Forget Prince Albert II, David is the real royalty at the millionaires' playground - Page 10 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 04-26-2008, 06:12 PM   #136
country flag Getta

Getta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Forget Prince Albert II, David is the real royalty at the millionaires' playgroun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennis-Engineer View Post
My problem is not either David lost or Federer was better.The problem is he thinks MTF is his father's heritage and he can insult others anytime and be disrespectful. He could politely agree or disagree like what Krystlel did. Here everyone can express his opinioin freely but this godfather wants to dictate his nonsense opinions.
Stop pouring oil on the flames. I hate that.
Getta is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-26-2008, 06:15 PM   #137
country flag sigmagirl91
Miss Thang

sigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Forget Prince Albert II, David is the real royalty at the millionaires' playgroun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennis-Engineer View Post
My problem is not either David lost or Federer was better.The problem is he thinks MTF is his father's heritage and he can insult others anytime and be disrespectful. He could politely agree or disagree like what Krystlel did. Here everyone can express his opinioin freely but this godfather wants to dictate his nonsense opinions.
If he's the godfather, then I'm the godmother.
Old 04-26-2008, 06:59 PM   #138
country flag Getta

Getta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigmagirl91 View Post
If he's the godfather, then I'm the godmother.
Actually, you make a very valid point.
Getta is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 01:21 AM   #139
country flag the_natural

the_natural has a reputation beyond reputethe_natural has a reputation beyond reputethe_natural has a reputation beyond reputethe_natural has a reputation beyond reputethe_natural has a reputation beyond reputethe_natural has a reputation beyond reputethe_natural has a reputation beyond reputethe_natural has a reputation beyond reputethe_natural has a reputation beyond reputethe_natural has a reputation beyond reputethe_natural has a reputation beyond repute

Meh business as usual from Nalby, his conditioning lets him down, Truth be told if you watch the Madrid Match The swiss miss was crushed but there were many points where nalby's court coverages stopped the swiss from winning/taking control of alot of points. This is the problem, Nalby can outhit anyone with his brilliant clean hitting but when hes not able to run and get enough balls back he loses.

This was agassis weakness against the cheese and even against Rafa, his groundies were more deadly than both and he could pull the trigger from anywhere, they could get just enough balls back to keep themselves in the point and all the had to do was move him around then court or out of position and they won by playing around him.

This was why Nalby was playing so well the end of last year, his new coach did something to take his fitness and speed to the next level, I know you all said the cheese played the best match of his year the other day but the reality is that when nalby beat him the last 2 times the same thing was happening but nalby was able to contain his game and then pull the trigger at the right time.
the_natural is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 10:18 AM   #140
country flag Viken01

Viken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond repute

I understand your point but as far as I know, David has the same coach. So why is he not as fit as the end of last year ?
Old 04-27-2008, 11:34 AM   #141
country flag the_natural

the_natural has a reputation beyond reputethe_natural has a reputation beyond reputethe_natural has a reputation beyond reputethe_natural has a reputation beyond reputethe_natural has a reputation beyond reputethe_natural has a reputation beyond reputethe_natural has a reputation beyond reputethe_natural has a reputation beyond reputethe_natural has a reputation beyond reputethe_natural has a reputation beyond reputethe_natural has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viken01 View Post
I understand your point but as far as I know, David has the same coach. So why is he not as fit as the end of last year ?
Because he has come down off his high Sorry to be blunt and harsh but David had stars in his eyes last year and going into this year, then just because he got that back injury that threw him off in australia he used that as his excuse to stop working hard anymore "oh woe is me no matter how often i up my training, every time i get serious and work hard i am beset with injuries", end of last year the work with Jaite was finally paying of and then nalby was really starting to knuckle down and work hard, but after that one set back he softened up again, figuratively and literally.

Hes back to David 06, good form, lowered expectations. I think for him this year all he needs is the davis cup to be happy, fair enough thats good for him, but he could be so much more, I just have to accept that its his life whatever makes him happy makes is great for him, I have to stop investing so much into guys like him Rafa, Nole (and even the scud for f@#$s sake) because what they do with their life is up to them and i get too emotional over these things lol

I guess im a sucker for wasted talent though, I was still holding on to this blind faith that Scud could still make one run at Wimbledon after he picked up darren cahil and gil reyes and he said that he believed he was destined to win the title once.... Geeze i really am a sucker.

Still Am a big david fan and I dont believe that anyone playing their best against him on any surface, currently, can take him down without going through hell. His best tennis (and if he were fit like last year) would beat federer on grass, Possibly rafa on clay, and anyone on a hard court or indoor with the exception of safin at his very best when he could move too. And I think out of all players hes the ONE player along with Safin who can carry the davis cup team even after having a shit season in singles
the_natural is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 11:56 AM   #142
country flag Viken01

Viken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond repute

Well, I don't think you are a sucker, you are just a true fan. I don't know if the part when you say David have softened his training because of his injury before the AO is true, but if it is then I think it's Jaite's fault for not making working hard, even if I know it's not a piece of cake.

But Safin's case is worst than david's, because he felt out of the top 100 at one point and right now can't come back to his level, so even if there is similarities, when you say Safin can beat anybody like David - which is true - don't forget that david is currently 7th and safin something like 90th at the moment. So we can't say david has come off his high, let's just give him some time I'm sure he will find his form with the upcoming tournaments. The more matches he will play, the better he will get coming into RG.