Guille in Casablanca - Page 9 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-21-2008, 02:32 PM   #121
country flag Truc

Truc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Guille in Casablanca

Really great, a posteriori, that he kept fighting after a terrible first set, he must have felt awful, knowing he still has the game in him and being unable to show it.
I was very impressed by the improvements in his game, but also in the attitude.
Even in the TB, he choked a little bit, sure, but he was still trying, he was so cute to see.

I know he often says he's playing great in training, but I wasn't sure if it was just blabla.
But really, the French guys have no reason to flatter him, so it must be true Devilder was so impressed by him in training in November already, etc.
Truc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-21-2008, 02:32 PM   #122
country flag Guille's Girl

Guille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the article Fran!! Sounds great. I hope Guille's "coach" understands as much. I actually thought his forehand looked better than the back hand. Gicquels coach said it was "fast", but it seemed to have a bit of pop to it. In anycase, best match in a long long while.
I know he had that issue with Clement (which was hilarious), but I didn't know the French didn't like him...I knew the Germans didn't like him But maybe that was just the press I'm thinking about (and Kiwi ).

I'm shocked he had the energy and desire to play doubles in the same day, and upset the #1 seeds @.@ Yeah, this is pretty exciting stuff when is the next match? oh they're playing now heh. Down a set, down "break point" (as in doubles, duece is game point and break point [dumb]) in the 2nd, 5-5...hold for 6-5

Someday, we'll all be free.

!*~Guillermo Sebastian Mago Coria~*!
Guille's Girl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 02:35 PM   #123
country flag Sommarsverige
on clouds...

Sommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Fran for posting this article

I must say since yesterday I am also very positive towards Guilles comeback and I think it is just a matter of time I mean seen from his game he definitely should have won the match yesterday, if it wasn´t for the double faults in bad situations...

I am really excited to see Guille play in Paris

Pico Monaco ~ Edu Schwank ~ Stan Wawrinka ~ Dani Gimeno ~ David Marrero ~ Marc Lopez ~ Marco Chiudinelli ~ Marcel Granollers

I miss you on tour, Nors, Bjösse, Simon & Pim Pim
Sommarsverige is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 02:41 PM   #124
country flag Guille's Girl

Guille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truc View Post
Really great, a posteriori, that he kept fighting after a terrible first set, he must have felt awful, knowing he still has the game in him and being unable to show it.
I was very impressed by the improvements in his game, but also in the attitude.
Even in the TB, he choked a little bit, sure, but he was still trying, he was so cute to see.

I know he often says he's playing great in training, but I wasn't sure if it was just blabla.
But really, the French guys have no reason to flatter him, so it must be true Devilder was so impressed by him in training in November already, etc.
Aww I wish I could've seen. Still even your description is almost as good.
For me the best points in the match were in the last set when held at love, broke for 5-5, and then held a duece game. That showed some mental toughness. It's there, and now it's coming out

Ok he and Rojer just lost the doubles match 3-6, 6-7 (3-7).

Someday, we'll all be free.

!*~Guillermo Sebastian Mago Coria~*!
Guille's Girl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 03:05 PM   #125
country flag Truc

Truc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond repute

I wish you would have seen it, some of his reactions were adorable.
When he missed a FH in the TB during a rallye he was actually in control of, he stayed like that for a while:

He was so touching. He really had a nice intensity again in his reactions too.
Old 05-21-2008, 05:15 PM   #126
country flag daze11

daze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truc View Post
I wasn't thinking of a player in particular, it was more a general impression. Former French players commenting on French TV and being pretty harsh with him, or the French players mentioning him when they were asked which players are disliked on the tour (PHM again in a chat not so long ago), etc.
he was not popular with the french crowd either, as we should easily recall from 04 RG. which is funny, because his finicky elitism is a mirror of french people. but they dont like cats either, when they are totally cats. and they love dogs, when they are totally the opposite of dogs... i happen to love the french and france. but i happen to love guille ...and cats...so i know they're all similar. french = guille = cats.

K I N G C O R I A . C O M
I am a PROUD 'Coron'! VIVA EL MAGO!

Last edited by daze11 : 05-22-2008 at 01:27 AM.
daze11 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 10:32 PM   #127
country flag allero

allero has a reputation beyond reputeallero has a reputation beyond reputeallero has a reputation beyond reputeallero has a reputation beyond reputeallero has a reputation beyond reputeallero has a reputation beyond reputeallero has a reputation beyond reputeallero has a reputation beyond reputeallero has a reputation beyond reputeallero has a reputation beyond reputeallero has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guille's Girl View Post
I know he had that issue with Clement (which was hilarious), but I didn't know the French didn't like him...I knew the Germans didn't like him But maybe that was just the press I'm thinking about (and Kiwi ).

I don't think German press really cared about him all that much to be honest. I guess due to the fact that Boris Becker talked rather negatively of him several years ago such an image might have been created though.

Oh and about the point daze made concerning the french crowd: Pretty much every time Guille played in RG and it was shown on TV here the majority of the crowd would support his opponent. The most extreme case was the semi in 2004. But whatever...it is a special place for Guille and it always will be.
allero is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 01:26 AM   #128
country flag daze11

daze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by allero View Post
Oh and about the point daze made concerning the french crowd: Pretty much every time Guille played in RG and it was shown on TV here the majority of the crowd would support his opponent. The most extreme case was the semi in 2004. But whatever...it is a special place for Guille and it always will be.
yeah, i've heard it in many contexts that the french announcers were always criticizing him abd that the crowds were cold to him there.

the romance of the french open is in his mind, as the premier showcase for clay court tennis. This is understandable but i dont think it is france he likes.

K I N G C O R I A . C O M
I am a PROUD 'Coron'! VIVA EL MAGO!

daze11 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 10:51 AM   #129
country flag Truc

Just saw that in GM, for those who missed the last set:
http://www.menstennisforums.com/show...ostcount=10552
I haven't downloaded it, I don't know how bad the quality is.