the REAL reason behind Coria's slump???? - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-07-2006, 04:48 PM   #1
country flag Gaucho100K

Gaucho100K is on a distinguished road
Default the REAL reason behind Coria's slump????

Hello to all.... Im surprised that this seems to not yet have been covered here, but local news reports (local = Buenos Aires, reported by Argentine media) are saying that the real reason behind the Coria slump would be related to marital problems.

To cut to the beef, these reports are implying that Corias wife apparently has/had been engaging in some "extra-curricular" activities with someone related to the Coria entourage, and/or other ATP players. They are also saying that Coria has already filed for divorce, but that his ex-wife is demanding a truck load of $$$, etc. etc.

I of course cannot independently confirm this, its just what the local press has been talking about these last couple of days.

I at first didnt believe any of these reports, but then one of the media guys that first broke with the story said that in the last couple of tournaments, his wife had not been seen in the stands, something that until now had never happened. Has anybody been able to confirm this in following the latest tournaments? I havent seem much of Coria on TV lately, hence I cant comment on this.

cheers from Buenos Aires!!
Gaucho100K is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-07-2006, 04:58 PM   #2
country flag cleo1986

cleo1986 has a reputation beyond reputecleo1986 has a reputation beyond reputecleo1986 has a reputation beyond reputecleo1986 has a reputation beyond reputecleo1986 has a reputation beyond reputecleo1986 has a reputation beyond reputecleo1986 has a reputation beyond reputecleo1986 has a reputation beyond reputecleo1986 has a reputation beyond reputecleo1986 has a reputation beyond reputecleo1986 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: the REAL reason behind Coria's slump????

1. There have been reports about this in the other threads.
2. There's a reason why we don't really talk about this.
Doubles:
Winner Buenos Aires CH 2006/Lima CH 2007 with ExcaliburII
Final Costa do Sauipe 2007/Mexico City CH 2007/ Tunica Resorts CH 2007 with ExcaliburII
cleo1986 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 05:13 PM   #3
country flag daze11

daze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond repute

whatever their completely private situation is, i dont agree with those media reports that attempt to say his 'marriage issues' translate into double faulting. and whatever pressures there are in working through his marriage do not erase the pressures of the international press, fame, pressure, and expectation that have also weighed in on him. he got a lot quickly at a young age, and that has put blocks in many 'famous' peoples minds in all types of careers.

many people are exceptional due to their heightened sensitivity. and that sensitivity can be a weakness and not just a strength, when your senses have become overwhelmed & you over interpret and over-feel and over react. i trust he is fighting through to the best of his ability.

adding his personal life to the equation, and having his own home country's press littering unsubstantiated rumours throughout the publlic arena to heighten the pressure, while compaining that they want him to perform better, is probably a better mirror to his current problems than is anything related to carla coria.

K I N G C O R I A . C O M
I am a PROUD 'Coron'! VIVA EL MAGO!

Last edited by daze11 : 08-07-2006 at 05:23 PM.
daze11 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 05:19 PM   #4
country flag Gaucho100K

Gaucho100K is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleo1986
1. There have been reports about this in the other threads.
2. There's a reason why we don't really talk about this.
Err.... dont shoot the messenger... Im just sharing what has been said in the press here.

Sorry I missed the mention of this in other threads, does someone have a link handy?
Gaucho100K is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 05:21 PM   #5
country flag daze11

daze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaucho100K
Err.... dont shoot the messenger... Im just sharing what has been said in the press here.

Sorry I missed the mention of this in other threads, does someone have a link handy?
dont worry, no one here has guns. besides, it was your first post!!! welcome to MTF.

anyway, just look through recent pages in the guilles news thread....the articles have been printed there in detail....

you may even be a friend to help translate some of them for us!!

K I N G C O R I A . C O M
I am a PROUD 'Coron'! VIVA EL MAGO!

daze11 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 06:15 PM   #6
country flag cleo1986

cleo1986 has a reputation beyond reputecleo1986 has a reputation beyond reputecleo1986 has a reputation beyond reputecleo1986 has a reputation beyond reputecleo1986 has a reputation beyond reputecleo1986 has a reputation beyond reputecleo1986 has a reputation beyond reputecleo1986 has a reputation beyond reputecleo1986 has a reputation beyond reputecleo1986 has a reputation beyond reputecleo1986 has a reputation beyond repute

[quote=Gaucho100K]Err.... dont shoot the messenger... Im just sharing what has been said in the press here. [quote]

I didn't mean to sound angry or anything. I guess it's not always easy to express a tone in writing. Maybe I should use more smilies. Anyway, this gossip shit just pisses me off. I didn't mean to scare you after your first post.
Doubles:
Winner Buenos Aires CH 2006/Lima CH 2007 with ExcaliburII
Final Costa do Sauipe 2007/Mexico City CH 2007/ Tunica Resorts CH 2007 with ExcaliburII
cleo1986 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 03:26 PM   #7
country flag boliviana

boliviana has a reputation beyond reputeboliviana has a reputation beyond reputeboliviana has a reputation beyond reputeboliviana has a reputation beyond reputeboliviana has a reputation beyond reputeboliviana has a reputation beyond reputeboliviana has a reputation beyond reputeboliviana has a reputation beyond reputeboliviana has a reputation beyond reputeboliviana has a reputation beyond reputeboliviana has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by daze11
whatever their completely private situation is, i dont agree with those media reports that attempt to say his 'marriage issues' translate into double faulting. and whatever pressures there are in working through his marriage do not erase the pressures of the international press, fame, pressure, and expectation that have also weighed in on him. he got a lot quickly at a young age, and that has put blocks in many 'famous' peoples minds in all types of careers.

many people are exceptional due to their heightened sensitivity. and that sensitivity can be a weakness and not just a strength, when your senses have become overwhelmed & you over interpret and over-feel and over react. i trust he is fighting through to the best of his ability.

adding his personal life to the equation, and having his own home country's press littering unsubstantiated rumours throughout the publlic arena to heighten the pressure, while compaining that they want him to perform better, is probably a better mirror to his current problems than is anything related to carla coria.
I think it's the combination of everything . . . it has to be taking a huge toll on him . .. it would on anyone. And honestly how do you focus on your serve (or anything) when all this stuff is swirling around you . . . I'm sure he is fighting but he's gotta be wondering what the fight is for . . .

about the rumors being unsubstantiated . . . there is a consistency and constancy about them that gives them validity . . . I hadn't heard about the affair(s) so I wonder about that but I do buy the notion that they are splitting up and I'm sure she is going for as much as she can get . . .
boliviana is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 11:50 AM   #8
country flag |-Safin_Coria-|

|-Safin_Coria-| has a reputation beyond repute|-Safin_Coria-| has a reputation beyond repute|-Safin_Coria-| has a reputation beyond repute|-Safin_Coria-| has a reputation beyond repute|-Safin_Coria-| has a reputation beyond repute|-Safin_Coria-| has a reputation beyond repute|-Safin_Coria-| has a reputation beyond repute|-Safin_Coria-| has a reputation beyond repute|-Safin_Coria-| has a reputation beyond repute|-Safin_Coria-| has a reputation beyond repute|-Safin_Coria-| has a reputation beyond repute

|-Safin_Coria-| is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 04:37 PM   #9
country flag michellej

michellej has a reputation beyond reputemichellej has a reputation beyond reputemichellej has a reputation beyond reputemichellej has a reputation beyond reputemichellej has a reputation beyond reputemichellej has a reputation beyond reputemichellej has a reputation beyond reputemichellej has a reputation beyond reputemichellej has a reputation beyond reputemichellej has a reputation beyond reputemichellej has a reputation beyond repute

They just showed carla at ARG 08....beautiful as ever
michellej is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 09:47 PM   #10
country flag Fedeze14_gc

Fedeze14_gc has a reputation beyond reputeFedeze14_gc has a reputation beyond reputeFedeze14_gc has a reputation beyond reputeFedeze14_gc has a reputation beyond reputeFedeze14_gc has a reputation beyond reputeFedeze14_gc has a reputation beyond reputeFedeze14_gc has a reputation beyond reputeFedeze14_gc has a reputation beyond reputeFedeze14_gc has a reputation beyond reputeFedeze14_gc has a reputation beyond reputeFedeze14_gc has a reputation beyond repute

mmm may right may not....

but in fact, press use to destroy stars when they aren't in their best moment, so,,

i try to not pay attention on them!