Who is going? - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-03-2008, 06:22 PM   #31
country flag Sommarsverige
on clouds...

Sommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Who is going?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truc View Post
I'll be there on Sunday & Monday, maybe longer depending on my work load during that week.
Cool to hear that you are coming, Francoise, and we will meet again

Pico Monaco ~ Edu Schwank ~ Stan Wawrinka ~ Dani Gimeno ~ David Marrero ~ Marc Lopez ~ Marco Chiudinelli ~ Marcel Granollers

I miss you on tour, Nors, Bjösse, Simon & Pim Pim
Sommarsverige is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-03-2008, 06:40 PM   #32
country flag davis

davis has a reputation beyond reputedavis has a reputation beyond reputedavis has a reputation beyond reputedavis has a reputation beyond reputedavis has a reputation beyond reputedavis has a reputation beyond reputedavis has a reputation beyond reputedavis has a reputation beyond reputedavis has a reputation beyond reputedavis has a reputation beyond reputedavis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_mike View Post
any good tours of the city we can do after the tennis?
If the weather is good, a Hamburg "must" is a harbor boat trip. They start at the Landungsbrücken (take the train to the stop with the same name, e.g. train S 1 or U 3).

There are double decker busses that do city tours (like in most big towns). You buy a ticket for the day and then you can step in and out of the bus at the various stops, like the Rathaus (town house, nice tours inside) or the Michel (biggest church in Hamburg). A good place to start for that are the Landungsbrücken as well.

Another fun thing to do is to get a "look from the top" by going into the air in a hot air balloon. The balloon is chained to the ground, so you go up to about 150 m and can enjoy the view over Hamburg (only in good weather!). Costs 15 €. Train stop Steinstraße (train U 1).

Walking around the Alster lake in good weather is very popular in Hamburg. The lake is about 5 min. away from the tennis stadium, so if you need a break it's a good place to relax.

In the evening, pretty much everybody goes to the Reeperbahn (train S 1 to the station with the same name) for dancing and drinking. Also nice for that is the Schanzenviertel (train stop "Sternschanze"). For those who are in Hamburg during the Qualis: the Harbor Festival is going on, lots of drinking and partying, starting (again) at Landungsbrücken.

Should be enough for a quick overview.
I'll be around for the whole duration of the tourney, together with some international guests. Anybody who feels lonely, feel free to join us.
davis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 06:49 PM   #33
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

Hello Folks!

I'm thinking of going... but it will depend on whether I can find a place to stay!
Can anyone here give some advice on that? I wouldn't even mind just a camping site, as I'll happily bring along my tent...

Please PM me if you know anything.
Thanks in advance.

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 11:31 AM   #34
country flag irish_mike

irish_mike has a reputation beyond reputeirish_mike has a reputation beyond reputeirish_mike has a reputation beyond reputeirish_mike has a reputation beyond reputeirish_mike has a reputation beyond reputeirish_mike has a reputation beyond reputeirish_mike has a reputation beyond reputeirish_mike has a reputation beyond reputeirish_mike has a reputation beyond reputeirish_mike has a reputation beyond reputeirish_mike has a reputation beyond repute

thats great help, i'll take some notes

it will be nice to see some of the city, when i'm in town. Its good to get around when you travel to sports events.

micheal

[/i]
Quote:
Originally Posted by davis View Post
If the weather is good, a Hamburg "must" is a harbor boat trip. They start at the Landungsbrücken (take the train to the stop with the same name, e.g. train S 1 or U 3).

There are double decker busses that do city tours (like in most big towns). You buy a ticket for the day and then you can step in and out of the bus at the various stops, like the Rathaus (town house, nice tours inside) or the Michel (biggest church in Hamburg). A good place to start for that are the Landungsbrücken as well.

Another fun thing to do is to get a "look from the top" by going into the air in a hot air balloon. The balloon is chained to the ground, so you go up to about 150 m and can enjoy the view over Hamburg (only in good weather!). Costs 15 €. Train stop Steinstraße (train U 1).

Walking around the Alster lake in good weather is very popular in Hamburg. The lake is about 5 min. away from the tennis stadium, so if you need a break it's a good place to relax.

In the evening, pretty much everybody goes to the Reeperbahn (train S 1 to the station with the same name) for dancing and drinking. Also nice for that is the Schanzenviertel (train stop "Sternschanze"). For those who are in Hamburg during the Qualis: the Harbor Festival is going on, lots of drinking and partying, starting (again) at Landungsbrücken.

Should be enough for a quick overview.
I'll be around for the whole duration of the tourney, together with some international guests. Anybody who feels lonely, feel free to join us.
Old 05-07-2008, 01:10 PM   #35
country flag irish_mike

irish_mike has a reputation beyond reputeirish_mike has a reputation beyond reputeirish_mike has a reputation beyond reputeirish_mike has a reputation beyond reputeirish_mike has a reputation beyond reputeirish_mike has a reputation beyond reputeirish_mike has a reputation beyond reputeirish_mike has a reputation beyond reputeirish_mike has a reputation beyond reputeirish_mike has a reputation beyond reputeirish_mike has a reputation beyond repute
Default Any irish going to Hamburg?

Any one from Ireland going to the tennis in hamburg, sometimes I meet Irish people at tennis gigs.....
Old 05-07-2008, 03:02 PM   #36
country flag kiwi10is

kiwi10is has a reputation beyond reputekiwi10is has a reputation beyond reputekiwi10is has a reputation beyond reputekiwi10is has a reputation beyond reputekiwi10is has a reputation beyond reputekiwi10is has a reputation beyond reputekiwi10is has a reputation beyond reputekiwi10is has a reputation beyond reputekiwi10is has a reputation beyond reputekiwi10is has a reputation beyond reputekiwi10is has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any irish going to Hamburg?

well I am not Irish but I love Ireland very very much and I will be in Hamburg from Saturday until Tuesday!!
kiwi10is is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 03:52 PM   #37
country flag irish_mike

Default Re: Any irish going to Hamburg?

i'm going over on thursday, and it will be great to see hamburg
Old 05-08-2008, 10:58 PM   #38
country flag Jimnik

Jimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond repute

Just received my tickets through the mail. Got my flight booked and my hostel reservation. Everything is set.

Can't wait.
Jimnik is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 10:59 PM   #39
country flag irish_mike

it was hard to find a hotel in the city..

looks like its going to be full lol

should be good fun
Old 05-11-2008, 04:48 PM   #40
country flag Shaz

Shaz has a reputation beyond reputeShaz has a reputation beyond reputeShaz has a reputation beyond reputeShaz has a reputation beyond reputeShaz has a reputation beyond reputeShaz has a reputation beyond reputeShaz has a reputation beyond reputeShaz has a reputation beyond reputeShaz has a reputation beyond reputeShaz has a reputation beyond reputeShaz has a reputation beyond repute

I'm in Bremen and my semester ticket is valid for travelling to the Hamburg main station (YAY!!) so I'll be coming on Wednesday,Thursday and Friday. Maybe Tuesday and the finals day as well... depends on the work load in the university.
So far,I have bought tickets for Friday only. Dunno if I will be able to get tickets now. What are the chances of buying the tickets on the day?

Last edited by Shaz : 05-11-2008 at 05:00 PM.
Shaz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote