Don't bash Novak - Page 9 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 04-26-2008, 11:00 PM   #121
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Don't bash Novak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allure View Post
I don't see anyone calling Djokovic's parents a garage.
Quote:
Stop jerking off over Djokovic shirtless posters and go back to school.
Very classy posts by a classy federer fan.
Lee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-26-2008, 11:01 PM   #122
country flag ryan23

ryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond repute

With a title called 'Don't bash Novak' you must be asking for a bashing!

Big Star/Alex Chilton R.I.P

The Stone Roses

Guns N' Roses
ryan23 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 11:01 PM   #123
country flag finishingmove

finishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond repute

I agree he should ditch his parents... they are too distracting (to anyone , let alone him)

As for his retirement(s) i think its none of anyone's business.Maybe he has some chronic health problems? Or he just sent it all to hell because things weren't going his way. Either way its understandable.Both fit into his character.To be slightly biased now, I'll say the doctor yesterday should've given him some placebo since he explicitly asked for help.He seemed to have had a significant drop in the 7th game of the match,from which he never fully recovered.Started missing everything, something was bugging him...Even a sore throat can cause a significant lapse in concentration, especially considering he was already under pressure playing Roger etc.

I can also say that I'm disappointed , and feel cheated in a way , with this outcome, just like after the DC match (or any of the previous ones...) , but I support his decission if that works best for him... I just hope he can put an end to these. Permanently.
Spending time with your children and not being a wage slave at some soulless corporation or government bureaucracy sounds like hell. Haven't we progressed beyond the idea that it is in loving relationships with other people that we find fulfillment and meaning? Climbing the corporate ladder is essential in the pursuit of happiness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Oracle View Post
Match Point Novak needs to be immortalized in sculpture, like Michelangelo's David. I'm sure that once he's gone to tennis Valhalla, his statue will have his stones as the focal point of attention, and tennis fans will make a meccan-like pilgrimage at least once in their lifetime, in order to rub those lucky stones, like the budda's belly.
finishingmove is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 11:03 PM   #124
country flag ryan23

ryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RagingLamb View Post
I don't care about novak's fans, roger's fans, or any fans.

I was cheering for Novak when he won AO, but what Novak did left a very bad taste in my mouth. If he had lost 6-0 in the second and taken it like a man, I would still respect him.

But what he did was a bitch move, and he deserves nothing but criticism for it.

What happened to the tough guys in tennis? What happened to fighting and sticking it out. If anything, out of respect for Roger, keep playing.
There arent many men playing today that have the tougness and fighting spirit most act like poofs or women who are on there period!

Big Star/Alex Chilton R.I.P

The Stone Roses

Guns N' Roses
ryan23 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 11:03 PM   #125
country flag Apemant

Apemant has a reputation beyond reputeApemant has a reputation beyond reputeApemant has a reputation beyond reputeApemant has a reputation beyond reputeApemant has a reputation beyond reputeApemant has a reputation beyond reputeApemant has a reputation beyond reputeApemant has a reputation beyond reputeApemant has a reputation beyond reputeApemant has a reputation beyond reputeApemant has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apolix View Post
Good thread Apemant, although to be completely honest, I believe Nole does deserve criticism for this move, it was stupid, regardless of whether he was sick or not, he could and should have finished the final set. It’s not fair to his fans.
Of course he needs criticism. I'm all for it. But what's the point of the stream of 40 insults in a row? Of course, he doesn't read this forum, good for him. But his fans can't possibly read all that, not feeling very bad about it. They will just wait the next chance to spew all that bitterness back, and so on, and so forth.

I guess it's the way things work.
Old 04-26-2008, 11:07 PM   #126
country flag l_mac
I DON'T LIKE DJOKOVIC

l_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apemant View Post
Of course he needs criticism. I'm all for it. But what's the point of the stream of 40 insults in a row? Of course, he doesn't read this forum, good for him. But his fans can't possibly read all that, not feeling very bad about it. They will just wait the next chance to spew all that bitterness back, and so on, and so forth.

But soon there will be a new kid on the block to hate on ... look how the Fed and Nadal fans have bonded

Although I fear this will be a short lived union. Maybe ending tomorrow.
l_mac is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 11:10 PM   #127
country flag finishingmove

finishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apemant View Post
They will just wait the next chance to spew all that bitterness back, and so on, and so forth.

No. Thats how some people forumfolk work.
Spending time with your children and not being a wage slave at some soulless corporation or government bureaucracy sounds like hell. Haven't we progressed beyond the idea that it is in loving relationships with other people that we find fulfillment and meaning? Climbing the corporate ladder is essential in the pursuit of happiness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Oracle View Post
Match Point Novak needs to be immortalized in sculpture, like Michelangelo's David. I'm sure that once he's gone to tennis Valhalla, his statue will have his stones as the focal point of attention, and tennis fans will make a meccan-like pilgrimage at least once in their lifetime, in order to rub those lucky stones, like the budda's belly.

Last edited by finishingmove : 04-26-2008 at 11:15 PM.
finishingmove is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 11:21 PM   #128
country flag Apemant

Apemant has a reputation beyond reputeApemant has a reputation beyond reputeApemant has a reputation beyond reputeApemant has a reputation beyond reputeApemant has a reputation beyond reputeApemant has a reputation beyond reputeApemant has a reputation beyond reputeApemant has a reputation beyond reputeApemant has a reputation beyond reputeApemant has a reputation beyond reputeApemant has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by l_mac View Post

I admit in advance that I'll be mighty pissed off if their match tomorrow turns out to be a replica of the last year's one.

But if they both play well and Nadal comes on top, so be it. He's just too damn tough a cookie on clay I guess.
Old 04-26-2008, 11:22 PM   #129
country flag bokehlicious
♥ eve ♥

bokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by l_mac View Post
look how the Fed and Nadal fans have bonded

you'll surely hate us again if Nadal fails to win, but most Fedtards are more than pleased already and expect Fed to take a beatdown tomorrow, we'll still love you
bokehlicious is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 11:24 PM   #130
country flag FedFan_2007

FedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond repute

Djoko deserves to be bashed. If he was hurting that bad, he should have raised his hand and retired during the 2-2 game. Yet he waited until he got broke and immediately retired. What a *joke*
FedFan_2007 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 11:25 PM   #131
country flag Allure
Fan of Mugs

Allure has a reputation beyond reputeAllure has a reputation beyond reputeAllure has a reputation beyond reputeAllure has a reputation beyond reputeAllure has a reputation beyond reputeAllure has a reputation beyond reputeAllure has a reputation beyond reputeAllure has a reputation beyond reputeAllure has a reputation beyond reputeAllure has a reputation beyond reputeAllure has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceLeeAlmighty View Post
Very classy posts by a classy federer fan.
I'm as classy as any Djoko fan.
Kudryavtseva def. Sharapova 6-2, 6-4
Tipsarevic def. Roddick 6-7, 7-5, 6-4, 7-6
Dancevic def. Nalbandian 6-4, 6-2, 6-4
Zheng def. Ivanovic 6-1, 6-4
Tanasugarn def. Jankovic 6-3, 6-2
Radwanska def. Kuznetsova 6-4, 1-6, 7-5
Allure is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 11:37 PM   #132
country flag RagingLamb
Motherhater

RagingLamb has a reputation beyond reputeRagingLamb has a reputation beyond reputeRagingLamb has a reputation beyond reputeRagingLamb has a reputation beyond reputeRagingLamb has a reputation beyond reputeRagingLamb has a reputation beyond reputeRagingLamb has a reputation beyond reputeRagingLamb has a reputation beyond reputeRagingLamb has a reputation beyond reputeRagingLamb has a reputation beyond reputeRagingLamb has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesonofgray View Post
...which is the reason I rarely come here to read or post (as well as quite a few other tennis fans I know). It's a shame, really, since there is a lot of good info and analysis here, but it's like finding a few needles in a barn filled with haystacks.

It's kind of funny...the first day I joined MTF (but after much lurking) I spent half an hour in one thread reporting all of the posts I found to be insulting/degrading/offensive/what-have-you. But I quickly realized nearly ALL of the threads on this forum had and will have just as much, if not more, virtual defecation in them, so it simply wasn't worth it.

I'm a member of many online communities, tennis-focused and otherwise, and I can honestly say that the conduct here at MTF would be tolerated at NONE of them.

As a Moderator at MTF, I'm relieved to read your distaste for the awful conduct here. But why don't you and the rest of the MTF team do something about it? Sure, you'll lose some members but their contribution here was nil to begin with. And you'll most likely gain valuable members with half a brain in the process.

In the other forums I belong to, moderators have no fear in using the warn, ban, and delete function, and it makes those places all the better. I would suggest (IMHO) that the MTF moderator team do the same, if not for the sanity of yourselves, then for the sake of this board.

I'll probably go now and stay away from MTF just long enough for me to naively think that there's something thoughtful and worthwhile to read and discuss on this forum.

that's what I wondered when I first joined. set clear rules, and enforce them.

it'll really improve the quality of the forum. think of how many insightful people stay away from MTF because of its childish nature. we only have something to gain from discipline.

I'd like to become a mod and help out, but don't know how to do it.
Old 04-26-2008, 11:37 PM   #133
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I'm as classy as any Djoko fan.
Djoko fans don't proclaim themselves classy like those Fed fans in this thread. But if you claim you're classless, who am I to argue with you.

And the classless remarks about Djoko fans are also claimed by some Fed fans, not Djoko fans.
Old 04-26-2008, 11:42 PM   #134
country flag Allure
Fan of Mugs

Allure has a reputation beyond reputeAllure has a reputation beyond reputeAllure has a reputation beyond reputeAllure has a reputation beyond reputeAllure has a reputation beyond reputeAllure has a reputation beyond reputeAllure has a reputation beyond reputeAllure has a reputation beyond reputeAllure has a reputation beyond reputeAllure has a reputation beyond reputeAllure has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Djoko fans don't proclaim themselves classy like those Fed fans in this thread. But if you claim you're classless, who am I to argue with you.

And the classless remarks about Djoko fans are also claimed by some Fed fans, not Djoko fans.
So you're basically admitting that Djokotards are classless.
Kudryavtseva def. Sharapova 6-2, 6-4
Tipsarevic def. Roddick 6-7, 7-5, 6-4, 7-6
Dancevic def. Nalbandian 6-4, 6-2, 6-4
Zheng def. Ivanovic 6-1, 6-4
Tanasugarn def. Jankovic 6-3, 6-2
Radwanska def. Kuznetsova 6-4, 1-6, 7-5
Allure is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 11:44 PM   #135
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Quote:

Quote:
So you're basically admitting that Djokotards are classless.
reading comprehension?