Time up? - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-25-2008, 02:56 PM   #1
country flag guille&tati4life

guille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond repute
Default Time up?

Obviously we're all massive fans of Guillermo, but I think the question needs to be asked. I'd be surprised if any of us who have stuck with him this long would stop supporting him just cos he's losing, I know as long as he's on tour I'll support him every match. However, after the result today I seriously doubt he'll ever make it back to the top 100, in fact, I seriously doubt he'll make it to the top 300.

Now, that's ok with me, I can handle supporting a guy who can only play at a low level, but will Guille play on like that?

I hope that he plays on, hell, I hope he proves me wrong, but I highly doubt it.

Do you think he will retire by the end of the year?
Advertisement

Old 03-25-2008, 04:09 PM   #2
country flag lucho_coria

lucho_coria has a reputation beyond reputelucho_coria has a reputation beyond reputelucho_coria has a reputation beyond reputelucho_coria has a reputation beyond reputelucho_coria has a reputation beyond reputelucho_coria has a reputation beyond reputelucho_coria has a reputation beyond reputelucho_coria has a reputation beyond reputelucho_coria has a reputation beyond reputelucho_coria has a reputation beyond reputelucho_coria has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Time up?

I dont know Paul , is very difficult that question , knowing Guille he wont retire , but then of the match of today i have not more faith in he , always i will support him but guille cannot lost with one man that lost this year in singles against one brother Bryan in clay ,

is very dificult and i am very sad , very sad

Eduardo Schwank

http://eduardoschwank.blogspot.com
Nico Massu - Agustin Calleri - Gisela Dulko - Pitu Salerni
lucho_coria is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 04:28 PM   #3
country flag fabolous

fabolous has a reputation beyond reputefabolous has a reputation beyond reputefabolous has a reputation beyond reputefabolous has a reputation beyond reputefabolous has a reputation beyond reputefabolous has a reputation beyond reputefabolous has a reputation beyond reputefabolous has a reputation beyond reputefabolous has a reputation beyond reputefabolous has a reputation beyond reputefabolous has a reputation beyond repute

fair question to ask after his recent results. i am not blind and guille is not blind, too. like you said, i will support him in every match and i won't give up hope. but on the other side i don't want to see him constantly losing to challenger players. i don't want to see the shadow of a former top-3-player walking on a tennis court, embarrassing himself with hundreds of DFs. so if he calls it a day, i have to understand and accept it.

i think guillermo himself is of two minds at the moment: on the one hand he hates playing so bad and losing all the time, on the other hand he's still trying and he doesn't want to quit with such awful results. the question is, how long will his determination to come back last? i might say, if we don't get some good results this year, he will retire, but this is only a guess.
fabolous is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 05:51 PM   #4
country flag Fedeze14_gc

Fedeze14_gc has a reputation beyond reputeFedeze14_gc has a reputation beyond reputeFedeze14_gc has a reputation beyond reputeFedeze14_gc has a reputation beyond reputeFedeze14_gc has a reputation beyond reputeFedeze14_gc has a reputation beyond reputeFedeze14_gc has a reputation beyond reputeFedeze14_gc has a reputation beyond reputeFedeze14_gc has a reputation beyond reputeFedeze14_gc has a reputation beyond reputeFedeze14_gc has a reputation beyond repute

i'm bit sad because i see how his fans are starting to think that he won't come back or at least are losing their hopes....

i think that we aren't seeing further the result

it's ok, eschauer isn't the best player, but he is top 100

coria lost 26 61 75

he won a set, he played great at least at two sets, he was even near to win, but well, guille has mind problem, it all depends from him, and i'm sure that he is trying really hard to come back, agassi had to play challengers to come back too...so, we just gotta look forward and wait what happen then, say ok he lost let's see the next one, and donot stand thinking that he won't come back anymore...

i'm sure and i hope he will win! i don't know when, i don't know where, but he will do!

i won't never lose my hopes

cause guillermo coria isn't just a tennis player

he is a feeling for me too

VAMOS CORIA!!!!
Old 03-25-2008, 09:00 PM   #5
country flag gambit84

gambit84 has a reputation beyond reputegambit84 has a reputation beyond reputegambit84 has a reputation beyond reputegambit84 has a reputation beyond reputegambit84 has a reputation beyond reputegambit84 has a reputation beyond reputegambit84 has a reputation beyond reputegambit84 has a reputation beyond reputegambit84 has a reputation beyond reputegambit84 has a reputation beyond reputegambit84 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedeze14_gc View Post
i'm bit sad because i see how his fans are starting to think that he won't come back or at least are losing their hopes....

i think that we aren't seeing further the result

it's ok, eschauer isn't the best player, but he is top 100

coria lost 26 61 75

he won a set, he played great at least at two sets, he was even near to win, but well, guille has mind problem, it all depends from him, and i'm sure that he is trying really hard to come back, agassi had to play challengers to come back too...so, we just gotta look forward and wait what happen then, say ok he lost let's see the next one, and donot stand thinking that he won't come back anymore...

i'm sure and i hope he will win! i don't know when, i don't know where, but he will do!

