MTF Posters Favourite Football Teams - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-15-2008, 01:53 PM   #31
country flag Julio1974

Julio1974 has a reputation beyond reputeJulio1974 has a reputation beyond reputeJulio1974 has a reputation beyond reputeJulio1974 has a reputation beyond reputeJulio1974 has a reputation beyond reputeJulio1974 has a reputation beyond reputeJulio1974 has a reputation beyond reputeJulio1974 has a reputation beyond reputeJulio1974 has a reputation beyond reputeJulio1974 has a reputation beyond reputeJulio1974 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: MTF Posters Favourite Football Teams (soccer to the uneducated)

San Lorenzo de Almagro. My earliest memory is when we p´layed for the first and only time in the second division. My dad would take me to the stadium every Saturday. The support of the fans was massive. We collapsed the Boca, River and Velez' stadiums. I will never forget that.

Then, I had to wait until I was 20 yrs old to see San Lorenzo winning the league. I was in Rosario that cold June night. We were 1 point behind Gimnasia but they lost against Independiente and we beat Central. I cannot remember what I did between 9 pm and 6 am. I woke up in a hotel but not sure how I got there. Thanks God I was with some friends! The best player of that team was a Brazilian: Silas. The best player I've ever seen in San Lorenzo. Ruggeri also was an important leader. One of our big supporters was the US Ambassador at that time (CHeek) who appeared in every tv channel celebrating with the players.

We won the league again in 2001, thanks to Pellegrini (the current coach of Villareal, also famous for sending Tristelme back to Boca). The best thing of that league was that the coach of River (el trolo Gallego) said that River would win the league because San Lorenzo always chokes. However, it was River and the clown of Gallego who choked agaist Huracan and we won the league in the last match. Romeo, Romagnoli, Abreu, Coloccini, Ervitti were the best players of that team.

One year later, we won our first international cup: the Copa Mercosur. We beat Corinthians in the SF and Flamengo in the Final. The last match with Flamengo was scheduled on December 20, 2001 (the day that the Argentine crisis exploded) and the match had to be suspended because of the riots in Buenos Aires. I was already going to the stadiun, doing my best to escape from the areas where the riots were taking places, and had to go back home.

At the end of that year we won our second international Cup (Copa Sudamericana). We crushed Nacional de Medellin in the final (4-0 in Colombia). Romagnoli scored the goal of his life in that match.

And fianlly, we won again the league last year, thanks to Ramon Angel Diaz. Everyone was expecting us to crumble but we did not. Lavezzi (now in Napoli), Ledesma (now in Greece) la Gata Fernandez (now in Mexico) and Mendez were the key players of that team.

Now, we are waiting for a miracle: la Copa Libertadores!!

PS: Outside Argentina, I like Nacional de Montevideo y San Pablo (for beating Newells in the Libertadores final), Celtic, Porto, Napoli, Deportivo La Coruña, Olympique Lyon. And I hate Peñarol. Barcelona, Milan, Juventus, Totenham.

Last edited by Julio1974 : 02-15-2008 at 02:10 PM.
Julio1974 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-15-2008, 03:07 PM   #32
country flag Chris 84

Chris 84 has a reputation beyond reputeChris 84 has a reputation beyond reputeChris 84 has a reputation beyond reputeChris 84 has a reputation beyond reputeChris 84 has a reputation beyond reputeChris 84 has a reputation beyond reputeChris 84 has a reputation beyond reputeChris 84 has a reputation beyond reputeChris 84 has a reputation beyond reputeChris 84 has a reputation beyond reputeChris 84 has a reputation beyond repute

Celtic. Celtic/Rangers is part of the west of Scotland culture and you can't avoid it even if you want to. My first game was when I was 2 at the start of the 1986/87 season against Dundee.
Since then I've been to Parkhead and many away venues hundreds of times and seen some of the best players in the world pass through Parkhead.....McStay, Collins, Moravcik, Larsson as well as the likes of Laudrup, Gascoigne, Maldini, Ronaldinho, Kaka, Thuram, etc, etc
Chris 84 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 03:35 PM   #33
country flag StevoTG

StevoTG has a reputation beyond reputeStevoTG has a reputation beyond reputeStevoTG has a reputation beyond reputeStevoTG has a reputation beyond reputeStevoTG has a reputation beyond reputeStevoTG has a reputation beyond reputeStevoTG has a reputation beyond reputeStevoTG has a reputation beyond reputeStevoTG has a reputation beyond reputeStevoTG has a reputation beyond reputeStevoTG has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: MTF Posters Favourite Football Teams

1.Bray Wanderers AFC

2. Arsenal FC

3. Hibernian FC

(Other teams who's results I look out for: Groningen, Santiago Wanderers)
StevoTG is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 03:56 PM   #34
country flag ChinoRios4Ever

ChinoRios4Ever has a reputation beyond reputeChinoRios4Ever has a reputation beyond reputeChinoRios4Ever has a reputation beyond reputeChinoRios4Ever has a reputation beyond reputeChinoRios4Ever has a reputation beyond reputeChinoRios4Ever has a reputation beyond reputeChinoRios4Ever has a reputation beyond reputeChinoRios4Ever has a reputation beyond reputeChinoRios4Ever has a reputation beyond reputeChinoRios4Ever has a reputation beyond reputeChinoRios4Ever has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Religion View Post
Club Social y Deportivo Colo Colo de Chile

My earliest memory : I remember players like Carlos Caszely - Roberto Rojas - Lizardo Garrido - Raul Ormeño - Jaime Pizarro (later) in my team and watching them on TV in moments when the local football was showed on Televisión Nacional (Torneo Nacional and Copa Chile ) . I became in a fan cos the way like the team play is what I'm looking for in Football : a mixture between Spartan football and offensive football wherever we play

My best memory : Copa Libertadores 1991 . The sensation of being the best team in a whole continent is amazing ---> too good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stgobaiano View Post
Club Social y Deportivo Colo Colo

Chilean Liga: 27
Copa Libertadores:1991

I didn`t watch Copa Libertadores because I was 1 year old, my first remenbers are from 1996 nice team..... also semifinals in Libertadores Cup 97(lose in penalty kicks to former champions Cruzeiro).

Great Players I have seen in Colo Colo:
-Marcelo Espina
-Marcelo ''RAMBO'' Ramirez
-Marcelo Barticcioto
-Sebastian Gonzalez
-ARTURO VIDAL
-Matias Fernandez(he is now playing crappy football in Villareal)
-Alexis Sanchez
-Ivo Basay
-Lukas Tudor(good player, not great thought)
-Humberto Suazo
-Ivan Zamorano
-Claudio Arbiza
-El lonco Francisco anderson Huaiquipan
-Gonzalo Fierro
-Nicolas Cordoba
-Javier Margas
-Miguel Ramirez
-Fernando Vergara
-Miguelito Riffo

Colo Colo always play attack style. But with Spartan heart, were not like Universidad Catolica(Chokers,$$$$,wealthy club like PSV that not wins nothing) and Universidad de Chile who is an awful team

Colo Colo winning Libertadores:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2rx2jIw14M

Arturo Vidal:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1lZRj106kg

Matias Fernandez(good times)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tirVQPCmhkI
COLO-COLO ETERNO CAMPEON

EL ORGULLO NACIONAL

TT Rankings: #62 (S) & #92 (D).
Results Singles: W Auckland 09, Washington 09, Acapulco 10, 's-Hertogenbosch 10 & Fürth CH 08, F Bucharest 10, 's-Hertogenbosch 11 & Bucaramanga CH 09.
Results Doubles: W Bogota CH 08 (w/ClaudiuS), F Acapulco 09 (w/lucho_coria), Bucaramanga CH 09 (w/Gallina), ROLAND GARROS 09, Los Angeles 09 (w/juakos17) & Sunrise CH 10 (w/hallso).
ChinoRios4Ever is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 04:00 PM   #35
country flag Zirconek
Tênis Mambembe

Zirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond repute

Sociedade Esportiva Palmeiras

my earliest memory is losing a title to a small team, when Palmeiras was already 10 years without getting any championship (1986).
Old 02-15-2008, 04:03 PM   #36
country flag ChinoRios4Ever

ChinoRios4Ever has a reputation beyond reputeChinoRios4Ever has a reputation beyond reputeChinoRios4Ever has a reputation beyond reputeChinoRios4Ever has a reputation beyond reputeChinoRios4Ever has a reputation beyond reputeChinoRios4Ever has a reputation beyond reputeChinoRios4Ever has a reputation beyond reputeChinoRios4Ever has a reputation beyond reputeChinoRios4Ever has a reputation beyond reputeChinoRios4Ever has a reputation beyond reputeChinoRios4Ever has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zirconevs View Post
Mago Valdivia

TT Rankings: #62 (S) & #92 (D).
Results Singles: W Auckland 09, Washington 09, Acapulco 10, 's-Hertogenbosch 10 & Fürth CH 08, F Bucharest 10, 's-Hertogenbosch 11 & Bucaramanga CH 09.
Results Doubles: W Bogota CH 08 (w/ClaudiuS), F Acapulco 09 (w/lucho_coria), Bucaramanga CH 09 (w/Gallina), ROLAND GARROS 09, Los Angeles 09 (w/juakos17) & Sunrise CH 10 (w/hallso).
ChinoRios4Ever is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 04:05 PM   #37
country flag Zirconek
Tênis Mambembe

Zirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinoRios4Ever View Post
Mago Valdivia
Valdivia
Old 02-15-2008, 04:34 PM   #38
country flag Jelena

Jelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zirconevs View Post

my earliest memory is losing a title to a small team, when Palmeiras was already 10 years without getting any championship (1986).
Edu, can you tell me something about Caio? He came to Frankfurt now, but still didn't play for us.

favourites in other sports: Bolo Zenden, Bobo Gille and Tiago Camilo

A link to positive and encouraging music: K-Love My blog in German
Mikey, you're missed
on a mission
Jelena is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 04:37 PM   #39
country flag Martian Jenya

Martian Jenya has a reputation beyond reputeMartian Jenya has a reputation beyond reputeMartian Jenya has a reputation beyond reputeMartian Jenya has a reputation beyond reputeMartian Jenya has a reputation beyond reputeMartian Jenya has a reputation beyond reputeMartian Jenya has a reputation beyond reputeMartian Jenya has a reputation beyond reputeMartian Jenya has a reputation beyond reputeMartian Jenya has a reputation beyond reputeMartian Jenya has a reputation beyond repute

Belgium : RSC Anderlecht ( season card holder since the 2001-2002 season ) and KV Kortrijk.

England : Chelsea FC

Martina Hingis 4-Ever #1 in my heart : My addiction and devotion to you will never stop ! Loyal Martina Hingis fan 'till I die. 1996-2007
Chelsea FC : KTBFFH ! Loyal Belgian Blue since 1997.

Amy Lee Admirer 4-Life : The greatest singer ever seen

Martian Jenya is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 04:40 PM   #40
country flag dejosav

dejosav has a reputation beyond reputedejosav has a reputation beyond reputedejosav has a reputation beyond reputedejosav has a reputation beyond reputedejosav has a reputation beyond reputedejosav has a reputation beyond reputedejosav has a reputation beyond reputedejosav has a reputation beyond reputedejosav has a reputation beyond reputedejosav has a reputation beyond reputedejosav has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Religion View Post
Club Social y Deportivo Colo Colo de Chile

My earliest memory : I remember players like Carlos Caszely - Roberto Rojas - Lizardo Garrido - Raul Ormeño - Jaime Pizarro (later) in my team and watching them on TV in moments when the local football was showed on Televisión Nacional (Torneo Nacional and Copa Chile ) . I became in a fan cos the way like the team play is what I'm looking for in Football : a mixture between Spartan football and offensive football wherever we play

My best memory : Copa Libertadores 1991 . The sensation of being the best team in a whole continent is amazing ---> too good
Jaime Pizarro

GWH you already know , Red Star Belgrade
Earliest memory, one of derbies with FC Partizan, used to be big match here. People would talk about derby for weeks before and after the match.
Favourite moment - auto goal by Augenthaler in European Cup semi-final 1991.
National team - Nigeria 1994 with Yekini, Amunike, Amokachi, Oliseh, Okocha, Rufai...

Favourite player - Roberto Mancini and

Quote:
Originally Posted by SloKid View Post
Dejo majstore.
One and only
Old 02-15-2008, 09:01 PM   #41
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeChuck View Post
Sorry I replied to your post before you had a chance to edit it. Never mind.
No problem, the reply was informative.
I was always a bit confused because I knew East Belfast was where the shipyard workers lived and these were traditionally Prods, in the days before the ''troubles.'' There must have been an enclave of Catholics there though, because I am fairly sure that there was a disgusting amount of house-burnings there in the 60's and 70's.
Old 02-15-2008, 09:54 PM   #42
country flag Corey Feldman
Banned!

Corey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond repute

Paisley St Mirren FC, the buddies

as long as i remember

87 Scottish Cup winners and the club that gave Sir Alex Ferguson has first big break into management in the late 70's, too bad he fell out with a secretary over trying to help players get tax free expenses and increased wages and ended up being sacked and taking the club to court

who knows what might have been had he stayed ...

fave player of all time was Billy 'boy taggert' Davies and currently Mark 'Coco' Corcoran

we are moving ground for the start of next season... to Feg land, geez

the end of Love Street ... and the memories.
Corey Feldman is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 12:14 AM   #43
country flag rocketassist
Banned!

rocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond repute

Tranmere Rovers, England

Hometown club, in the third division of English football. A few friends chose to follow the nearest glory club (Liverpool) and be a sky tv fan, or follow Everton, Liverpool's smaller arch rival. Unlike most other leagues, the support and passion in the lower leagues is massive, and results in several large away support in many games.

I own a season ticket and go to about half of the away matches.

I spend about £500 a season on watching them!

As for preferred teams elsewhere:

Italy: Napoli
Japan: Urawa Reds
Argentina: Independiente
Brazil: Gremio
National teams: the British sides, Italy, Venezuela
rocketassist is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 12:18 AM   #44
country flag GlennMirnyi
Banned!

GlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketassist View Post
Tranmere Rovers, England

Hometown club, in the third division of English football. A few friends chose to follow the nearest glory club (Liverpool) and be a sky tv fan, or follow Everton, Liverpool's smaller arch rival. Unlike most other leagues, the support and passion in the lower leagues is massive, and results in several large away support in many games.

I own a season ticket and go to about half of the away matches.

I spend about £500 a season on watching them!

As for preferred teams elsewhere:

Italy: Napoli
Japan: Urawa Reds
Argentina: Independiente
Brazil: Gremio
National teams: the British sides, Italy, Venezuela
Never in doubt, such an acquired taste.
GlennMirnyi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 12:28 AM   #45
country flag adee-gee
_._._._._._

adee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond repute

Growing up as a kid, I lived in Glasgow where everyone supports Rangers or Celtic. My dad was the club doctor at Partick Thistle, so I naturally became a fan. Had a season ticket and went to almost every match home and away from the age of 4 to 12 (when I moved to London). Still go to matches when I go back up to Glasgow, but it's hard to follow us too passionately because we're in the Scottish division 1 now

When I moved to London, I didn't really support a team. I had watched loads of English footy, but didn't support a team as such. I lived fairly close to Spurs, and Ossie Ardiles was manager at the time and the matches were bloody entertaining. A lot of friends I made were Spurs fans, so I went along to some matches with them and that's how I became a fan. Got a season ticket for a few years, but then I had to give it up when I went to university, and aren't able to get it back now. Still make it to as many games as I can, usually 10-15 a season.

In foreign leagues, I don't passionately support anyone. I love watching Barca play though, Messi is a genius and tend to watch a lot of Spanish football. In Italy, my favourite team is probably AC because I like Kaka but I wouldn't say I care overwhelmingly much. They better beat Arsenal this week though
adee-gee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote