Guga's Last Tango in Paris - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-25-2008, 02:03 PM   #16
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Guga's Last Tango in Paris

Who's that idiot calling foot fault on Guga? Worth the booooooo from the crowd.
Lee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-25-2008, 02:07 PM   #17
country flag Tytta!.
(:

Tytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond repute

I know

This is so sad
Tytta!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 02:14 PM   #18
Sizzling Safin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
Who's that idiot calling foot fault on Guga? Worth the booooooo from the crowd.

I'm listening on RG Radio... can't see him
View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 03:11 PM   #19
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute

I am glad that Guga put up a respectable scoreline.
Old 05-25-2008, 03:18 PM   #20
country flag PennyThePenguin
Scavenger Hunter

PennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond repute

gugita!!!
PennyThePenguin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 03:34 PM   #21
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

His smile brings tears back to my eyes. He's obviously in pain, the trainer was out after 2nd set and he still manages all those beautiful smiles on court.
Old 05-25-2008, 03:37 PM   #22
country flag Tytta!.
(:

Tytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond repute

Old 05-25-2008, 03:45 PM   #23
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Thanks for all the memories Guga!
Old 05-25-2008, 04:00 PM   #24
country flag Tytta!.
(:

Old 05-25-2008, 04:08 PM   #25
Sizzling Safin

81230827.jpg 81230832.jpg 81230836.jpg 81230842.jpg

Sorry about the watermarks, if anyone can get them without....
Old 05-25-2008, 04:33 PM   #26
Sizzling Safin

More:

81231232.jpg 81231233.jpg 81231236.jpg 81231237.jpg 81231238.jpg 81231255.jpg
Old 05-25-2008, 04:35 PM   #27
country flag Tytta!.
(:

Thanks!
Old 05-25-2008, 04:35 PM   #28
country flag tifosa

tifosa has a reputation beyond reputetifosa has a reputation beyond reputetifosa has a reputation beyond reputetifosa has a reputation beyond reputetifosa has a reputation beyond reputetifosa has a reputation beyond reputetifosa has a reputation beyond reputetifosa has a reputation beyond reputetifosa has a reputation beyond reputetifosa has a reputation beyond reputetifosa has a reputation beyond repute

GUGA THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING!

thanks for waking up my love for this sport.
thx for bringing smile to tennis and to my life.
thx for having been with us, your fans, for all these years...

YOU WILL STAY IN OUR HEARTS FOREVER!
WE WILL NEVER FORGET!!!

GUGA 4EVER

p.s. it will never be the same without you

Last edited by tifosa : 05-27-2008 at 04:01 PM.
tifosa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 07:08 PM   #29
country flag Eden
We know how it feels

Eden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond repute

Unfortunately German Eurosport switched to cycling after the Gremelmayr-Djokovic match and I couldn't find a working livestream for Gugas match. Therefore I went outside to enjoy the weather and when I came back and turned on the tv Guga was in the 3rd set.

It was so wonderful to see the atmosphere out there Guga enjoyed the moment and you could really see the joy on his face, as much as the pain unfortunately. The crowd had a great time and got to see some great tennis.

To be honest I didn't cried during the match and his speech afterwards. Somehow I was happy for Guga that he could end his career on this court and feel the support and love of the French crowd one more time

I feel emotional now, but mostly because of all the memories to Guga's unique career. He has given us so much over the last years and it is sad that his career has been so overshadowed by injuries, but he is a personality who could handle the situation and make the best out of his life. I wish him all the best for his future - he has deserved it
Eden is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 07:14 PM   #30
country flag Tytta!.
(:

Q. Normally the crowd should have been supporting you because we're in Paris. We heard a few, Paul, Paul, but even the French were shouting name of Guga. How did you experience this?

PAUL‑HENRI MATHIEU: Oh, fine. Even I would have shouted Guga if I had been able to do that. (laughter.) He's a legend of tennis. He is part of the history of Roland Garros. He won three times, and it's quite normal.

Q. Would you say that this was one of the most emotional matches in your career?

PAUL‑HENRI MATHIEU: Yes. It was very special. At one stage I felt I was playing a final game ‑‑ a match in a final, because the crowd was there and there was a beautiful atmosphere and everybody was shouting, Guga.

It's true that a game like this, a match like this, you play it once in your career and that's it.