VAMOS CORIA!!!!
I'm agree with Federico

FAITH
Old 03-25-2008, 09:17 PM   #6
country flag Truc

Truc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond repute

Funny you seem to say today's match in particular is crushing any hope, lucho.
I don't think it was that bad today, at least it was very close, he's had worse defeats.

As for me, I don't have much hope, but as long as there is a tiny chance, I'll be annoyed if he gives up without having really tried. With "really try" I mean to play every week and not stop again after a couple of matches and then start from the scratch again.
Truc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 11:28 PM   #7
country flag daze11

daze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedeze14_gc View Post

VAMOS CORIA!!!!
that was true poetry. the unicorns are well pleased. and therefore, i say in honesty, you are right in your hope. coria always attracts unicorns....

translation: sometimes what is yet unseen... is best seen... by eyes that believe in something hiding beyond all appearances.

K I N G C O R I A . C O M
I am a PROUD 'Coron'! VIVA EL MAGO!

daze11 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 11:31 PM   #8
country flag Guille's Girl

Guille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond repute

You know what, "annoyed" is a perfect word to describe how I would feel if he decided to quit now.
Back when he lost a match badly in Acapulco in '06, I think...after that he said he felt like quitting and it just pissed me off. I mean I was so pissed off. Like, here's the man who came back 3 months after frickin surgery, plays sick all the time, plays injured all the time, a man who once was one of only three players to be in a final on 3 surfaces in '04 (the other 2 Feds and Roddick), number three in the world once upon a time, top ten for 3 consecutive years right? and then......he gon' quit. Mutha f*cka ain't NEVAH quit, and den he jus gon quit? Bullshit! I mean that was complete bullshit to me. Then he backtracked and said he never thought about quitting but of course, he was lying. Yes, I would be very annoyed if he quit.

The Agassi comparison is always brought up and it gives folks a bit of sunshine. But what went along with Andre's comeback was the complete change of heart, mind, attitude, character AND game. And he had someone like Reyes to frickin..I dunno, make him believe something. I think that Andre felt he was not only playing for the sake of being great or simply "for others," and before his comeback, I don't think he really loved it. But the realization of what he had been gifted with..it must've come as an insane revelation that God put him here to do, be and live everything tennis, and from tennis he would recieve and give so much. Aw damn I miss Andre. ANDRREEEEE!!!!

Guille has had a revelation of sorts, but not as profound as Andre. For instance, does he think about his continuing problem with df's? Or does he get a rush from just smelling the clay, and happy-go-lucky he's frickin out there?? Of course Andre had Reyes as his morale support, so I think that is something that's missing. There's Carla, yes, but she ain't no Bridgette Wilson (or Carlos Rodriguez). Instead he's got his dad saying he wants him to quit. Grand. Thanks dear father

I think an important question to ask is, what is he aiming for? One last good showing so he can retire?? Cuz that's what it looks like, though he may say different.

Also, I think he really needs inspiration. He's said constantly that he's "very motivated". I see being "motivated" as willing to do something. Inspiration on the other hand gives someone faith and belief in themselves or something.

Finally...I can't give up on the guy. Even if I wanted to! I can't do it. I do believe he can comeback and do something that will even make the haters rejoice. He has that skill and ability. But does he have everything else that goes along with it?

Someday, we'll all be free.

!*~Guillermo Sebastian Mago Coria~*!
Guille's Girl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 02:50 AM   #9
country flag PinkFeatherBoa

PinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond repute

Most of what I was going to say has been summed up above but overall I just feel like as long as Guille is out there still trying to fight, I won't be retiring my hope yet and i hope the same for Guille. Whilst losing matches like today's are surely frustrating, it still seems premature for him to quit-he seemed close to the win and who really knows if these could soon going his way, with time. I just think it's too soon in his 'comeback' to reach these conclusions.
I just think wait and see at this stage but retirement would be gutless at this stage and I hope that guille has more fight and courage than that...

Maybe the sky will fall?
Allez Gasquet~Mathieu~Wawrinka~Mannarino~+++
PinkFeatherBoa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 11:30 AM   #10
country flag gambit84

gambit84 has a reputation beyond reputegambit84 has a reputation beyond reputegambit84 has a reputation beyond reputegambit84 has a reputation beyond reputegambit84 has a reputation beyond reputegambit84 has a reputation beyond reputegambit84 has a reputation beyond reputegambit84 has a reputation beyond reputegambit84 has a reputation beyond reputegambit84 has a reputation beyond reputegambit84 has a reputation beyond repute

the next week I'll can see him in training in the Napoli Challenger.
I think this will be fundamental to see how he play without match tension.

However Guille is an all around player with various shots and geometrical sense (look at his passing shots) but he hasn't a decisive shot like the Federer forehand or Nalbandian backhand and I think for this kind of players recover the optimal tennis condition is very hard because all have to be ok but in the past his power was especially in his mental strenght but now it appears like he have lost it and this is the big problem. I wanna see him playng to try understand
Old 03-26-2008, 04:25 PM   #11
country flag daze11

daze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gambit84 View Post
the next week I'll can see him in training in the Napoli Challenger.
I think this will be fundamental to see how he play without match tension.

However Guille is an all around player with various shots and geometrical sense (look at his passing shots) but he hasn't a decisive shot like the Federer forehand or Nalbandian backhand and I think for this kind of players recover the optimal tennis condition is very hard because all have to be ok but in the past his power was especially in his mental strenght but now it appears like he have lost it and this is the big problem. I wanna see him playng to try understand
his decisive shot is his creativity. his mental strength SUPPORTED the creativity but they are slightly separate, and it is not a weapon to be under-estimated...it can do a lot more to frustrate & chip away at an opponent than a good backhand.

its funny, but 'guille' has a meaning in english, 'guile' which means specifically 'insidious cunning in attaining a goal; artful shrewdness as demonstrated by being skilled in deception; crafty' ... so his cleverness is part of his natural personal stamp. but the 'work out regimine' for THAT skill is all confidence and self-belief, ie, inner work.

K I N G C O R I A . C O M
I am a PROUD 'Coron'! VIVA EL MAGO!

daze11 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 11:21 PM   #12
country flag lucho_coria

lucho_coria has a reputation beyond reputelucho_coria has a reputation beyond reputelucho_coria has a reputation beyond reputelucho_coria has a reputation beyond reputelucho_coria has a reputation beyond reputelucho_coria has a reputation beyond reputelucho_coria has a reputation beyond reputelucho_coria has a reputation beyond reputelucho_coria has a reputation beyond reputelucho_coria has a reputation beyond reputelucho_coria has a reputation beyond repute

sorry people yesterday I was very sad after the defeat of guille and I said things that i not to have said
Now Is confirmed the WC in Napoli and my hopes were renewed.

camon Guille

It is the first time after his return that is going to play two consecutive weeks, is going to have continuity, camon coria

Eduardo Schwank

http://eduardoschwank.blogspot.com
Nico Massu - Agustin Calleri - Gisela Dulko - Pitu Salerni
lucho_coria is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 11:47 PM   #13
country flag Fedeze14_gc

Fedeze14_gc has a reputation beyond reputeFedeze14_gc has a reputation beyond reputeFedeze14_gc has a reputation beyond reputeFedeze14_gc has a reputation beyond reputeFedeze14_gc has a reputation beyond reputeFedeze14_gc has a reputation beyond reputeFedeze14_gc has a reputation beyond reputeFedeze14_gc has a reputation beyond reputeFedeze14_gc has a reputation beyond reputeFedeze14_gc has a reputation beyond reputeFedeze14_gc has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucho_coria View Post
It is the first time after his return that is going to play two consecutive weeks, is going to have continuity, camon coria

And that is what he needs!
Old 03-27-2008, 11:57 AM   #14
country flag CounterPuncher

CounterPuncher has a reputation beyond reputeCounterPuncher has a reputation beyond reputeCounterPuncher has a reputation beyond reputeCounterPuncher has a reputation beyond reputeCounterPuncher has a reputation beyond reputeCounterPuncher has a reputation beyond reputeCounterPuncher has a reputation beyond reputeCounterPuncher has a reputation beyond reputeCounterPuncher has a reputation beyond reputeCounterPuncher has a reputation beyond reputeCounterPuncher has a reputation beyond repute

Yes i think that to....
I still believe in Coria he will get back once....
slumps can go very long but if you keep fighting and believing you will make it.

i also had a slump for 1 1/2 years becaus a coach changed my forehand and the timing was nowhere and now i play twohanded forehand, there are many ways to get out of a slump! i also play high level ..not pro yet

so i say VAMOS CORIA !!!!

Visit: http://topspinsports.com
CounterPuncher is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 12:14 PM   #15
country flag guille&tati4life

guille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond repute

Shocking result against Cipolla now...
I'm still hopeful, but I get the feeling that if i wasn't a fan of his I'd rate his chances of a comeback as extremely low. Not that I expect one as it is