excuse me - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 04-13-2008, 10:01 AM   #1
azza

azza has a reputation beyond reputeazza has a reputation beyond reputeazza has a reputation beyond reputeazza has a reputation beyond reputeazza has a reputation beyond reputeazza has a reputation beyond reputeazza has a reputation beyond reputeazza has a reputation beyond reputeazza has a reputation beyond reputeazza has a reputation beyond reputeazza has a reputation beyond repute
Default excuse me

someone explain why the hell i double fault about 289482 times a game i throw the ball up high enough i keep my fuking left arm up i dont let it get to low like wtf

get me into a rally and il kick ur ass but to get to a rally i need the ball to go into that box u no ****.

k kelp
Advertisement

Old 04-13-2008, 12:39 PM   #2
country flag jazar

jazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: excuse me

you might be hitting down on the ball, which will make it go into the net. you need to hit up still and really on spin to bring the ball down in time
jazar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 06:20 PM   #3
country flag Bernard Black

Bernard Black has a reputation beyond reputeBernard Black has a reputation beyond reputeBernard Black has a reputation beyond reputeBernard Black has a reputation beyond reputeBernard Black has a reputation beyond reputeBernard Black has a reputation beyond reputeBernard Black has a reputation beyond reputeBernard Black has a reputation beyond reputeBernard Black has a reputation beyond reputeBernard Black has a reputation beyond reputeBernard Black has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like a nightmare scenario. I'm lucky I've never really had the yips with my serve, I've done 3 consecutive doubles a couple of times before though which feels pretty bad!

The only advice I can give is to practice practice practice. Get your serve so solid that the thought of hitting a double fault will never enter your head. Also, how good is your first serve? At high standards of tennis, you should be hitting the second serve as hard as your first but applying more top-spin to bring it down into the court or hitting around the side of the ball to apply slice. Check out any tennis manuals or youtube vids for how to hit a top-spin / slice serve if you don't know, or just ask a coach.

If you have matches coming up pretty soon, then just hit the serve really slow to get it in, or even hit an under-arm serve. Of course, your opponent will most likely pummel it, but at least they have to work for the point rather than you giving them a freebie.
Bernard Black is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 04:21 AM   #4
country flag HKz
Hakeem

HKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond repute

If you are seriously double faulting a lot, all you can do is go back to the basics:

1. Keep your head up watching the racket make contact with the ball; don't bring your head down too quick
2. Don't toss too high
3. Hit through the ball towards the box, not down onto
4. Make sure your left foot (if you are right handed) points somewhere around the net post to your right

The biggest thing to make sure to do when your serve is not working, is to not panick and try to serve harder, faster, etc. You have to calm down and make sure your mechanics are correct and then you can start adding the pace again.
HKz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote