Rafa in IW 2008 - SF and 2 good wins :yeah: - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-06-2008, 07:50 PM   #1
country flag Metis

Metis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Rafa in IW 2008 - SF and 2 good wins :yeah:

It's been a ...great season so far for Rafa and the best is yet to come! In other words it's time to stop horsing around and get to work to defend all those valuable points

So what do you all think? In which round will Rafa lose in this tournament (if he is to lose)?
Those to guess correctly will get... well nothing really, just the satisfaction of telling everyone else "I told you so "

Quote:
In which round is Rafa going to lose?

1st - (Bye) Blaze-2004, hra87
2nd - yana, l_mac
3rd - dulkogi, hra87
4th - scarecrows, mimi, Naide
QF - Metis, Xristos, Getta, GuiroNI, mallorn
SF - tennizen, cmurray, raven_gypsy, MariaV, Tnn74
F - Foxy, Luvyoyoma1954, tennizen
W - l_mac , tennischeto, Bug, The_Pro, Blaze-2004

in bold font: predictions after the draw came out.

yana, l_mac, dulkogi, hra87, scarecrows, mimi, Naide, Metis, Xristos, Getta, GuiroNI, mallorn, Foxy, Luvyoyoma1954, tennizen, tennischeto, Bug, The_Pro, Blaze-2004

Congrats to the winners:
cmurray, raven_gypsy, MariaV, Tnn74

Last edited by Metis : 03-24-2008 at 02:44 PM.
Metis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-06-2008, 07:52 PM   #2
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rafa in IW - Come and play the guessing game!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metis View Post
So what do you all think? In which round will Rafa lose in this tournament (if he is to lose)?
Those to guess correctly will get... well nothing really, just the satisfaction of telling everyone else "I told you so "
Ah, new tournament, new hope, new thread!

As for this quiz - I don't think it's reasonable to think that he will be able to defend all his points here (nor in Miami) - but if he makes it to the quarters I'll be okay with that. Should he get ever further, even better!

A lot depends on the draw, of course. We'll have to wait and see before making any predictions...

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 07:54 PM   #3
country flag tennizen

tennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond repute

Let me bold and wildly optimistic for no reason at all and say he will reach the semi's here.
This is detachment -- 
when the old is over and the new has not yet come. 
If you are afraid, the state may be distressing, 
but there is really nothing to be afraid of. 
Remember the instruction: 
Whatever you come across -- go beyond.”
tennizen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 08:01 PM   #4
country flag acionescu

acionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennizen View Post
Let me bold and wildly optimistic for no reason at all and say he will reach the semi's here.
Are you for real?
Old 03-06-2008, 08:02 PM   #5
country flag yana

yana has a reputation beyond reputeyana has a reputation beyond reputeyana has a reputation beyond reputeyana has a reputation beyond reputeyana has a reputation beyond reputeyana has a reputation beyond reputeyana has a reputation beyond reputeyana has a reputation beyond reputeyana has a reputation beyond reputeyana has a reputation beyond reputeyana has a reputation beyond repute

Second round if he meets some 234 ranked player

Rafael Feli Bandy
yana is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 08:03 PM   #6
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennizen View Post
That's the spirit!

Anathema

Old 03-06-2008, 08:04 PM   #7
country flag scarecrows
Ace Loveforty

scarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond repute

4th round

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerRafaFan View Post
That will be the last victory of Rafa for quite some time.. With his joke mentality and pathetic game, I hope the disgusting player loses every single match next season. He's disgraceful. He should just retire. He's a joke.
Quote:
Originally Posted by l_mac View Post
(10) Corey Feldman vs. (12) scarecrows
scarecrows is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 08:06 PM   #8
country flag acionescu

acionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by yana View Post
Second round if he meets some 234 ranked player
Does he have a bye in the 1st round? In this style, even bye shall be a threat!
Old 03-06-2008, 08:09 PM   #9
country flag Getta

Getta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond repute

Oh dear. What is Genci doing here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarecrows View Post
4th round
Do you mean QFs? Or SFs because the seeded players have a bye in the first round?
Getta is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 08:15 PM   #10
Anathemaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by acionescu View Post
Does he have a bye in the 1st round? In this style, even bye shall be a threat!
As far as I know, yes, he indeed has a bye the first round. btw.

Anathema

Old 03-06-2008, 08:21 PM   #11
country flag scarecrows
Ace Loveforty

scarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getta View Post
Oh dear. What is Genci doing here?

Do you mean QFs? Or SFs because the seeded players have a bye in the first round?
i just wanted to play the game

128 draw with 32 seeds that have a bye in 1st round, 4th round is before the quarters

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerRafaFan View Post
That will be the last victory of Rafa for quite some time.. With his joke mentality and pathetic game, I hope the disgusting player loses every single match next season. He's disgraceful. He should just retire. He's a joke.
Quote:
Originally Posted by l_mac View Post
(10) Corey Feldman vs. (12) scarecrows
scarecrows is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 08:21 PM   #12
country flag Metis

Metis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
4th round
You need to be a registered Rafatard to participate. Shall I put your name down as a new member?
Old 03-06-2008, 08:40 PM   #13
country flag Getta

Getta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
i just wanted to play the game

128 draw with 32 seeds that have a bye in 1st round, 4th round is before the quarters
I was joking, Genci.

As for the draw, you're right. I didn't know that it's a 128 draw with 32 seeds.
Getta is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 09:25 PM   #14
country flag Metis

let's all remember the good old days...

so far we have

PREDICTIONS BEFORE THE DRAW:

1st - Bye
2nd - yana
3rd -
4th - scarecrows
QF - Metis
SF - tennizen
F -
W -
Old 03-06-2008, 10:11 PM   #15
country flag l_mac
I DON'T LIKE DJOKOVIC

l_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond repute

Champion!

Lovely pic, Metis.
l_mac is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote