the Laurentides. Deal?

And partygirl, you said I should thank you, so thanks, and you were right, it IS quite a release.