Djokovic - keep your shirt on! - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-13-2008, 11:55 AM   #31
country flag tennis2018

tennis2018 has a reputation beyond reputetennis2018 has a reputation beyond reputetennis2018 has a reputation beyond reputetennis2018 has a reputation beyond reputetennis2018 has a reputation beyond reputetennis2018 has a reputation beyond reputetennis2018 has a reputation beyond reputetennis2018 has a reputation beyond reputetennis2018 has a reputation beyond reputetennis2018 has a reputation beyond reputetennis2018 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Djokovic - keep your shirt on!

To all of you naysayers...I simply say ubu and let Djokovic b Djokovic...if he hurts your eyes in anyway turn your head or the channel...& most of all stop whining...I say he's the best thing to happen to the sport since Agassi...If you don't believe me just try googling some of the male players & check the various blogs & you will see the hits coming for this kid...the #s are phenominal and he is selling tickets when he plays like they are going out of style....get over yourselves...you should be ashamed...judging the way you are....clean up your own house before you try to tell someone else how to clean theirs
tennis2018 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-17-2008, 04:20 AM   #32
country flag empressdiver

empressdiver has a reputation beyond reputeempressdiver has a reputation beyond reputeempressdiver has a reputation beyond reputeempressdiver has a reputation beyond reputeempressdiver has a reputation beyond reputeempressdiver has a reputation beyond reputeempressdiver has a reputation beyond reputeempressdiver has a reputation beyond reputeempressdiver has a reputation beyond reputeempressdiver has a reputation beyond reputeempressdiver has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennis2018 View Post
To all of you naysayers...I simply say ubu and let Djokovic b Djokovic...if he hurts your eyes in anyway turn your head or the channel...& most of all stop whining...I say he's the best thing to happen to the sport since Agassi...If you don't believe me just try googling some of the male players & check the various blogs & you will see the hits coming for this kid...the #s are phenominal and he is selling tickets when he plays like they are going out of style....get over yourselves...you should be ashamed...judging the way you are....clean up your own house before you try to tell someone else how to clean theirs
Well, Connors and MacEnroe were also the best thing to happen to tennis, but should we have said, "Oh, just let Connors and MacEnroe be Connors and MacEnroe"? Obviously not - their obnoxious, vulgar behaviour on court was just not acceptable to most tennis fans no matter how talented they were as tennis players. Thankfully, that behaviour is not tolerated in today's game.

Its important that we should not compromise the integrity of the game to sell tickets. And yes, it does hurt my eyes to watch Djokovic celebrate half-naked, and the solution is not to turn my eyes away or change the channel - I want to be able to see pro tennis without the beefcake display. My complaints are not whining - they are constructive suggestions for the benefit of the game.

If anything, your post is a knee-jerk, defensive reaction which has not considered the longer term implications of your blind defence of Djokovic. Once you think it through, you might find that you have only embarrassed yourself.

I do not take my shirt off to celebrate a tennis match victory, and I treat people with respect in my posts, so my house does not need any cleaning, and therefore your allegation is totally irrelevant to the topic of this thread.
empressdiver is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 07:32 AM   #33
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute

empressdiver, I suggest you stay away from any tournament. Most of the male players practice without their shirts and there are some female players with sport bras or simply bras. Your eyes will be very hurt.
Lee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 09:12 PM   #34

empressdiver has a reputation beyond reputeempressdiver has a reputation beyond reputeempressdiver has a reputation beyond reputeempressdiver has a reputation beyond reputeempressdiver has a reputation beyond reputeempressdiver has a reputation beyond reputeempressdiver has a reputation beyond reputeempressdiver has a reputation beyond reputeempressdiver has a reputation beyond reputeempressdiver has a reputation beyond reputeempressdiver has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
empressdiver, I suggest you stay away from any tournament. Most of the male players practice without their shirts and there are some female players with sport bras or simply bras. Your eyes will be very hurt.
I live in Toronto and go to the Canadian Open every year for at least 3 or 4 days and get saturated with pro tennis - the men and women alternate every year. It definitely helps my own game.

In fact, there are only a very few male players that practice without a shirt, not most - your statement is an exaggeration. But that is still substantially different than celebrating on international TV coverage. However, even in practice at a tournament with the paying public watching, I think they should be wearing shirts, since they are reps of the ATP.

I see only a very few females practicing with sport bras and I don't have any problem with that. I have never seen a female pro practice with just a fashion bra and nothing more - I think you must be dreaming in technicolor - it would be a real piece of entertainment, and it certainly would not hurt my eyes, but again, that would not be appropriate as a dress code.

I think to analyze this issue in the best perspective, you have to project yourself in the position of an ATP executive who has to consider the many conflicting interests in a global market to make a good decision.
Old 03-18-2008, 12:50 AM   #35
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by empressdiver View Post
I live in Toronto and go to the Canadian Open every year for at least 3 or 4 days and get saturated with pro tennis - the men and women alternate every year. It definitely helps my own game.

In fact, there are only a very few male players that practice without a shirt, not most - your statement is an exaggeration. But that is still substantially different than celebrating on international TV coverage. However, even in practice at a tournament with the paying public watching, I think they should be wearing shirts, since they are reps of the ATP.
It's not in Canadian Open doesn't mean it's not in other tournaments. The players are not reps of ATP, they are professionally tennis player playing a sport. They do not sit in an aircondition office to conduct their business.

Quote:
I see only a very few females practicing with sport bras and I don't have any problem with that. I have never seen a female pro practice with just a fashion bra and nothing more - I think you must be dreaming in technicolor - it would be a real piece of entertainment, and it certainly would not hurt my eyes, but again, that would not be appropriate as a dress code.
May be next time I will take a pic for you to see (the bra) but since I considered that's not decent so I didn't take a pic.

You really are quite full of yourself to accuse me making things up.

Last edited by Lee : 03-18-2008 at 03:10 AM.
Old 03-18-2008, 03:05 AM   #36
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Why I waste my time with an hypocrite? Temporary insanity.

Last edited by Lee : 03-18-2008 at 03:20 AM.
Old 03-19-2008, 06:20 AM   #37

Hey, I just trust what I see at an ATP event - and its not what you said. I figure the Canadian Open in Toronto is reasonably representative of what goes on at any ATP tournament in North America at least.

The players are in fact members and reps of the ATP and are subject to ATP rules and disciplinary procedures while they are competing and not retired. This includes much more than the dress code and on-court behaviour - it extends to off-court behaviour, business matters and prohibited substances they can injest and mandatory drug testing. So, forget about the air-conditioned office.

I have not accused you of making things up - I only said your statement is an exaggeration. Frankly, I would have expected more reasonable and moderate posts from you as a moderator of this board. Looks to me like your own posts need some editing.
Old 03-19-2008, 07:44 PM   #38
country flag elessar
Fly away little pigeon

elessar has a reputation beyond reputeelessar has a reputation beyond reputeelessar has a reputation beyond reputeelessar has a reputation beyond reputeelessar has a reputation beyond reputeelessar has a reputation beyond reputeelessar has a reputation beyond reputeelessar has a reputation beyond reputeelessar has a reputation beyond reputeelessar has a reputation beyond reputeelessar has a reputation beyond repute

I'm in complete agreement with my friend from Ontario, damn you Djokovic for taking your shirt off
I wish you never had another reason to do it again
elessar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 07:45 PM   #39
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Quote:
I think you must be dreaming in technicolor
Quote:
I have not accused you of making things up - I only said your statement is an exaggeration.
enough said