Zagreb - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-26-2008, 08:57 PM   #16
country flag Blue Heart24

Blue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Zagreb

Well done Ivan and I'll be there tomorrow
Will watch all Croats

Maybe some report tomorrow evening
Blue Heart24 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-27-2008, 07:13 PM   #17
country flag Fergie
Miss Fabray

Fergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond repute

[1] I Ljubicic (CRO) d [WC] L Zovko (CRO) 64 76(3)

Pain is only temporary but victory is forever
Fergie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 08:59 PM   #18

Blue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond repute

Ok guys I was almost whole day there so here's a little review:

Janko Tipsarevic def. Roko Karanusic 6-3 6-7(4) 6-4
Good,and very competitive match.In the first set Roko started nervous,and got broken early.He had 5 bp's in later games to recover and break back but he didnt take any of it.He just playerd too defensive and was just slicing the ball back to Tipsarevic,who,of course,attacked all the time.In the second set things were pretty even until Roko broke at 2-2,with some great shots.
Unfortunately,it didnt last long,and he got broken back right in the next game,he was affraid in that game and missed some easy shots.At 6-5* (I think ),Tips had a match point but Roko saved it with some offensive play.In the tie break Roko got the mini break early,raced to 6-2,almost choked,but at 6-4,after a long point,he finally took the set.
In the third set Roko was injured.Poor guy barely served over 135/40 kph (took a injury time out at 2-1,it's an abdominal injury),but despite that he had a bp at 4-3*.Tipsa then served 3 big serves and in the next game Roko collapsed.He was very tired and injured,and just couldnt give his best anymore. Tipsarevic easily served it out and won this match in 3 tough sets,the match lasted almost 3 hours.
Credits to Roko for this match,but I think he can't get to the next level (top 60,70) if he will continue to play this defensive.
To be honest,Tipsa didnt have a great day today,had a lot of UE's,and Roko just couldnt convert his chances because he played way too soft in the key moments.
Just to mention,Tipsarevic behaved quite like a prick in the third set.At one point,Roko hit a FH long,the line judge did not call it and then Tipsa exploded and screamed on the line judge.Then the umpire said "Relax,I call it." on the microphone

Robin Haase def. Gilles Simon 6-2 6-4

I watched only the first set here and I'm impressed with Haase.He played just great.Not too much UE's,big serve,great movement,strong groundies on both sides...I think he will be a major threat if he continues to play like this.
But Gilles was surprisingly,very,very nervous today.
He throwed his racket and yelled all set long.I thought he was a calm guy.

Mario Ancic def. Denis Gremelmayr 6-3 6-2

Not much to say here,just,it was the most boring match of the day.
Ancic was dominating from the beggining,Gremelmayr somehow held and got to 3-3 in the first,and then Ancic finally broke him(with a net cord ),raced to a 6-3 2-0 lead and there was no way back for the German.Broke him once again at 4-2 and served the match out.
Ancic really didnt play that well,it was solid,but this Gremelmayr is easily the worst player I saw today.
Mediocre and a pusher,has no weapons.

Ivan Ljubicic def. Lovro Zovko 6-4 7-6(3)

Finally got to see Ivan live after quite a long
It was a routine win.Ivan never looked in trouble on serve.But Lovro deserves credits for his performance today.He served very well and almost all his first serves were above 200 kph .
A few UE's too much,but his forehand was on fire as well.
Ivan broke at 5-4 in the first and in the second he had 2 bp's at 4-3* but Zovko saved it with his big serve.The winner was never in doubt though,and Ivan confirmed it with an easy TB..

Simone Bolelli def. Marin Cilic 6-4 6-3

Biggest disappointment of the day
Marin started well,in the first few games he dominated on serve,had bp's,0-30 chances...But couldnt convert any.The level of play slowly started to drop,and at *4-5,he saved a sp at 30-40,got to a game point,but then made 2 ue's and the first set was gone.
In the second Marin completely crashed.Bolelli got to a quick 3-0 lead and it was clear this is not Marin's day,and as I was really tired,I leaved.
Too bad,I thought Marin can make the final here,but it seems he still has too much ups and downs.Bolelli played well,but this is mainly Marin's fault.

Well,2 of my 3 faves crashed out today, but it was a great day with a lot of tennis and I'm looking forward for tomorrow's matches.
Old 02-28-2008, 07:44 PM   #19
country flag Fergie
Miss Fabray

Fergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond repute

[1] I Ljubicic (CRO) d T Gabashvili (RUS) 62 67(5) 63

Old 02-28-2008, 09:40 PM   #20

Ok,I dont have time now to do report from today,so I'll do from both days tomorrow.

All I can say is AJMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO LJUBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!

LETS WINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN COME ON!
Old 02-29-2008, 07:55 AM   #21
country flag Deathless Mortal
♤23♤

Deathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond repute

Ancic will beat him.

"a kad me opet gore vrati zahvalit' ću Mu prvo
što nam je dao komad zemlje što je za sebe sačuv'o"
Deathless Mortal is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 10:25 AM   #22
country flag Fergie
Miss Fabray

AJMO Ivan

Old 02-29-2008, 11:08 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathless Mortal View Post
Ancic will beat him.
Typical Ancic fanboy.

VAMOS LJUBO!!!!!
Old 02-29-2008, 11:08 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fergie View Post
AJMO Ivan
Thats the spirit
Old 02-29-2008, 06:55 PM   #25
country flag RickDaStick

RickDaStick has a reputation beyond reputeRickDaStick has a reputation beyond reputeRickDaStick has a reputation beyond reputeRickDaStick has a reputation beyond reputeRickDaStick has a reputation beyond reputeRickDaStick has a reputation beyond reputeRickDaStick has a reputation beyond reputeRickDaStick has a reputation beyond reputeRickDaStick has a reputation beyond reputeRickDaStick has a reputation beyond reputeRickDaStick has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Ancic will beat him.
0/2 on the week for you
RickDaStick is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 06:59 PM   #26
country flag Fergie
Miss Fabray

Now take the title

Old 02-29-2008, 07:12 PM   #27
♤23♤

Deathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by IvanLjubicic View Post
0/2 on the week for you
Yes I'm pretty bad this week

Yeah TFC, I made a prediction and I was wrong, I like both of them, I can't say I like Ivan more but I also don't like Mario more, and btw I would easily find a lot of people on this forum who think of you as a Ljubo fanboy

Really, don't get me wrong, I like Ivan, but I was pretty sure Mario will win this time, I was wrong, that's it...

Well done Ivan and I have the tickets for the final tomorrow

Old 02-29-2008, 07:17 PM   #28
country flag RickDaStick

RickDaStick has a reputation beyond reputeRickDaStick has a reputation beyond reputeRickDaStick has a reputation beyond reputeRickDaStick has a reputation beyond reputeRickDaStick has a reputation beyond reputeRickDaStick has a reputation beyond reputeRickDaStick has a reputation beyond reputeRickDaStick has a reputation beyond reputeRickDaStick has a reputation beyond reputeRickDaStick has a reputation beyond reputeRickDaStick has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Yeah TFC, I made a prediction and I was wrong, I like both of them, I can't say I like Ivan more but I also don't like Mario more, and btw I would easily find a lot of people on this forum who think of you as a Ljubo fanboy

Really, don't get me wrong, I like Ivan, but I was pretty sure Mario will win this time, I was wrong, that's it...

I think TFC is going too. I wonder if he acts like he does in the live scoring threads when he is at a match . Also do you two know each other?
RickDaStick is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 07:24 PM   #29
♤23♤

Quote:
Originally Posted by IvanLjubicic View Post
I think TFC is going too. I wonder if he acts like he does in the live scoring threads when he is at a match . Also do you two know each other?
We live in the same part of Zagreb, but we don't know each other. I don't know how he acts, you should ask him

Stakhovksy will beat Ljubo (with my form that means Ivan will win

Old 02-29-2008, 08:35 PM   #30
country flag Jadranka

Jadranka has a reputation beyond reputeJadranka has a reputation beyond reputeJadranka has a reputation beyond reputeJadranka has a reputation beyond reputeJadranka has a reputation beyond reputeJadranka has a reputation beyond reputeJadranka has a reputation beyond reputeJadranka has a reputation beyond reputeJadranka has a reputation beyond reputeJadranka has a reputation beyond reputeJadranka has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Have fun, Domi
Jadranka is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote