Doubles Tennis Tipping (DTT) Managers Thread-- New season, new managers needed - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 04-18-2008, 07:32 PM   #16
country flag trucul

trucul has a reputation beyond reputetrucul has a reputation beyond reputetrucul has a reputation beyond reputetrucul has a reputation beyond reputetrucul has a reputation beyond reputetrucul has a reputation beyond reputetrucul has a reputation beyond reputetrucul has a reputation beyond reputetrucul has a reputation beyond reputetrucul has a reputation beyond reputetrucul has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Doubles Tennis Tipping (DTT) Managers Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drikke View Post
I can help you with updates, recieve pciks tec, but I can't do difs
It is already great if you could receive my picks and picks of my opponent(s).

I will manage the other things except publishing diffs during the week.
trucul is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-27-2008, 01:59 PM   #17
country flag Zirconek
Tênis Mambembe

Zirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond repute

I saw the "user DTT Board" voted in the thread "Petition for right to start a thread in GM only for users with over 500 posts"

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=113129

it's really unappropriate :retard:

Old 05-03-2008, 02:34 PM   #18
country flag trucul

trucul has a reputation beyond reputetrucul has a reputation beyond reputetrucul has a reputation beyond reputetrucul has a reputation beyond reputetrucul has a reputation beyond reputetrucul has a reputation beyond reputetrucul has a reputation beyond reputetrucul has a reputation beyond reputetrucul has a reputation beyond reputetrucul has a reputation beyond reputetrucul has a reputation beyond repute

DTT Roland Garros tournament is not in the games thread but it the directory of Roland Garros (where we have TT thread, PAW thread, ...). Do we need to do like this from now on and put the thread in the directory of the main tournament of the week ?
2009: 61
2008: 63
Old 05-03-2008, 03:57 PM   #19
country flag Drikke

Drikke has a reputation beyond reputeDrikke has a reputation beyond reputeDrikke has a reputation beyond reputeDrikke has a reputation beyond reputeDrikke has a reputation beyond reputeDrikke has a reputation beyond reputeDrikke has a reputation beyond reputeDrikke has a reputation beyond reputeDrikke has a reputation beyond reputeDrikke has a reputation beyond reputeDrikke has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by trucul View Post
DTT Roland Garros tournament is not in the games thread but it the directory of Roland Garros (where we have TT thread, PAW thread, ...). Do we need to do like this from now on and put the thread in the directory of the main tournament of the week ?
I actually did this to have some new players

From now on, we'll put in the tournament thread if it's the only tournament off the week. When there are more tourneys in a week, we'll put it in the games thread. Okay ?

Next tournament : Open 13 ... http://www.menstennisforums.com/show...php?p=11738780
Drikke is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 04:15 PM   #20
country flag Boarder35m

Boarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I actually did this to have some new players

From now on, we'll put in the tournament thread if it's the only tournament off the week. When there are more tourneys in a week, we'll put it in the games thread. Okay ?
I really think this is a good idea.

2 weeks ago I won Monte Carlo and noone seems to have noticed that at that time.

It´s not that I want to be praised (but you can keep doing that ), but if these threats are on the pages of the tournaments a lot more people will regularly attend them. The number of people forgetting to pick will probably get down as well. If only a few people post regularly in the weekly dtt threat one tends to forget about this game.
This nearly happened to me, allthough I was playing the final
Boarder35m is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 06:32 PM   #21
country flag trucul

Overall, I agree with you but I think that we should be consistent and not saying that we should post in the thread of the tournament when there is one big tournament and in the games thread when there is more than one tournament. This would add confusion. I would prefer that we post in the directory of the main tournament of the week.

I am also thinking about some other things which could bring more players in the game and prevent from players forgetting to post picks:

- put more emphasis on the ranking and especially focus on the "DTT Doubles Race". If we say that the 8 best pairs will be qualified for the DTT Masters at the end of the week, this could bring more attraction.
- give priority to matches on the main tournament of the week and grant points based on this main tournament (having for all other weeks than MS and GS always the same points (250 ...) is not very reflecting reality.
- in the DTT template, have a section with "Hall of Fame" reminding the winners and finalists of the previous weeks and the statistics of the game so far.
- improve quality in the management of the tournaments:
- post OOP early enough so that players have time to submit it (typically before 22:00 CET for European tournaments).
- post diffs as soon as matches have started.
- make a quick report of the DTT Matches of the Day.
- Stop including challenger matches. Though I am very interested by these matches, I think that many players would prefer to focus on matches of the main Tour.

Another key thing is that the number of volunteers to be DTT Manager is very low, which makes it quite difficult to handle week after week (especially for Drikke who has to be manager nearly 50% of time). Maybe, we should focus more on weeks with important tournaments and skip some other weeks for DTT.

Feedbacks are welcome.
Old 05-03-2008, 07:34 PM   #22
country flag Drikke

Drikke has a reputation beyond reputeDrikke has a reputation beyond reputeDrikke has a reputation beyond reputeDrikke has a reputation beyond reputeDrikke has a reputation beyond reputeDrikke has a reputation beyond reputeDrikke has a reputation beyond reputeDrikke has a reputation beyond reputeDrikke has a reputation beyond reputeDrikke has a reputation beyond reputeDrikke has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by trucul View Post
Overall, I agree with you but I think that we should be consistent and not saying that we should post in the thread of the tournament when there is one big tournament and in the games thread when there is more than one tournament. This would add confusion. I would prefer that we post in the directory of the main tournament of the week.

Okay for me, but we'll keep on making a not in game topic
I am also thinking about some other things which could bring more players in the game and prevent from players forgetting to post picks:

- put more emphasis on the ranking and especially focus on the "DTT Doubles Race". If we say that the 8 best pairs will be qualified for the DTT Masters at the end of the week, this could bring more attraction.

Agree

- give priority to matches on the main tournament of the week and grant points based on this main tournament (having for all other weeks than MS and GS always the same points (250 ...) is not very reflecting reality.

Don't agree, because there will be less tourneys and the few which will be hold can be hold with this point system.

- in the DTT template, have a section with "Hall of Fame" reminding the winners and finalists of the previous weeks and the statistics of the game so far.

Okay for me if anyone wants to do this, I don't have time to do this now, maybe in a month.

- improve quality in the management of the tournaments:

I can't post difs right now due to school, I've to go to school one more month, then my managing will improve

- post OOP early enough so that players have time to submit it (typically before 22:00 CET for European tournaments).
- post diffs as soon as matches have started.
See previous
- make a quick report of the DTT Matches of the Day.

I do't get what you mean

- Stop including challenger matches. Though I am very interested by these matches, I think that many players would prefer to focus on matches of the main Tour.

Agree

Another key thing is that the number of volunteers to be DTT Manager is very low, which makes it quite difficult to handle week after week (especially for Drikke who has to be manager nearly 50% of time). Maybe, we should focus more on weeks with important tournaments and skip some other weeks for DTT.

Indeed, very good idea. I'll make a new calendar today or tomorrow
Feedbacks are welcome.
look in red for my opinion

Next tournament : Open 13 ... http://www.menstennisforums.com/show...php?p=11738780
Old 05-03-2008, 07:35 PM   #23
country flag Drikke

I'll make a new Hamburg thread in the Hamburg thread, maybe you can do this for Rome too or is that to late ?

Old 05-03-2008, 07:55 PM   #24
country flag trucul

Quote:
I'll make a new Hamburg thread in the Hamburg thread, maybe you can do this for Rome too or is that to late ?
I may do it if I have time tomorrow once deadline is over. I don't want to change the current link thread for commitment (the one being in my signature ...).
Old 05-03-2008, 07:58 PM   #25
country flag trucul

I have started a Hall of Fame in Rome Template:

http://www.menstennisforums.com/show...78&postcount=7

I have also included a more "visible" ranking for ATP Doubles Race: (need still to improve the way it is displayed).

http://www.menstennisforums.com/show...79&postcount=8
Old 05-09-2008, 10:57 PM   #26
country flag Drikke

New Calendar

WEEK 9: 12 May - 18 May: DTT Hamburg ( Drikke )
Week 11: 26 May - 8 June : DTT Roland Garros ( Drikke , ......... )
WEEK 12: 9 June - 15 June : DTT Queens/Halle/Sopot ( Drikke , Boarder35m)
WEEK 13: 23 June - 6 June : DTT Wimbledon ( ............ , Boarder35m )

Last edited by Drikke : 05-09-2008 at 11:15 PM.
Old 05-09-2008, 11:00 PM   #27
country flag Drikke

I need someone to help me with the difs in Roland Garros first days. I can't do difs on monday, tuesday , thursday and friday of the first week.

Trucul: Can you do write DTT Comments in Paris ? This is great stuff !

We also need someone to run Wimbledon. I will be available to help during the second week. Trucul , if you want to run it, you have the first choise

Old 05-09-2008, 11:00 PM   #28
country flag Boarder35m

Boarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond repute

I could help at Wimbledon or the week before
Old 05-09-2008, 11:03 PM   #29
country flag Drikke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boarder35m View Post
I could help at Wimbledon or the week before
Great! Do you mean Queens with the week before?

Old 05-09-2008, 11:08 PM   #30
country flag Boarder35m

Quote:
Great! Do you mean Queens with the week before?
Yes. I really feel quite sorry for you because you run a tournament every week.