Babolat pure drive - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 04-17-2008, 08:48 PM   #46
country flag jazar

jazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Babolat pure drive

flexpoint is horrible, makes the racket play like a hinge. microgel is great, similar to the intelligence series, which is what i use.
jazar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-20-2008, 03:20 PM   #47
country flag akybo

akybo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennMirnyi View Post
I'm right. What can you do, really? Roddick = moonballer with a serve.
If Roddick is a moonballer with a serve then what are you
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazar
well, you're completely wrong there. most of the people i know who use babolat, going up from beginner level to pro, are flat hitters. flat hitters should prefer other brands, i.e. brands that make dense string pattern rackets, but thats not always the case.
Agreed with flat hitters should prefer other brands,I hit mostly flat and I naturally swich from babolat but today's game is more about spin.Anyway most babolat racquets are not players racquet as we know even in some descriptions they call it a "tweener" racquet but as you said more people use them from beginner level and dont wanna adapt to another racquet when they make it to pro so they customize it with lead tape and there you go.
akybo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 03:57 PM   #48
country flag jazar

jazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by akybo View Post
just because roddick has a big serve, doesnt mean he cant be a moonballer
Old 04-20-2008, 07:52 PM   #49
country flag akybo

akybo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazar View Post
just because roddick has a big serve, doesnt mean he cant be a moonballer
I didnt said that but if you already notice:it's true he has some kind of haotic game but it's far away to call him a moonballer.
akybo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 09:05 PM   #50
country flag jazar

I never said he was a moonballer. i just said that a player with a big serve doesnt necessarily have to have the attacking game to back it up
Old 04-21-2008, 11:13 AM   #51
country flag gaz

gaz has a reputation beyond reputegaz has a reputation beyond reputegaz has a reputation beyond reputegaz has a reputation beyond reputegaz has a reputation beyond reputegaz has a reputation beyond reputegaz has a reputation beyond reputegaz has a reputation beyond reputegaz has a reputation beyond reputegaz has a reputation beyond reputegaz has a reputation beyond repute

ok fair point but unlikely to have the fastest serve in world and play defensive

the bab rackets have the ability to to be customised and al lot of the pro's do it what federer has done to his racket is unbelievable have the grip shaved then built up again to make it softer and 40 grms of weight extra and still using the old sampras racket

tim henman always used a wilson

kavelnikov used to a have the bottom built up so his hand would not slip

you cant say that bab rackets are rubbish, a racket is a personal thing you will like some and not others i happen not to like wilson or head rackets doesnt make them bad rackets though. at the end of the day babolat are number 2 in racket sales in the world and number 1 in many countries
gaz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 01:19 PM   #52
country flag jazar

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaz View Post
the bab rackets have the ability to to be customised and al lot of the pro's do it what federer has done to his racket is unbelievable have the grip shaved then built up again to make it softer and 40 grms of weight extra and still using the old sampras racket
federer is using a racket made from the n61 tour mold, but with custom drilled holes. and he has only added a little bit of weight to it to make it more evenly balanced. though for playing on clay he addeds further weight to the head, but nowhere near 40grams
Old 04-21-2008, 01:24 PM   #53
country flag gaz

gaz has a reputation beyond reputegaz has a reputation beyond reputegaz has a reputation beyond reputegaz has a reputation beyond reputegaz has a reputation beyond reputegaz has a reputation beyond reputegaz has a reputation beyond reputegaz has a reputation beyond reputegaz has a reputation beyond reputegaz has a reputation beyond reputegaz has a reputation beyond repute

that is what i was told by someone at wilson and wilson have a customisation service for their players which do the process for him

he has the the grip shaved to a softer material lower down then it is built bak up and then his leather grip

this is too make softer or something!?!
Old 04-21-2008, 09:19 PM   #54
country flag GlennMirnyi
Banned!

GlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Agreed with flat hitters should prefer other brands,I hit mostly flat and I naturally swich from babolat but today's game is more about spin.Anyway most babolat racquets are not players racquet as we know even in some descriptions they call it a "tweener" racquet but as you said more people use them from beginner level and dont wanna adapt to another racquet when they make it to pro so they customize it with lead tape and there you go.
I'm not a moonballer I can assure that.

Quote:
I didnt said that but if you already notice:it's true he has some kind of haotic game but it's far away to call him a moonballer.
Moonballer, grinder, pusher, it's all the same thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazar View Post
I never said he was a moonballer. i just said that a player with a big serve doesnt necessarily have to have the attacking game to back it up
Exactly. Roddick is a grinder with a serve. Even Russell is more offensive than him from the back.
GlennMirnyi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 07:47 AM   #55
country flag gaz

so if what you are saying roddick is a bad player then ?.....................

are yo as bad as roddick glenn?
Old 04-27-2008, 10:59 PM   #56
country flag gaz

i take that as a no?
Old 05-02-2008, 01:47 AM   #57
country flag gaz

GLENN is not as bad as roddick afterall
Old 05-02-2008, 08:57 AM   #58
country flag KaiserChief

KaiserChief has a reputation beyond reputeKaiserChief has a reputation beyond reputeKaiserChief has a reputation beyond reputeKaiserChief has a reputation beyond reputeKaiserChief has a reputation beyond reputeKaiserChief has a reputation beyond reputeKaiserChief has a reputation beyond reputeKaiserChief has a reputation beyond reputeKaiserChief has a reputation beyond reputeKaiserChief has a reputation beyond reputeKaiserChief has a reputation beyond repute

I read all the posts here and I think that you are forgeting that apart from Head and Wilson , there are some other brands which no one even mentions.
For example I have Fischer pro M Number one, 98 and it is perfect for me. It is quite heavy (335grams) and if you are not used to heavier racquets it will torn your hand apart in the beggining, but after some time you'll realise that it has wonderful feel, loads of power and the control is excellent.
Now even I found this racquet lighter than in fact is.
And it depends a lot what kind of string is used!!!

As for Babolat Pure Drive, which is considered bullshit here I think it is not that bad racquet. It is indeed baseliner raquet . Anyone tested here Head MicroGEL Extreme Pro Racquet? My hitting partner has it and I have tested it few times. It is 99% same as Babolat Pro Drive , complitely same thing. Like the people from Head had covered the Pro drive with their colors and signs.
KaiserChief is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 10:07 AM   #59
country flag jazar

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaiserChief View Post
Anyone tested here Head MicroGEL Extreme Pro Racquet? My hitting partner has it and I have tested it few times. It is 99% same as Babolat Pro Drive , complitely same thing. Like the people from Head had covered the Pro drive with their colors and signs.
the microgel extreme pro isnt exactly like the pure drive, as its 15 grams heavier. the standard micrgol extreme is the one that is exactly like the pure drive. and the reasons for that is because head copied it almost exactly
Old 05-02-2008, 10:58 AM   #60
country flag gaz

Despie Being 5 Gram Slighter And A Different Balance The Closest Racket To That Is The Pure Storm Where They Are The Same Except For 5mm On Balance