Let's hope David can slice and dice his opponents at the home of Miami Vice - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-29-2008, 10:14 AM   #46
country flag Joyce_23

Joyce_23 has a reputation beyond reputeJoyce_23 has a reputation beyond reputeJoyce_23 has a reputation beyond reputeJoyce_23 has a reputation beyond reputeJoyce_23 has a reputation beyond reputeJoyce_23 has a reputation beyond reputeJoyce_23 has a reputation beyond reputeJoyce_23 has a reputation beyond reputeJoyce_23 has a reputation beyond reputeJoyce_23 has a reputation beyond reputeJoyce_23 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Let's hope David can slice and dice his opponents at the home of Miami Vice

I knew there was something, of course it's rallying. Oh well, it's his career not mine. I think that I'm the only one hoping that he will play Sampras. I know the timing is terrible but that would mean that my two faves of all time play against eachother. Even if it's just an exho. But...I'll put my own selfish attitude aside and hope they will play some other time. For now, have fun Dave.

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid it will never truely begin.
Joyce_23 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-29-2008, 10:18 AM   #47
country flag krystlel

krystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Let's hope David can slice and dice his opponents at the home of Miami Vice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyce_23 View Post
I knew there was something, of course it's rallying. Oh well, it's his career not mine. I think that I'm the only one hoping that he will play Sampras. I know the timing is terrible but that would mean that my two faves of all time play against eachother. Even if it's just an exho. But...I'll put my own selfish attitude aside and hope they will play some other time. For now, have fun Dave.
It's not only the timing though, the travelling back and forth and change of surface leading up to the French.
krystlel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 10:25 AM   #48
country flag LeChuck

LeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond repute

Playing in a fast indoor hardcourt exho sandwiched in-between claycourt events, would be silly. Hopefully he'll give it a miss.
LeChuck is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 10:39 AM   #49
country flag gambit84

gambit84 has a reputation beyond reputegambit84 has a reputation beyond reputegambit84 has a reputation beyond reputegambit84 has a reputation beyond reputegambit84 has a reputation beyond reputegambit84 has a reputation beyond reputegambit84 has a reputation beyond reputegambit84 has a reputation beyond reputegambit84 has a reputation beyond reputegambit84 has a reputation beyond reputegambit84 has a reputation beyond repute

well you know David is crazy, this year he's convinced he has great chances to win the RG and so many clay tournaments he probably will play but, according to me, his best surfaces are hard court and indoor carpet and so I think he sould improve his serve and play many tournaments on hard courts

Old 03-29-2008, 10:51 AM   #50
country flag LeChuck

LeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond repute

After David's defeat to Fish at IW, there was one poster who supported Nalbandian (I think that guy has been banned for having multiple IDs), that said that the defeat made him so sick to the stomach that he couldn't bring himself to eat
Old 03-29-2008, 01:00 PM   #51
country flag my0118

my0118 has a reputation beyond reputemy0118 has a reputation beyond reputemy0118 has a reputation beyond reputemy0118 has a reputation beyond reputemy0118 has a reputation beyond reputemy0118 has a reputation beyond reputemy0118 has a reputation beyond reputemy0118 has a reputation beyond reputemy0118 has a reputation beyond reputemy0118 has a reputation beyond reputemy0118 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getta View Post
Who gives a shit about the rankings? Definitely not me.

What attracts me to a man is his collection of trophies.
Me
I wanted him to be ranked as high as possible. Actually my big hope for David was him to be no. 1 one day even though it's pretty hard to expect. I don't want him to be called former no.3 or something. But right now I just want him to go up to no.4 at least, and it's not impossible.
And I'm pretty sure that his trophy collection definietly relates to his ranking.
my0118 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 09:32 PM   #52
country flag Joyce_23

Joyce_23 has a reputation beyond reputeJoyce_23 has a reputation beyond reputeJoyce_23 has a reputation beyond reputeJoyce_23 has a reputation beyond reputeJoyce_23 has a reputation beyond reputeJoyce_23 has a reputation beyond reputeJoyce_23 has a reputation beyond reputeJoyce_23 has a reputation beyond reputeJoyce_23 has a reputation beyond reputeJoyce_23 has a reputation beyond reputeJoyce_23 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeChuck View Post
Playing in a fast indoor hardcourt exho sandwiched in-between claycourt events, would be silly. Hopefully he'll give it a miss.
Ok, ok....I'll give in to logic arguments. He would be dumb to play the exho. Darn!

Old 03-29-2008, 09:36 PM   #53
country flag LeChuck

Quote:
Ok, ok....I'll give in to logic arguments. He would be dumb to play the exho. Darn!
I do understand where you're coming from though. I'm also a Sampras fan and I would like to see them play each other in exho, if they could find a more convenient time for David that fit into his schedule better. If Pete hadn't lost to Bastl in the 2nd round at Wimbledon 2002, he would have come up against David in the 3rd round. It's a pity that they never played each during the short window that they were the both active on the tour.

Last edited by LeChuck : 03-29-2008 at 09:48 PM.
Old 03-30-2008, 03:39 AM   #54
country flag Naina

Naina has a reputation beyond reputeNaina has a reputation beyond reputeNaina has a reputation beyond reputeNaina has a reputation beyond reputeNaina has a reputation beyond reputeNaina has a reputation beyond reputeNaina has a reputation beyond reputeNaina has a reputation beyond reputeNaina has a reputation beyond reputeNaina has a reputation beyond reputeNaina has a reputation beyond repute

He is never going to change, is he? Lets hope he has fun doing the rally thing and come for european claycourt swing prepared and focused. Thank God Argentina isn't in Europe. we dont want to worrying about Euro 2008 during wimbledon.

About the exho, I dont think he should play it. the clay court season is so hectic cause of the olympics that he needs to conserve energy.
Nalbandian.Safin.Mathieu.
Naina is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 10:07 AM   #55
country flag Joyce_23

Quote:
I do understand where you're coming from though. I'm also a Sampras fan and I would like to see them play each other in exho, if they could find a more convenient time for David that fit into his schedule better. If Pete hadn't lost to Bastl in the 2nd round at Wimbledon 2002, he would have come up against David in the 3rd round. It's a pity that they never played each during the short window that they were the both active on the tour.
I never like to think about that match against Bastl. That was one of the worst tennismatches I ever saw. It litterally hurt to see him struggle out there on that damn court where they should have never put him in the first place. I still get mad thinking about it. You give a man with 7 Wimbledon titles a court that suits him, end of story. In the end it dubble sucked, they never got to play against eachother and Sampras had to say goodbye to Wimbledon on court 2.

Old 03-30-2008, 10:54 AM   #56
country flag LeChuck

Quote:
I never like to think about that match against Bastl. That was one of the worst tennismatches I ever saw. It litterally hurt to see him struggle out there on that damn court where they should have never put him in the first place. I still get mad thinking about it. You give a man with 7 Wimbledon titles a court that suits him, end of story. In the end it dubble sucked, they never got to play against eachother and Sampras had to say goodbye to Wimbledon on court 2.
Yes after all the great memories and matches that he had at Wimbledon, that wasn't the best way for him to say goodbye at his favourite tournament, nor the court for him to do so on.
The image of him sitting down after the match, looking so upset and staring at his racket, wasn't good to see. I think many people in the media thought that his was time was up then, but thankfully he proved them wrong and went out with a blaze of glory at the US Open later that year .
Old 03-31-2008, 09:32 PM   #57
country flag Joyce_23

Quote:
Yes after all the great memories and matches that he had at Wimbledon, that wasn't the best way for him to say goodbye at his favourite tournament, nor the court for him to do so on.
The image of him sitting down after the match, looking so upset and staring at his racket, wasn't good to see. I think many people in the media thought that his was time was up then, but thankfully he proved them wrong and went out with a blaze of glory at the US Open later that year .
Yeah, luckily it turned out ok in the end but I still wish he would have gone out in style at Wimbledon too. We can't have it all I guess.
Hmmm, wasn't this the Nalby forum? I kinda changed the topic, sorry!

Old 03-31-2008, 11:04 PM   #58
country flag LeChuck

Quote:
Yeah, luckily it turned out ok in the end but I still wish he would have gone out in style at Wimbledon too. We can't have it all I guess.
Hmmm, wasn't this the Nalby forum? I kinda changed the topic, sorry!
Yes at least he has plenty of positive memories at Wimbledon to overshadow that Bastl defeat.
Since David was knocked out at Miami early, and we don't have anything else to talk about regarding that, I don't see any harm in us putting this thread to some use
Old 04-03-2008, 04:42 AM   #59
country flag the_natural

the_natural has a reputation beyond reputethe_natural has a reputation beyond reputethe_natural has a reputation beyond reputethe_natural has a reputation beyond reputethe_natural has a reputation beyond reputethe_natural has a reputation beyond reputethe_natural has a reputation beyond reputethe_natural has a reputation beyond reputethe_natural has a reputation beyond reputethe_natural has a reputation beyond reputethe_natural has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by krystlel View Post
It's not only the timing though, the travelling back and forth and change of surface leading up to the French.
I think the saem thing happened to pete back in 94, its when he sustained the injury during davis cup before the American Hard Court season (he was out till the USO i believe) because of the rapid surfaces changes between dc and what the tour was doing.

The mentality and just the pure habitual sliding on clay is so dangerous when you go back to hard courts ESPECIALLY when its a sudden change....

I hope he doesnt hurt himself.
the_natural is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote