*~*~*~*~*~*~* Stan's Pictures *~*~*~*~*~*~* - Page 11 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-16-2008, 11:44 PM   #151
country flag Getta

Getta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: *~*~*~*~*~*~* Stan's Pictures *~*~*~*~*~*~*

Speechless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eden View Post
Really sad to see him in tears after he had to retire in Melbourne Hope he recovers soon.

Doris, Stan will definitely recover soon.
Getta is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-17-2008, 03:25 PM   #152
country flag martine2
yawn

martine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond repute

so sad to see him like this. Poor Stan
I hope for a quick recovery for him.

Last edited by martine2 : 01-30-2008 at 12:14 PM.
martine2 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 05:12 AM   #153
country flag jitterbug

jitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond repute

Hey guys here are some photos of Stan from his first-round match against Tursunov in Sydney. I was also at his match against Gicquel in Melbourne, and took lots of photos but I didn't get an autograph because I didn't want to bother him after he was obviously in pain

Anyway - hope you'd like them. The Melbourne photos would be up soon.

The importance of being Ernests Riga Mortis

Ernests Gulbis on seeing HEAD racquets being made by hand:
Quote:
I felt so bad. I didn’t break a racquet for like one month. They are putting so much effort to make the racquets and an idiot like me goes and breaks them
jitterbug is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 12:18 PM   #154
country flag martine2
yawn

martine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the pics Jitterbug

So you were at the match against Gicquel? I know he already had the injury before that match started, but did it bother him from the beginning of the match or did it aggravate that badly while playing?
It was so sad to see him in tears when he had to retire
Fortunately the injury doesn't seem to be that serious, according to his homepage.
Old 01-30-2008, 01:39 PM   #155
country flag jitterbug

jitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by martine2 View Post
Thanks for the pics Jitterbug

So you were at the match against Gicquel? I know he already had the injury before that match started, but did it bother him from the beginning of the match or did it aggravate that badly while playing?
It was so sad to see him in tears when he had to retire
Fortunately the injury doesn't seem to be that serious, according to his homepage.
You're welcome

To be honest, I didn't even realise he had an injury someone posted that he picked it up on the Sunday during training? I watched his first-round match against Benneteau and he practically blitzed through it.

The Gicquel match was good - lots of entertaining tennis - but Stani lost a lot of opportunities that he really should've won. I pegged it down to mental inconsistency at that time but then I realised that he was injured he did seem to take his time during changeovers at that match, like trying to get as much time to recover as he could.

Quote:
I felt so bad. I didn’t break a racquet for like one month. They are putting so much effort to make the racquets and an idiot like me goes and breaks them
Old 01-30-2008, 01:51 PM   #156
country flag jitterbug

... and may I say that the photo of Stan with Baggy on his homepage is insanely cute

Quote:
Old 01-31-2008, 10:00 AM   #157
country flag Sean.J.S.

Sean.J.S. has a reputation beyond reputeSean.J.S. has a reputation beyond reputeSean.J.S. has a reputation beyond reputeSean.J.S. has a reputation beyond reputeSean.J.S. has a reputation beyond reputeSean.J.S. has a reputation beyond reputeSean.J.S. has a reputation beyond reputeSean.J.S. has a reputation beyond reputeSean.J.S. has a reputation beyond reputeSean.J.S. has a reputation beyond reputeSean.J.S. has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for posting the pics.
Sean.J.S. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 01:23 PM   #158
country flag martine2
yawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by jitterbug View Post
... and may I say that the photo of Stan with Baggy on his homepage is insanely cute
Indeed 2 great guys together.
Many nice pics there btw.
Old 01-31-2008, 07:49 PM   #159
country flag Getta

Getta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the photos, Zahirah.

Quote:
Indeed 2 great guys together.
Many nice pics there btw.
Too bad I can't see those on the other forum.
Old 02-01-2008, 08:56 AM   #160
country flag martine2
yawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getta View Post
Thanks for the photos, Zahirah.

Too bad I can't see those on the other forum.
These pics are on Stan's homepage www.stanwawrinka.com
Old 02-01-2008, 02:17 PM   #161
country flag jitterbug

Some photos from Melbourne against Gicquel...

Quote:
Old 02-01-2008, 02:57 PM   #162
country flag martine2
yawn

Thanks!

On some of the pics it shows that he isn't feeling well at all...
Old 02-02-2008, 12:26 AM   #163
country flag Getta

Quote:
Originally Posted by jitterbug View Post
While the one with Andy Murray is insanely silly.
Old 02-02-2008, 12:43 AM   #164
country flag jitterbug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getta View Post
While the one with Andy Murray is insanely silly.
Andy's hair should be outlawed

I know I should post this somewhere but I'm too lazy to find the correct thread anyway, in the official AO programme they interviewed Baggy and he said Stan is his best friend on the tour. So during the match against Gicquel, there was a bunch of college-age Aussie kids behind me who were just waiting for the next match (all-Aussie doubles) to start.

The conversation amongst them went something like this:
"Who are we supporting?"

"We're supporting Stanislas."

"Okay! COME ON STAN! Is he Russian?"

"No, no he's.... *rustling paper* Swiss!"

"Oooh, like Lindt chocolate!"

"COME ON STANLEY - DO THIS FOR MARCOS!"

They also made some cheesey but funny 'Stan' puns along the way, something like: "Wow, that was outSTANding!" There were more, but I forgot good stuff.

Quote:
Old 02-02-2008, 12:52 AM   #165
country flag Getta

Quote:
These pics are on Stan's homepage www.stanwawrinka.com

Thanks for the clarification, Martine. I didn't get it at first.

I'm a regular visitor to Stan's website since last October.

Stan is a very close friend of Marcos. Last year, it was the last minute that Marcos chose to move to Cyprus instead of settling in Lausanne.