Longest Bet Maturity - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-10-2008, 11:16 PM   #1
country flag its.like.that
Banned!

its.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond repute
Default Longest Bet Maturity

What is the longest potential maturity for a bet that you've ever seen?

Election betting is always around, which means you will wait around 4 years to find out if a bet will cash or not (both for Australian and US elections).

Elections aside, it is rare to see any bets that will take more than 12 months to be decided from the moment the bet is placed.

Centrebet is currently running the following bet:

Consecutive Wimbledon Titles won by Roger Federer - Wimbledon Titles

Exactly 5 Consecutive Titles 2.25
Exactly 6 Consecutive Titles 3.10
Exactly 7 Consecutive Titles 5.00
Exactly 8 Consecutive Titles 10.00
Exactly 9 Consecutive Titles 17.00
10 Consecutive Titles or More 26.00

So if Federer were to win the 2008, 2009, 2010 and 2011 Wimbledon titles, this bet would not be decided until Wimbledon 2012.

A long time to wait while CB does whatever it wants with your money .
its.like.that is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-10-2008, 11:22 PM   #2
country flag Bolar Bolabi

Bolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Longest Bet Maturity

How much did you put on and on what? I think 6 and 7 are good bets.

Winner: Sydney
SF: Kooyong

Bolar Bolabi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 11:41 PM   #3
Banned!

its.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolar Bolabi View Post
How much did you put on and on what? I think 6 and 7 are good bets.
I'm in for the long haul Bolar.

Old 01-28-2008, 07:37 PM   #4
country flag B3N

B3N B3N B3N B3N B3N B3N B3N B3N B3N B3N B3N

I remember reading something about a Mars landing...

"British bookmakers William Hill said Thursday they are offering 50 to 1 odds against a man walking on Mars by
December 31, 2030."

but funnily enough

"Oddsmakers have underestimated space exploration before, to their cost.

"In 1969, when Neil Armstrong became the first man on the moon, Hill's paid out 10,000 pounds to David Threlfall, who had bet 10 pounds at odds of 1,000 to 1 in the early 1960s that nobody would reach the moon before the end of the decade."

http://edition.cnn.com/2004/TECH/spa...eut/index.html
B3N is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 09:06 PM   #5
country flag B3N

B3N B3N B3N B3N B3N B3N B3N B3N B3N B3N B3N

Now that i think of it there is a entire website devoted to long term bets at longbets.org
Stuff like;
-By 2100 racism will no longer be a significant phenomenon in most countries of the world.
-By 2060 the total population of humans on earth will be less than it is today.
B3N is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 06:27 AM   #6
Banned!

Cheers for that, interesting stuff.
Old 02-04-2008, 05:03 PM   #7
country flag Henry Chinaski

Henry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond repute

There's a "Next Manchester United Manager" market on betfair that's been running for about 3 years and will probably never end because that miserable old fucker Alex Ferguson will still be there when he's 168.
Henry Chinaski is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 05:12 PM   #8
country flag A_Skywalker

A_Skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeA_Skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeA_Skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeA_Skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeA_Skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeA_Skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeA_Skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeA_Skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeA_Skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeA_Skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeA_Skywalker has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe they should have created this market only after he retired

Tennis Tipping and PAW Results
A_Skywalker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 12:18 AM   #9
country flag Tennis World A

Tennis World A has a reputation beyond reputeTennis World A has a reputation beyond reputeTennis World A has a reputation beyond reputeTennis World A has a reputation beyond reputeTennis World A has a reputation beyond reputeTennis World A has a reputation beyond reputeTennis World A has a reputation beyond reputeTennis World A has a reputation beyond reputeTennis World A has a reputation beyond reputeTennis World A has a reputation beyond reputeTennis World A has a reputation beyond repute

I know for the story where a father placed a bet that his son will one day be a goalkeeper for the English football national team.
Tennis World A is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 02:54 AM   #10
country flag Bolar Bolabi

Bolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond repute

what a silly topic

Winner: Sydney
SF: Kooyong

Bolar Bolabi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 05:45 AM   #11
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolar Bolabi View Post
what a silly topic
you've posted in here before

so why make out like you've never seen this thead?
Old 04-27-2008, 08:01 AM   #12
bad gambler

View My Blog!   Reply With Quote