Overall, I agree with you but I think that we should be consistent and not saying that we should post in the thread of the tournament when there is one big tournament and in the games thread when there is more than one tournament. This would add confusion. I would prefer that we post in the directory of the main tournament of the week.
I am also thinking about some other things which could bring more players in the game and prevent from players forgetting to post picks:
- put more emphasis on the ranking and especially focus on the "DTT Doubles Race". If we say that the 8 best pairs will be qualified for the DTT Masters at the end of the week, this could bring more attraction.
- give priority to matches on the main tournament of the week and grant points based on this main tournament (having for all other weeks than MS and GS always the same points (250 ...) is not very reflecting reality.
- in the DTT template, have a section with "Hall of Fame" reminding the winners and finalists of the previous weeks and the statistics of the game so far.
- improve quality in the management of the tournaments:
- post OOP early enough so that players have time to submit it (typically before 22:00 CET for European tournaments).
- post diffs as soon as matches have started.
- make a quick report of the DTT Matches of the Day.
- Stop including challenger matches. Though I am very interested by these matches, I think that many players would prefer to focus on matches of the main Tour.
Another key thing is that the number of volunteers to be DTT Manager is very low, which makes it quite difficult to handle week after week (especially for Drikke who has to be manager nearly 50% of time). Maybe, we should focus more on weeks with important tournaments and skip some other weeks for DTT.
Feedbacks are welcome.