MTF Posters Favourite Football Teams - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-16-2008, 03:23 AM   #46
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: MTF Posters Favourite Football Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by adee-gee View Post
In Italy, my favourite team is probably AC because I like Kaka but I wouldn't say I care overwhelmingly much. They better beat Arsenal this week though
Kaka wants to an evangelical preacher after football. With God on his side, it will be a tough assignment for Arsenal.
Advertisement

Old 02-16-2008, 03:25 AM   #47
country flag GlennMirnyi
Banned!

GlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyholly View Post
Kaka wants to an evangelical preacher after football. With God on his side, it will be a tough assignment for Arsenal.
Preacher... well he's being investigated by Brazilian police for money laundry activities for that so called "church" of his.
GlennMirnyi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 04:57 AM   #48
country flag Stgobaiano

Stgobaiano has a reputation beyond reputeStgobaiano has a reputation beyond reputeStgobaiano has a reputation beyond reputeStgobaiano has a reputation beyond reputeStgobaiano has a reputation beyond reputeStgobaiano has a reputation beyond reputeStgobaiano has a reputation beyond reputeStgobaiano has a reputation beyond reputeStgobaiano has a reputation beyond reputeStgobaiano has a reputation beyond reputeStgobaiano has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Kaka is a little asshole(religious fanatic), I prefer players with the personality of Romario, Mago Valdivia,Arturo Vidal or Oliver Kahn
Stgobaiano is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 09:47 AM   #49
country flag Iza

Iza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond repute

Real Madrid

started loving them back in 2000 (when I started watching club football) when I saw the final with Valencia. The most painful memory was in 2001 when they lost in the UCL semis to Bayern and the best was the final they won it in 2002. I cried after Zidane's goal Iker was and still is my Real hero Worst memory? After they gave up Del Bosque. It's getting better now though.
My dream team of the post 2000 era would be:
Casillas - Salgado, Ramos, Hierro, Roberto Carlos - Figo, Redondo, Zidane, Solari - Raul 2000-2003 and 2007+ , Morientes
Originally Posted by El Mundo
Sergio Ramos joined in the fun, proving he can do anything; he shines as a centre back, as a right back and as a striker.
My pink ego box
Iza is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 09:52 AM   #50
country flag adee-gee
_._._._._._

adee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Ya the God stuff is a bit tiresome, and I don't really buy it. But he's a phenomenal player.
adee-gee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 10:20 AM   #51
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: MTF Posters Favourite Football Teams (soccer to the uneducated)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgun View Post
São Paulo FC, by heritage. I also happen to live near the club and my parents are members.

My earliest vivid (and painful) memory is the 1990 Brazilian Championship when we reached the final and lost to our rivals Corinthians 1-0.

My best memory is a tough call between winning the Toyota Cup for the first time against Barcelona (coming back from 0-1 to win 2-1), and the Libertadores title in 2005 when we thrashed Atletico Paranaense in the final 4-0 and I happened to be at the match.
So you had it in the family, there wasn't too much choice, hehe.

Yes, I remember the Toyota Cup when they beat Milan. Rai scored with the chest and then Muller scored with his arse.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 10:27 AM   #52
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Growing up as a kid, I lived in Glasgow where everyone supports Rangers or Celtic. My dad was the club doctor at Partick Thistle, so I naturally became a fan. Had a season ticket and went to almost every match home and away from the age of 4 to 12 (when I moved to London). Still go to matches when I go back up to Glasgow, but it's hard to follow us too passionately because we're in the Scottish division 1 now

When I moved to London, I didn't really support a team. I had watched loads of English footy, but didn't support a team as such. I lived fairly close to Spurs, and Ossie Ardiles was manager at the time and the matches were bloody entertaining. A lot of friends I made were Spurs fans, so I went along to some matches with them and that's how I became a fan. Got a season ticket for a few years, but then I had to give it up when I went to university, and aren't able to get it back now. Still make it to as many games as I can, usually 10-15 a season.
So your dad was the medic for Partick Thistle? Yes, it's good that you can still go to games when you are up there and they seem to have the fans who can't be bothered with the sectarian hatred, though they could use a big owner.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 02-16-2008, 10:47 AM   #53
country flag adee-gee
_._._._._._

adee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMK is Innocent View Post
So your dad was the medic for Partick Thistle? Yes, it's good that you can still go to games when you are up there and they seem to have the fans who can't be bothered with the sectarian hatred, though they could use a big owner.
He was the doctor for the fans...so he could sit with us for the matches and he'd just get called out if something had happened, it was pretty rare.

It had benefits though, we could go in the tunnel before matches and go to the lounge after....I always remember when we played Hearts, I don't know if you know John Robertson...he was pretty small for a footballer, so when he saw me in the tunnel he was delighted to find someone smaller than him, so he lifts me up and starts dancing around with me then he goes and scores against us

Yeah we need cash big time, we almost went out of business many years ago. Now it's just depressing, there's no real potential for us to go anywhere. We've balanced the books but even if we make it to the SPL (unlikely) I don't see us staying there.
Old 02-16-2008, 11:02 AM   #54
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Quote:
He was the doctor for the fans...so he could sit with us for the matches and he'd just get called out if something had happened, it was pretty rare.

It had benefits though, we could go in the tunnel before matches and go to the lounge after....I always remember when we played Hearts, I don't know if you know John Robertson...he was pretty small for a footballer, so when he saw me in the tunnel he was delighted to find someone smaller than him, so he lifts me up and starts dancing around with me then he goes and scores against us

Yeah we need cash big time, we almost went out of business many years ago. Now it's just depressing, there's no real potential for us to go anywhere. We've balanced the books but even if we make it to the SPL (unlikely) I don't see us staying there.
John Robertson, what a player he was. Excellent technique and one of the reason Notts Forest won 2 European Cups in a row, when it was a proper event as well.

Old Brian Clough always took the piss out of his looks.

Yes, I remember when Partick almost went under and that would have been sad and even QPR got saved, though it was by a midget car salesman from Ipswich.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 02-16-2008, 11:18 AM   #55
country flag adee-gee
_._._._._._

Quote:
John Robertson, what a player he was. Excellent technique and one of the reason Notts Forest won 2 European Cups in a row, when it was a proper event as well.

Old Brian Clough always took the piss out of his looks.

Yes, I remember when Partick almost went under and that would have been sad and even QPR got saved, though it was by a midget car salesman from Ipswich.
Different John Robertson! This one wasn't quite as good, but he's a bit of a Hearts legend.

QPR, now the richest club in the world
Old 02-16-2008, 11:28 AM   #56
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

I will post my club ones a bit later, but I posted this on another thread. So for those who have read it, tough luck.

I remember the 98 World Cup I was in a Brazilian bar and there were about 10 Frenchies there, before the final the drink was flowing and full party spirit. After the game all these Brazilians were sitting in the corner crying and it was like a wake.

Euro 92 was great. I was in Sweden for the champs, but didn't have a ticket for the final. I saw both semis.

I went to this city in the north and Bob Dylan was playing that day and they closed off the main streets, as the festival was going in pretty much in the centre of town outdoors, which meant that it took 25 mins instead of 5 to go to the pub. Of course I choose the football over that clown Dylan.

There was a German guy and his teenage son, they asked me where they could watch the game. I said come to this pub and it will be on there, just expect everyone to cheer for Denmark. The father said "yes, it's ok we are Germans, nobody cheers for us". They had a good time there.

When the Danes won the match, all the Swedes were partying like they won the champs.

This is what the essence is about for me. I mean you get the odd hooligan scum, but I have met a lot of good people through this sport and going to events, and even at the pubs watching the matches. The highs, lows, farces, all part of the experience.

The strangest one was 4 Scots, 1 Irish, myself, 2 black guys one Swedish and the other Austrian start singing "Deutschland Uber Alles", no not the bad version after Germany beat England on penalties in Euro 96.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 02-16-2008, 12:36 PM   #57
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

The strangest one was 4 Scots, 1 Irish, myself, 2 black guys one Swedish and the other Austrian start singing "Deutschland Uber Alles", no not the bad version after Germany beat England on penalties in Euro 96.
It was only 12 years ago. What colour of socks was the tallest Scot wearing?
Old 02-16-2008, 12:37 PM   #58
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Quote:
It was only 12 years ago. What colour of socks was the tallest Scot wearing?
It was Adam wearing his crocs.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 02-16-2008, 03:02 PM   #59
country flag LeChuck

LeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: MTF Posters Favourite Football Teams (soccer to the uneducated)

Quote:
No problem, the reply was informative.
I was always a bit confused because I knew East Belfast was where the shipyard workers lived and these were traditionally Prods, in the days before the ''troubles.'' There must have been an enclave of Catholics there though, because I am fairly sure that there was a disgusting amount of house-burnings there in the 60's and 70's.
Yes in East Belfast Short Strand is the major Catholic enclave. It is small, isolated and surrounded by Protestant communities, and in the 60s and 70s there were major problems there, and gun crime was rife. Even as recently as June 2002, there were serious riots with fist fights, petrol bombs thrown and houses damaged or even burnt to the ground. Unsurprisingly the residents there have lived in fear ever since and had to fortify their personal security.
In the last few years the crime rate in East, North and South Belfast has steadily declined, and West Belfast has taken over the mantle as the roughest area of the city.
LeChuck is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 04:23 PM   #60
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

Quote:
It was Adam wearing his crocs.
Hah, there were no crocs in1996. I knew you were making it up, mon ami.
By similar use of the grey matter I shall also eventually determine the killer of Natalee, tout de suite.

Last edited by buddyholly : 02-16-2008 at 04:30 PM.
buddyholly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote