aust open 2008 - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-16-2008, 03:05 PM   #46
country flag higherlaw

higherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: aust open 2008

Esther, thank you for all the information. No problem on the pictures, just glad you're having a good time!

Seems Arnaud was fined, along with some others, for his obscenity during that match:
From heraldsun.com.au
AUSTRALIAN Open officials have wasted little time in a crackdown on player behaviour at Melbourne Park.

With the second round yet to finish, 12 players have been charged and fined.

Vince Spadea and Arnaud Clement were both fined $560 for audible obscenities.

Nicolas Almagro, Juan Ignacio Chela and Boris Pashanski were docked the same amount for racquet abuse.

And 2002 champion Thomas Johansson was penalised $560 for unsportsmanlike behaviour following his first-round defeat to Cypriot Marcos Baghdatis.

Hugo Armando, Alexadre Kudrayavtsev and Bjorn Rehnqvist were fined $280 for audible obscenities.

Gilles Muller, Philipp Petzchner and New South Welshman Nathan Healey were hit with the same fine for racquet abuse.

FYI, I'm working on some screen caps from the Schuettler match which I hope to post later today. In the meantime, here's a cap of the girls with the owl tattoos.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg owltats.jpg (45.4 KB, 23 views)
higherlaw is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-17-2008, 12:24 PM   #47
country flag esther

esther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond repute

THURSDAY- saw Arnauds doubles match today. Mika and arnaud played pretty well, closed out the match pretty easily. Not much to comment on really. Some really loud music started playing in the middle of the match (Robbie Williams Rock DJ haha) and i thought arnaud would have made more of a fuss (a la US open when a concert was too loud and he complained like a baby) but seemed alright.

I will post photos tomrorow.
Old 01-17-2008, 04:37 PM   #48
country flag higherlaw

higherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond repute

Here are some screen caps from what I thought was a funny show by Arnaud during his match vs Schuettler regarding a bad line call.

During the Venus/Camille match the commentators said Camille was dating Arnaud. Old information..., or is there something we should know?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg AO.jpg (44.9 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg AO1.jpg (64.7 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg AO2.jpg (67.4 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg AO3.jpg (66.8 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg AO4.jpg (66.1 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg AO5.jpg (69.9 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg AO6.jpg (74.9 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg AO7.jpg (48.6 KB, 10 views)

Last edited by higherlaw : 01-17-2008 at 05:16 PM.
Old 01-17-2008, 05:47 PM   #49
country flag barbottin

barbottin has a reputation beyond reputebarbottin has a reputation beyond reputebarbottin has a reputation beyond reputebarbottin has a reputation beyond reputebarbottin has a reputation beyond reputebarbottin has a reputation beyond reputebarbottin has a reputation beyond reputebarbottin has a reputation beyond reputebarbottin has a reputation beyond reputebarbottin has a reputation beyond reputebarbottin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by higherlaw View Post
Here are some screen caps from what I thought was a funny show by Arnaud during his match vs Schuettler regarding a bad line call.

During the Venus/Camille match the commentators said Camille was dating Arnaud. Old information..., or is there something we should know?

I don't think it's true as Camille said in an itw that she will leave Aix en Provence to live and practice in Paris after AO. If they were dating again, I guess she would stay in Aix. But everything is possible with love and Camille is so pretty ( If my girlfriend reads that, I will sleep on the sofa tonight )
barbottin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 09:03 PM   #50
country flag Marine

Marine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

What a comedian, arnaud on the pics ! lol
I watched camille's itw too on eurosport and now she's moved to paris after so many years in the south, sure that's definitly over between them.
She's very sweet, what a pity...

Guy Forget
Marine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 10:20 PM   #51
country flag higherlaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbottin View Post
[/b]

I don't think it's true as Camille said in an itw that she will leave Aix en Provence to live and practice in Paris after AO. If they were dating again, I guess she would stay in Aix. But everything is possible with love and Camille is so pretty ( If my girlfriend reads that, I will sleep on the sofa tonight )
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine View Post
What a comedian, arnaud on the pics ! lol
I watched camille's itw too on eurosport and now she's moved to paris after so many years in the south, sure that's definitly over between them.
She's very sweet, what a pity...
Camille

Arnaud was not trying to be funny. He was clearly quite angry and walked over to the Chair and let him know it. Then he then complained to the line judge, too. I thought was funny, however!
Old 01-17-2008, 11:27 PM   #52
country flag esther

esther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond repute

he complained about so many line calls that match. hes such a big baby!
Old 01-17-2008, 11:56 PM   #53
country flag esther

Photos From Arnauds Doubles First Round
Attached Images
File Type: jpg AUS OPEN 08 007 edit.JPG (207.8 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg AUS OPEN 08 009 edit.JPG (78.6 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg AUS OPEN 08 011 edut.JPG (204.9 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg AUS OPEN 08 006 edit.JPG (310.5 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg AUS OPEN 08 014 edit.JPG (123.7 KB, 9 views)
Old 01-17-2008, 11:57 PM   #54
country flag esther

im starting to get the impression that arnaud doesnt like australia as much as he used to
Old 01-18-2008, 07:37 PM   #55
country flag Hangdog

Hangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
FYI, I'm working on some screen caps from the Schuettler match which I hope to post later today. In the meantime, here's a cap of the girls with the owl tattoos.
I was quite curious about how fake owl tattoos could look like to attract cameras attention lol Thanks for all the caps
Quote:
Originally Posted by barbottin View Post
Camille was playing for a Paris club during Interclubs. I thought she was practising in Paris, too?
Quote:
Arnaud was not trying to be funny. He was clearly quite angry and walked over to the Chair and let him know it. Then he then complained to the line judge, too. I thought was funny, however!
I've noticed such hmmm... emotional ways of complaining are very typical for some French players and they see nothing funny or odd about that, just take it absolutely seriously and as a norm. But if I see their matches only a couple of times in a year it does look hilarious lol

Nicolas Devilder

Hangdog is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 08:59 PM   #56
country flag barbottin

barbottin has a reputation beyond reputebarbottin has a reputation beyond reputebarbottin has a reputation beyond reputebarbottin has a reputation beyond reputebarbottin has a reputation beyond reputebarbottin has a reputation beyond reputebarbottin has a reputation beyond reputebarbottin has a reputation beyond reputebarbottin has a reputation beyond reputebarbottin has a reputation beyond reputebarbottin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hangdog View Post
I was quite curious about how fake owl tattoos could look like to attract cameras attention lol Thanks for all the caps

Camille was playing for a Paris club during Interclubs. I thought she was practising in Paris, too?

I've noticed such hmmm... emotional ways of complaining are very typical for some French players and they see nothing funny or odd about that, just take it absolutely seriously and as a norm. But if I see their matches only a couple of times in a year it does look hilarious lol
Yes, she's playing for Lagardere Paris racing for two years now, but she was still working with her long time coach Eric Bremond in Aix en Provence. Bremond split with her because he wanted to dedicate all his time to his wife's carreer. I guess that Camille's new coach is from her club.
barbottin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 11:50 PM   #57
country flag Via

Via has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

these two guys mentioned in the same line for the same offence... unimaginable in the past for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by esther View Post
im starting to get the impression that arnaud doesnt like australia as much as he used to
because he isn't winning as much as he used to? i certainly feel that he's going through the motion now with the obligatory autographs for fans. he doesn't seem to care any more.

Quote:
THURSDAY- saw Arnauds doubles match today. Mika and arnaud played pretty well, closed out the match pretty easily. Not much to comment on really. Some really loud music started playing in the middle of the match (Robbie Williams Rock DJ haha) and i thought arnaud would have made more of a fuss (a la US open when a concert was too loud and he complained like a baby) but seemed alright.

I will post photos tomrorow.
well i saw another doubles match on friday (they just had to make sure i arrived on time every morning ) this time at a court on the vodafone side, and guess what... there're some beatles songs played repeatedly (not even performed by the original fabs) in the background, and even i found it pretty annoying!!!! lol

mika at one point couldn't keep his mouth shut about that any more... and he addressed the umpire as 'mate' when he complained about the music it took that umpire a second to realise that he's that 'mate' that mika was talking to.....
Via is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 11:52 PM   #58
country flag Via

Via has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond repute

btw many thanks for the screen caps and pics... higherlaw you're so good with these

but are we to believe that a guy rolling on the ground is dead serious about his point? and not trying to be funny
Via is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 06:52 PM   #59
country flag higherlaw

Quote:
he complained about so many line calls that match. hes such a big baby!
Funny, I had used that exact term for him also . Getting mad like that is so counter-productive to the issue at hand...winning the darn match !

Thanks for your pictures.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Via View Post
btw many thanks for the screen caps and pics... higherlaw you're so good with these

but are we to believe that a guy rolling on the ground is dead serious about his point? and not trying to be funny
Yup, quite serious; the big baby!

Thanks for the match reports.
Old 01-19-2008, 08:51 PM   #60
country flag Kezzi

Kezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Esther, thank you for all the information. No problem on the pictures, just glad you're having a good time!

Seems Arnaud was fined, along with some others, for his obscenity during that match:
From heraldsun.com.au
AUSTRALIAN Open officials have wasted little time in a crackdown on player behaviour at Melbourne Park.

With the second round yet to finish, 12 players have been charged and fined.

Nicolas Almagro, Juan Ignacio Chela and Boris Pashanski were docked the same amount for racquet abuse.

And 2002 champion Thomas Johansson was penalised $560 for unsportsmanlike behaviour following his first-round defeat to Cypriot Marcos Baghdatis.

Hugo Armando, Alexadre Kudrayavtsev and Bjorn Rehnqvist were fined $280 for audible obscenities.

Gilles Muller, Philipp Petzchner and New South Welshman Nathan Healey were hit with the same fine for racquet abuse.

I would rather go shopping with all that money
In Euros it doesn't look so bad, only 381,63 at this moment, but still... If Arno wants to lose that money, he can better give it to me, that's about the amount my trip to Marseille costs me