More News - Page 6 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-22-2008, 01:49 PM   #76
country flag Stephan

Stephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: More News

Brooke Shields Buys Andre Agassi's Couch

February 18, 2008

Brooke Shields split from ex-husband Andre Agassi in 1999, but she still cares about him. And she showed it by buying a couch that he and his wife, fellow tennis star Steffi Graf, designed for Kreiss furniture.

"Brooke is still friends with Andre, and they talk a lot on the phone," says a friend of the Lipstick Jungle star. "She made him happy when she bought a sectional sofa he and Steffi designed for Kreiss. She wanted to show her support for Andre. Brooke has only nice things to say about Andre and Steffi."

may be this one?

Last edited by Stephan : 02-22-2008 at 01:55 PM.
Stephan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-22-2008, 02:03 PM   #77
country flag Stephan

Stephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond repute

Tuesday Feb 15, 2008
Andre Agassi Singlehandedly Defeats Housing Crunch
Back when we were wee lads and read Sport Illustrated religiously, we remember seeing a story about Andre Agassi and his dad. The basic gist was that the elder Agassi, struggling to gain a foothold in the American middle class, fell into some money and had a choice: buy some land in Las Vegas or purchase an automatic tennis ball machine. He chose the latter, only to see the land — which was located on the Strip — increase infinitely in value. But, he said, "I think I got a pretty good return on my investment." Let's just say it got a little dusty in the room where we were reading the article.

Fast-forward 10 years, and the younger Agassi isn't following his father's advice. In the Feb/March issue of Outside's Go, he opens up about his fledgling dreams of becoming a real estate mogul, starting with a condo purchase in Tamarack, Idaho:

"This," [Tamarack] he says, gesturing out at the green and white and blue, "is more important than what I did with the game. We're creating a platform for life here. ... In tennis, there's no coaching, no passing the ball. It's problem solving at its purest. And that's what business is: galvanizing and solving problems."
Presumably, wife Steffi Graf has enough money to buy a ball
Old 03-02-2008, 01:01 PM   #78
country flag kati830728

kati830728 has a reputation beyond reputekati830728 has a reputation beyond reputekati830728 has a reputation beyond reputekati830728 has a reputation beyond reputekati830728 has a reputation beyond reputekati830728 has a reputation beyond reputekati830728 has a reputation beyond reputekati830728 has a reputation beyond reputekati830728 has a reputation beyond reputekati830728 has a reputation beyond reputekati830728 has a reputation beyond repute

SIGHTINGS
Andre Agassi and Australian tennis star Lleyton Hewitt, hitting on center court Saturday at the Stacy Darling Center with their children.
kati830728 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 11:20 AM   #79
country flag Stephan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kati830728 View Post
SIGHTINGS
Andre Agassi and Australian tennis star Lleyton Hewitt, hitting on center court Saturday at the Stacy Darling Center with their children.
it is here
http://www.lvrj.com/news/16160437.html

Some pictures of it?
Old 03-04-2008, 10:58 AM   #80
country flag Stephan

Martha Stewart, Andre Agassi and Quincy Jones
Vancouver, BC, March 5, 2008

General Motors Place
8:30AM to 5:30PM

One Full Day of Inspiration, Motivation and Entertainment that will ignite your Spirit! For the first time ever under one roof see seven of the most prolific communicators of our time. Live and In Person! You will learn from real-world experts who are the best-of-the-best, in an incredibly entertaining environment that empowers you to take action immediately to transform your life forever.

Motivation
Andre Agassi

Former Professional Tennis Player

Andre Agassi ended a 21-year tennis career with his retirement following the U.S. Open in the summer of 2006. His match against Marcos Baghdatis during the tournament is considered one of the most memorable of all time. Agassi has 60 career singles titles including eight Grand Slam titles. Off the court, he has established The Andre Agassi Charitable Foundation (AACF) in 1994 to provide recreational and educational opportunities for at-risk boys and girls in Las Vegas. The AACF’s annual fund-raiser, the Grand Slam For Children, has raised more than $70 million over the past 12 years. Agassi also opened a public charter school in Las Vegas in 2001, the Andre Agassi College Preparatory Academy, to improve lives through education and recreation. The school will have its first senior graduating class in the spring of 2009. Since retiring, Agassi has been involved in several business endeavors with his wife, Stefanie Graf, whom he married in 2001.

Last edited by Stephan : 03-04-2008 at 11:05 AM.
Old 03-04-2008, 02:05 PM   #81
country flag kati830728

kati830728 has a reputation beyond reputekati830728 has a reputation beyond reputekati830728 has a reputation beyond reputekati830728 has a reputation beyond reputekati830728 has a reputation beyond reputekati830728 has a reputation beyond reputekati830728 has a reputation beyond reputekati830728 has a reputation beyond reputekati830728 has a reputation beyond reputekati830728 has a reputation beyond reputekati830728 has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.vegastennis.com/getarticl...t?id=100028661

You can see Jaden in that picture too.
Old 03-04-2008, 02:05 PM   #82
country flag kati830728

http://www.vegastennis.com/getarticl...t?id=100028578

here are more.
Jaden has grown a lot.
Old 03-04-2008, 03:06 PM   #83
country flag Stephan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kati830728 View Post
http://www.vegastennis.com/getarticl...t?id=100028578

here are more.
Jaden has grown a lot.
Thanx Kati,
I made a normal picture for it and Uploaded here
look below:

will Jaden play pro tennis?
i think better if he would chose other profession, ...
Old 03-04-2008, 05:02 PM   #84
country flag yoguis

yoguis has a reputation beyond reputeyoguis has a reputation beyond reputeyoguis has a reputation beyond reputeyoguis has a reputation beyond reputeyoguis has a reputation beyond reputeyoguis has a reputation beyond reputeyoguis has a reputation beyond reputeyoguis has a reputation beyond reputeyoguis has a reputation beyond reputeyoguis has a reputation beyond reputeyoguis has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks!!
yoguis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 01:04 AM   #85
country flag karenpoon

karenpoon has a reputation beyond reputekarenpoon has a reputation beyond reputekarenpoon has a reputation beyond reputekarenpoon has a reputation beyond reputekarenpoon has a reputation beyond reputekarenpoon has a reputation beyond reputekarenpoon has a reputation beyond reputekarenpoon has a reputation beyond reputekarenpoon has a reputation beyond reputekarenpoon has a reputation beyond reputekarenpoon has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks so much.
karenpoon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 05:29 PM   #86
country flag Stephan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan View Post
Martha Stewart, Andre Agassi and Quincy Jones
Vancouver, BC, March 5, 2008
March 09, 2008

Tennis superstar Andre Agassi blasts Whistler highway as "shocker" after driving it

By BILL TIELEMAN, 24 HOURS

Former tennis superstar Andre Agassi showed his grand slam style while visiting Vancouver last week, calling the Sea-to-Sky highway to Whistler and the 2010 Olympics "a shocker" after driving it.

Agassi spoke to a crowd of nearly 5,000 at GM Place for "The Power Within" event along with style diva Martha Stewart, music producer Quincy Jones and other speakers.

But don't count on him driving to the winter Olympics despite B.C.'s $600-million highway improvement project.

"I like everything up here but one thing," Agassi said Wednesday about Vancouver. "We drove to Whistler yesterday and - what's up with your highways? That's a shocker! And it was that way a year ago."

Earlier at the event Toronto comedian and emcee James Cunningham also joked about the Whistler highway, calling it "so relaxing" to drive with "a sheer drop off to the sea on one side and guys packing dynamite into rock on the other."
Posted by Bill Tieleman
at 11:41 PM
Old 03-13-2008, 03:17 AM   #87
country flag karenpoon

karenpoon has a reputation beyond reputekarenpoon has a reputation beyond reputekarenpoon has a reputation beyond reputekarenpoon has a reputation beyond reputekarenpoon has a reputation beyond reputekarenpoon has a reputation beyond reputekarenpoon has a reputation beyond reputekarenpoon has a reputation beyond reputekarenpoon has a reputation beyond reputekarenpoon has a reputation beyond reputekarenpoon has a reputation beyond repute

agassi interview in the april issue of tennis

Almost two years after leaving the sport, tennis icon Andre Agassi has found new challenges as a father and businessman, and admits while he still loves the game, “I don’t feel like a tennis player anymore.” He tells Peter Bodo in an exclusive interview in the April issue of TENNIS Magazine, “When I dig out my racquets because I’ve donated a lesson for charity or something, I’ll look at them and say, ‘Wow, this is what I used to do for a living.’”

Although he did say he still watches a lot of tennis. “We don’t have the television on in the house unless we’re watching something specific, but during the Australian Open, I had it on all the time, tuned to Tennis Channel.”

Interviewed in an empty classroom of the eponymous College Preparatory Academy, the school he founded in Las Vegas to help disadvantaged children, Agassi talks in depth about his life after retirement, his children (with wife Steffi Graf), Roger Federer, drug testing and gambling in tennis as well as his latest sporting adventure — snowboarding.

Read more: Highlights from the article after the cut…

Jaden & Jaz — tennis champs? Asked about how he enjoys playing tennis with his kids, son Jaden, 6, and daughter, Jaz Elle, 4, Agassi told TENNIS Magazine, “Jaz has a longer attention span than Jaden. It’s funny, she looks more like me and acts more like Steffi. Jaden looks like Steff, but he acts more like me. It’s a handful, but that’s part of the fun. When it comes to tennis, I wouldn’t want to interfere or decide for them. I’d be reluctant to put them in an environment where I understood the road ahead and the pitfalls so intimately. That would remove my ability to enjoy and embrace their journey. That’s the root of the only hesitancy I have about tennis.”

Agassi the Dad: As far as being a “typical” parent, Agassi said, “The kids go to school in the neighborhood, so it doesn’t take long to get them there. Then I’ll go and work out and spend the day taking care of business. I often end up waiting in the carpool line at 3 o’clock with everyone else.”

Hitting the slopes: “When I retired, I thought, What is it I want to try after spending 32 years not being able to jump off a diving board because I might derail the game plan? Keeping myself healthy and free of injury was always an issue, even when I was doing everything right.” Agassi discovered the sport of snowboarding while in Tamarack (Agassi and Graf are partners in a condo-hotel at the Tamarack Resort in Central Idaho) with the kids. “I decided I would ski or snowboard, and snowboarding just looked like more fun.”

His notes on Roger: “When Fed hits the forehand up the line, that’s a shot that used to be a risk for me. And it’s an absolute meat-and-potatoes shot for him. That’s a function of the athlete, of his speed and positioning, and his equipment. What I haven’t figured out about Fed is how much of an anomaly he is… The question is, can you teach what Fed does? The only thing I know for sure is that he’s making the game better.”

In the booth at the U.S. Open (2007): “I love to talk about tennis… I also felt last year that I wanted to go back to the Open to pay my respects. The tournament and the fans there gave me so much over 20, 21 years that I felt like I had to go back. But commentary didn’t seem like a platform where you can really peel back the layers. There’s just not enough time to do that. I did enjoy the challenge of trying to get in what might be relevant under those constraints, and like most things, I didn’t feel like I did as well as I might have.”

Drugs and booze: “When it comes to drug testing, I’ll hold tennis up to any sport in the world.”

“I find myself focusing the most on what our sport is doing to make sure that if you’re cheating, you’ll get caught. And that’s where I take refuge. I believe our sport is on the leading edge, pioneering ways to hold players accountable.

Even when I was playing, I was drug tested one year something like 20 times, and I didn’t play as much as many others. If you cheat, it’s not a matter of if you get caught, but when you get caught.” As far as gambling is concerned, he said, “In my years playing, I never saw it or heard of it. And I would hate to see the actions of a few tarnish the sport. I support a zero-tolerance policy on this issue.”

Peter Bodo’s interview with Andre Agassi will appear in the April issue of TENNIS magazine.

http://cornedbeefhash.wordpress.com/...sue-of-tennis/
karenpoon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 01:02 PM   #88
country flag kati830728

can someone buy the magazine and put the whole interview here?
Old 03-13-2008, 03:46 PM   #89
country flag Stephan

Quote:
Originally Posted by karenpoon View Post
agassi interview in the april issue of tennis
thanx karen
Old 03-13-2008, 04:40 PM   #90
country flag Stephan

new pix from the past...