Australian Open 2008 - Page 13 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-20-2008, 12:41 PM   #181
country flag bittertea

bittertea has a reputation beyond reputebittertea has a reputation beyond reputebittertea has a reputation beyond reputebittertea has a reputation beyond reputebittertea has a reputation beyond reputebittertea has a reputation beyond reputebittertea has a reputation beyond reputebittertea has a reputation beyond reputebittertea has a reputation beyond reputebittertea has a reputation beyond reputebittertea has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Australian Open 2008

Utterly disappointed. I don't know what to make of Nalby's performance. Just bizarre... I was in disbelief throughout the match and miserable by the end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by my0118 View Post
He's also my new guy as well.
Me too. Kohli's composure won me over. He's just
bittertea is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-20-2008, 11:59 PM   #182
country flag the_natural

the_natural has a reputation beyond reputethe_natural has a reputation beyond reputethe_natural has a reputation beyond reputethe_natural has a reputation beyond reputethe_natural has a reputation beyond reputethe_natural has a reputation beyond reputethe_natural has a reputation beyond reputethe_natural has a reputation beyond reputethe_natural has a reputation beyond reputethe_natural has a reputation beyond reputethe_natural has a reputation beyond repute

I dont know if David was still injured but someone posted that he DIDNT CELEBRATE HIS BDAY SO HE COULD TRAIN FOR THE AUSSIE!!! Now think about that, he sacrificed so much just for this Aussie right? And just a week before he has major back spasms (very very worrying) that take him out of training for several days, and then he comes to the tournament WELL UNDER-DONE in terms of not only match play, but on court practice and with the thought in the back of his mind that he just had back spasms so hes physically vulnerable.

How demoralising do you think that is? To work so hard and have life through you such a harsh punch in the gut, now I dont know if you guys missed the end of the Luckzak match, but Nalby was Really striking the ball well, he was deadly towards the end, and in saving break points and stuff in the 3rd he was just laser like reminiscent of last year, but then this match with JCF was thrown out, scheduled for the net before and then they tell him at the last moment that its gonna be on early next morning, throws off your rhythmn who knows what time he got to bed and how long he slept, on top of that JCF was playing out of his mind tennis, and he was pushing David on the back foot from the outset. Not only was he smackin winners off both wings with confidence and serving huge, but he was keeping the ball in play as long as possible, even when david was coming up with some great angles and taking JCF right out of it, JCF threw up lots of defensive lobs or whatever he could to stay in the point cos he knew that david wasnt in 100% form to be able to sustain his brilliant shot making for too many points (he also knew that David was pushing his current limits in order to hit those shots).

Finally after losing the first 2 sets, maybe even after losing that first set, one can must believe that David woulda been thinking "how will i be able to cope in 4 sets especially with him playhing like this... or worse 5 sets, can my body hold out? will my back hold out? IF i make it through will this affect the rest of my year"... etc etc

I thought David moved alright but his ball striking was way off, his serve really deserted him, and he showed flashes of his old brilliance but was forced to have to show that brilliance too often, he was tested and just wasnt full prepared for it after that injury. Im glad he lost, maybe coulda done it in better style, but if he got through ferrer is even better at doin what JCF does, and would you really want him to have to work his butt off only to lose badly to the in form players like Nole or Federer?

Im hoping this is a blessing in disguise, he has now just had all that pressure of trying to win, off him, and he can properley rest the injury which wasnt very long ago, and then he can get back to training hard when fully recovered, hes also slipped back under the radar again which is for the best i think (Just hope he is looking at it in the same positive way)
the_natural is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 10:00 AM   #183
country flag my0118

my0118 has a reputation beyond reputemy0118 has a reputation beyond reputemy0118 has a reputation beyond reputemy0118 has a reputation beyond reputemy0118 has a reputation beyond reputemy0118 has a reputation beyond reputemy0118 has a reputation beyond reputemy0118 has a reputation beyond reputemy0118 has a reputation beyond reputemy0118 has a reputation beyond reputemy0118 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailarina View Post
LOL. I guess I wasn't the only one who was won over by Philipp Kohlschreiber (and daydreaming of a Philipp v David final). Should have known though that this was the group most likely to fall for blonde blue-eyed men with brilliant backhands

Quote:
Originally Posted by bittertea View Post
Me too. Kohli's composure won me over. He's just
Sorry I know it's Nalby's forum, but I guess we could unite as Nalby-Kohli fan
Old 01-21-2008, 10:17 AM   #184
country flag bailarina

bailarina has a reputation beyond reputebailarina has a reputation beyond reputebailarina has a reputation beyond reputebailarina has a reputation beyond reputebailarina has a reputation beyond reputebailarina has a reputation beyond reputebailarina has a reputation beyond reputebailarina has a reputation beyond reputebailarina has a reputation beyond reputebailarina has a reputation beyond reputebailarina has a reputation beyond repute

LOL Yeah. Maybe we can have a Nalby-Kohli forum Hahahaha!

I just came back from the Ferrero v Ferrer match and Ferrer was just brilliant. Juan Carlos was really really good but Ferrer was just putting one amazing shot after another in the final set. Sad to say it but having been present during David's first 2 matches in AO, I don't think he would have been ready to face Ferrer tonight. Going to a Grand Slam without any match practice.. I suppose I was far too optimistic.

!!!VAMOS DAVID!!!

Philipp Kohlschreiber, Giles Simon, David Ferrer, Tommy Robredo, Novak Djokovic
bailarina is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 10:51 AM   #185
country flag LeChuck

LeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond repute

As least Berdych lost to Federer, meaning that he can't overtake David in the rankings next week, and David should still be in the top 10.
LeChuck is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 11:38 AM   #186
country flag Joyce_23

Joyce_23 has a reputation beyond reputeJoyce_23 has a reputation beyond reputeJoyce_23 has a reputation beyond reputeJoyce_23 has a reputation beyond reputeJoyce_23 has a reputation beyond reputeJoyce_23 has a reputation beyond reputeJoyce_23 has a reputation beyond reputeJoyce_23 has a reputation beyond reputeJoyce_23 has a reputation beyond reputeJoyce_23 has a reputation beyond reputeJoyce_23 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailarina View Post
LOL Yeah. Maybe we can have a Nalby-Kohli forum Hahahaha!
You two can start that but not in here please. I'm not particulary interested in Kohli but hey, suggest it to the mods and maybe you guys can have the first joined forum on this board

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid it will never truely begin.
Joyce_23 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 01:09 PM   #187
country flag Stephan

Stephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry for Dave, can imagine what he fills

Did someone read his complete interview?
what David himself said?

what i coud find was just this:

It’ll be a long drive home for …

David Nalbandian. The No.10 seed went down without a whimper or an excuse. In his post match press conference all he could offer in way of explanation for his straight sets exit was: “He played better than me. That’s it. No big deal”.
Stephan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 06:35 PM   #188
country flag Getta

Getta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond repute

OK. Australian Open is over for David. No need to cry over split milk.

It's time to move on and focus on his upcoming tournaments.
Getta is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 12:41 AM   #189
country flag freeandlonely

freeandlonely has a reputation beyond reputefreeandlonely has a reputation beyond reputefreeandlonely has a reputation beyond reputefreeandlonely has a reputation beyond reputefreeandlonely has a reputation beyond reputefreeandlonely has a reputation beyond reputefreeandlonely has a reputation beyond reputefreeandlonely has a reputation beyond reputefreeandlonely has a reputation beyond reputefreeandlonely has a reputation beyond reputefreeandlonely has a reputation beyond repute

I find that I'm still sad for it.
I thought I can get over it very soon, I was wrong.
......Anyway, I love you Nalby.

ALWAYS BE TRUE TO YOURSELF
freeandlonely is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote