Time For A New Coach - Page 7 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-31-2008, 05:51 PM   #91
country flag NicoFan

NicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Time For A New Coach

No, it would probably end up being an Argentine.

Nothing against the Argentines - they are great coaches - but Nico needs a complete change. The Argentines are good for clay. Nico needs someone who will make him afraid to lose and focus on his hardcourt game. Not a friend. He's got enough of those on the circuit.
NicoFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-31-2008, 06:04 PM   #92
country flag kidnicky
Could it be any harder...

kidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond repute

actually NicoFan, I'm sure that the argentinian coaches are good also for hardcourt game, but you're forgetting that our main problem here is that our little Nico is the one who doesn't listen to his coaches that often ... Alex was telling me that Gaby was the one taking Nalbandian to that Wimbledon final (or it was semifinal? lol!) but nobody ever recognized his work, so the coach is a problem but also Nico is the other part of the problem

AC MILAN

Paolo Maldini
The second thing that gets better with age

kidnicky is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 07:25 PM   #93
country flag NicoFan

NicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond repute

I know...

Nico....
Old 02-04-2008, 03:25 AM   #94
country flag ChinoRios4Ever

ChinoRios4Ever has a reputation beyond reputeChinoRios4Ever has a reputation beyond reputeChinoRios4Ever has a reputation beyond reputeChinoRios4Ever has a reputation beyond reputeChinoRios4Ever has a reputation beyond reputeChinoRios4Ever has a reputation beyond reputeChinoRios4Ever has a reputation beyond reputeChinoRios4Ever has a reputation beyond reputeChinoRios4Ever has a reputation beyond reputeChinoRios4Ever has a reputation beyond reputeChinoRios4Ever has a reputation beyond repute

I support Pato this time... the problem is Nico, not him... humble opinion...

plis SHUT UP THE IDIOT VILAS FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!!!!!

what about De La Peña coaching Nico?

TT Rankings: #62 (S) & #92 (D).
Results Singles: W Auckland 09, Washington 09, Acapulco 10, 's-Hertogenbosch 10 & Fürth CH 08, F Bucharest 10, 's-Hertogenbosch 11 & Bucaramanga CH 09.
Results Doubles: W Bogota CH 08 (w/ClaudiuS), F Acapulco 09 (w/lucho_coria), Bucaramanga CH 09 (w/Gallina), ROLAND GARROS 09, Los Angeles 09 (w/juakos17) & Sunrise CH 10 (w/hallso).
ChinoRios4Ever is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 12:09 PM   #95
country flag NicoFan

I agree, the problem is Nico.

You're a big sports fan, Felipe. You know that a good coach can always help. And sometimes make a huge difference.

Pato is a troublemaker too. And only cares about everyone looking at him and telling him how great he is. We saw that with the La Familia de Tenis fiasco.

As for Horacio, I've always liked him as a coach. He was an excellent coach for Fernando, but when I used to watch Fernando practicing with Horacio, he never would listen to Horacio on the big things. He would make faces and just do what he wanted. Now Stefanki gets all the glory...kind of like Pato got when Nico won the gold medal but it was Gaby who taught Nico everything.
Old 02-04-2008, 05:40 PM   #96
country flag kidnicky

kidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond repute

those 2 are more alike than we'd have ever thought right?!

I'll only support Pato if I see Nico winning again, the problem is him of course but it never hurts getting a coach that actually works with him and is not even looking at his practices like if he were just another part of the crowd

AC MILAN

Paolo Maldini

Old 04-25-2008, 11:04 AM   #97
country flag NicoFan

bump...

What are you waiting for Nico??????????????????????????????

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!! PLEASE GET A NEW COACH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And NOT one from Chile or Argentine.

PLEASE THINK OUTSIDE THE BOX!!!!!! A European coach, an American coach, someone who can help you with your hardcourt game, a surface you can do well on, a surface you need to do well on as you get older.

And PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!! Show your fans some sign that you are planning to make some kind of changes. That you are looking for a new coach. That you are planning to do something to move back up.

(Sorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry I had to do this. I'm so freaking frustrated and I have to vent somewhere!!! )

Last edited by NicoFan : 04-25-2008 at 11:20 AM.
Old 04-25-2008, 11:37 AM   #98
country flag LOVELY

LOVELY has a reputation beyond reputeLOVELY has a reputation beyond reputeLOVELY has a reputation beyond reputeLOVELY has a reputation beyond reputeLOVELY has a reputation beyond reputeLOVELY has a reputation beyond reputeLOVELY has a reputation beyond reputeLOVELY has a reputation beyond reputeLOVELY has a reputation beyond reputeLOVELY has a reputation beyond reputeLOVELY has a reputation beyond repute

Changing the coach is not the answer to Nico's problems of confidence

http://nico-massu.over-blog.com/

Nico Massu

Follow through,Make your dreams come true,Don't give up the fight,You will be allright,Cause there's no one like you in the universe (Muse)
LOVELY is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 12:27 PM   #99
country flag Alx
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Alx has a reputation beyond reputeAlx has a reputation beyond reputeAlx has a reputation beyond reputeAlx has a reputation beyond reputeAlx has a reputation beyond reputeAlx has a reputation beyond reputeAlx has a reputation beyond reputeAlx has a reputation beyond reputeAlx has a reputation beyond reputeAlx has a reputation beyond reputeAlx has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not sure improving his game on hard court because he gets older is a good reason. Playing on hard courts causes more injuries than playing on clay or grass. So IMO you should avoid playing too much on hard court when you get older.

Nicolas Massu

Fernando Gonzalez

Vince "move your butt" Spadea Les ptits potes Victor Hanescu

Alx is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 01:16 PM   #100
country flag NicoFan

A good coach always helps with a player's confidence. The commentators were talking about that on the international feed from Monte Carlo this morning. About how a good coach can make a player comfortable, motivate them, and give them confidence. Most athletes will tell you that a good coach makes a lot of difference - in any sport. What's he paying a coach for if a coach doesn't make a difference? So yes, I really do believe that a good coach can help Nico with his confidence. And I don't think that it's just confidence. He's not playing well either.

As he gets older and can't rely on his speed on the clay court as much, he'll need to use a bit more power and shorten the points. Gaby told him that he had to change his game, and I thought they were working on that based on Gaby's comments in the press. Nico also commented on it as well at one point.

And his game is far more suited to hardcourt than clay. He knows it too - he's also commented on that. But he says that he prefers clay. Well sometimes you have to do things that you don't want to do. The more he plays hardcourts, the more comfortable he'll be. He's not a child anymore - he has to make these decisions like an adult.

(And no, I'm not saying this because I'm an American and LOVE hardcourts. Actually I hate hardcourts as much as Nico does. I really love clay, and the clay style of play. But I'm thinking of what is best for Nico. ).

Choosing Pato again as a coach was a bad decision (wasn't a good decision the first time either - that's why Nico fired him).
Old 04-25-2008, 01:18 PM   #101
country flag kidnicky

I don't know if he needs to improve his game on hard courts, the truth is that he is not winning anymore on clay that it's the most worrying situation here! and like his dad said a couple of weeks ago, this is just like football, if you're not seeing results with a coach you've to look for another option, of course this is not only the coach's fault, but if this "new" coach couldn't do anything to help him then it's time to get a new one and I don't know maybe a trip to the mountains, India, to some budist temple or whatever it takes to get that confidence back and believe that he still can win for Godnessake!!

AC MILAN

Paolo Maldini

Old 04-25-2008, 01:33 PM   #102
country flag NicoFan

Kid - I agree, a lot of this is in his head. And I've said before that I thought he needed to take some time off and get his head together.

Fernando was quoted in the last couple of days that he thinks that Nico needs to enjoy himself on court more. I agree totally with Fernando. Fer says that they talk all the time so I'm figuring that he's said it to Nico also. I remember a couple of years ago that Nico wasn't having fun anymore. He seemed miserable. And even last summer, he just didn't seem like he liked the game anymore. Everyone got mad at me because I said he should retire, but to me, if you aren't doing what you love, it's not worth the effort. Find what you love, and do that. But that's just my humble opinion.

So part of it is a coach (someone who can motivate him again) and part of it is up to him - I think he has to find the joy in the game again. And if he can't find that joy on court again, maybe it's time to do something else in the game - coach, whatever.

I want Nico to be happy, and everytime I've watched him the last two summers, he's completely miserable.
Old 04-25-2008, 01:43 PM   #103
country flag kidnicky

I also agree with you in that part about loving the game, but since he keeps saying that he loves what he does and that he still want to play tennis then it's why I said that he needs to find a freaking solution for his situation 'cause like he said, it's not the end of the world to have a bad time in your career once in a while, but this "bad time" it's almost since 2 years ago so what is he waiting?!?!

And I'll repeat this for the rest of my life, Fernando is the one that should quit tennis and become Nico's coach

AC MILAN

Paolo Maldini

Old 04-25-2008, 01:51 PM   #104
country flag NicoFan

He is much more calm with Fernando than anyone else. But don't think Fernando is retiring anytime soon.

I know, he says he loves tennis. But he sure as heck doesn't look like he loves anything about tennis at all when you see him in person.

And it has been two years. He keeps saying that every player has a "right" to have a low point in their careers. I don't know what having a "right" has to do with it but yes, he's correct that every player does have a couple of low points in their careers. But when it lasts for two years, everyone is going to talk about it and something has to be done about it. And I would argue that it's been longer than that...he started to slide down right after the Olympics.

Even though I've thought of walking away from supporting him, it will never happen because I do love him and even though he doesn't know that I'm rooting for him, I just couldn't abandon rooting for him.

But I wish I could go on strike. Get a sign and march around his matches in protest until he makes some changes.
Old 04-25-2008, 02:04 PM   #105
country flag kidnicky

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoFan View Post
But I wish I could go on strike. Get a sign and march around his matches in protest until he makes some changes.

now how could will that be?? it's such a shame that we're not going to see him this year both of us at the same time otherwise I'd join you in that march in his matches with big signs that we're about to go on strike if he doesn't make changes

and well Fernando isn't playing that much this year so we could consider to offer him an alternate career don't you think? I don't know why but he is the only one who Nico doesn't yell at, at all

AC MILAN

Paolo Maldini