Standard Tournament Thread (posts 1-8) - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-19-2007, 05:01 PM   #1
country flag Labamba

Labamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond repute
Default Standard Tournament Thread (posts 1-8)

Tennis Tipping – ?

What is Tennis Tipping?

In the game, participants pick the winners of all main draw matches and are placed in a knock-out system. That means each participant plays a different participant and whoever predicted the winner of most matches correctly, moves on to the next round. The same applies for doubles, but you're in a team format and your scores are combined.

Note:

- In case of a tie, a tie-breaker will decide who moves on to the next round.

- In case a player (i.e. the actual ATP Player) retires in a match, this match will be counted as long as one point has been played. If players are replaced by a lucky loser after the start of Tennis Tipping, these matches will be cancelled.

How to Sign-Up:

Just post here that you would like to play. You can only play one tournament per week. Entries will be based on ranking. Everyone can commit.

Please read this post for more information
http://www.menstennisforums.com/show...14&postcount=1

How to send in picks:

Picks can be sent in as soon as the draws are ready. Remember, you pick a winner in every match! Picks should be sent by PM, so that your opponent does not know your picks. Picks should be titled: [TT: ?, day #]. Picks can be sent in anytime until the beginning of play each day. If you're still in both singles & doubles, you use the same tips for both. For doubles, you still tip the ATP singles matches, not the doubles! No changes can be made after the play has started.

PRECAUTIONARY MEASURE

If the board goes down as has happened before, send your picks to (email address)

Last edited by Labamba : 02-12-2010 at 11:08 AM.
Labamba is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-19-2007, 05:01 PM   #2
country flag Labamba

Labamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Standard Tournament Thread (posts 1-8)

Fact Sheet

Surface:
Date:
Tournament website:

1st Singles Entry Deadline: Sunday, 14th January 6:00 pm CET
Period for changes and doubles commitments: Sunday, 14th January 6:01 pm CET – Friday 19th January ? pm CET
Draw size for singles: 32 (28 direct entries, 4 qualy spots, 16 player qualy draw)
Draw size for doubles: 16 (14 direct entries, 2 qualy spots, 8 team qualy draw)
Time of the draw: QD Friday ? pm CET, MDS Saturday ? pm CET, MDD Saturday ? pm CET
Assistant manager:

Code:
TT RANKING POINTS

W....?
F....?
SF...?
QF...?
R16..?
R32..?
Q....?
Code:
TT ROLL OF HONOUR

Singles Finals

? def. ?

Doubles Finals

? def. ?

Last edited by Labamba : 12-10-2007 at 06:52 PM.
Old 01-19-2007, 05:02 PM   #3
country flag Labamba

Entry Lists

Code:
SINGLES MD ENTRY LIST (rankings from ?)
Code:
SINGLES QD ENTRY LIST (rankings from ?)
Code:
SEEDED PLAYERS (rankings from ?)

Main Draw

Qualifying Draw
Code:
DOUBLES MD ENTRY LIST (rankings from ?)
Code:
DOUBLES QD ENTRY LIST (rankings from ?)
Code:
SEEDED TEAMS (rankings from ?)

Main Draw

Qualifying Draw

Last edited by Labamba : 03-28-2007 at 04:41 PM.
Old 01-19-2007, 05:03 PM   #4
country flag Labamba

Singles Draw

Final

Matches Counted: 0
Matches Remaining: 0

00:00 |

Semi Finals

Quarter Finals

Second Round

First Round

Qualifying Final Round

Qualifying First Round

Last edited by Labamba : 01-25-2009 at 04:00 PM.
Old 01-19-2007, 05:03 PM   #5
country flag Labamba

Doubles Draw

Final

Semi Finals

Quarter Finals

First Round

Qualifying Final Round

Qualifying First Round

Old 01-19-2007, 05:04 PM   #6
country flag Labamba

Schedule of Play

Code:
TT SCHEDULE

SINGLES:

Saturday ~ TT Q1 & (Q2)
Sunday ~ TT Qualy Final Round
Monday ~ TT R32
Tuesday ~ TT R16
Wednesday & Thursday ~ TT QF
Friday ~ TT SF
Saturday & Sunday ~ TT Final

DOUBLES:

Saturday ~ TT Q1 & (Q2)
Sunday ~ TT Qualy Final Round
Monday & Tuesday ~ TT R16
Wednesday & Thursday ~ TT QF
Friday ~ TT SF
Saturday & Sunday ~ TT Final
Sunday

Saturday

Friday

Thursday

Wednesday

Tuesday

Monday

Qualy Sunday

Qualy Saturday

Code:
EXPLANATION:

Match with nothing after it's name - Just pick the winner
Match with SR after it's name - Pick the winner and the sets (Ex: Arthurs 2-1)
Match with PTS after it's name - Pick the whole score (Ex: Arthurs 6:7 7:6 6:1)
Old 01-19-2007, 05:04 PM   #7
country flag Labamba

Stats & Awards

Old 01-19-2007, 05:05 PM   #8
country flag Labamba

News & Info

TT Links

Singles Entry Rankings
Doubles Entry Rankings
TB Rules
Managers Thread 2010
TT Rules
World Clock

Last edited by Labamba : 04-02-2010 at 09:42 PM.
Old 01-19-2007, 05:10 PM   #9
country flag Labamba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labamba View Post
After a bit of a mess at the AO thread (sorry Gu, you're doing a great job there), I decided it was time to create a standard format for all the TT tournament threads. This way it's easier and faster for the players to find the information they are looking for. The problem with the AO thread is that the manager has only 3 posts for all the info and it makes things look messy when it's all in one post. There should be 7-8 posts for the manager to have in his/her control at the start of the thread.

Next I will go through all the posts that a TT tournament thread should have and then I will post an example from all of them.

Post #1 - 'Introduction to TT'

This post should only have the basic instructions of how to play TT and which tournament it is.

Post #2 - Fact Sheet

This post should include the key facts of the tournament, like the entry deadlines for singles and doubles, size of the draws, tournament ranking points table, time of the draws, etc.

Post #3 - Entry Lists

Singles and doubles entry lists + seeded players/teams lists

Post #4 - TT Singles Draw

Post #5 - TT Doubles Draw

Post #6 - Schedule of Play

This post should have the overall schedule for the tournament and the daily schedule of play.

Note to managers: Remember the new rule of saving the daily schedules of all days. Don't just edit the post with the new schedule, keep the old ones too.

Post #7 - Stats & Awards

Post #8 - News & Info

It's up to the managers if they want to use different colours, fonts, pictures and things like that for the threads, but this way all the TT threads would have the same structure.
It's recommended that managers would use this kind of structure for their threads, but it's up to them if they want to come up with something better. You can share your ideas for improvement in this thread.
Old 01-28-2007, 10:40 PM   #10
country flag Taz Warrior

Taz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond repute

This is great
We could also include a section under the Fact Sheet showing the previous winners of the tournament in singles and doubles.
Taz Warrior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 10:51 PM   #11
country flag Enjoy Incubus

Enjoy Incubus has a reputation beyond reputeEnjoy Incubus has a reputation beyond reputeEnjoy Incubus has a reputation beyond reputeEnjoy Incubus has a reputation beyond reputeEnjoy Incubus has a reputation beyond reputeEnjoy Incubus has a reputation beyond reputeEnjoy Incubus has a reputation beyond reputeEnjoy Incubus has a reputation beyond reputeEnjoy Incubus has a reputation beyond reputeEnjoy Incubus has a reputation beyond reputeEnjoy Incubus has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavnich77
This is great
We could also include a section under the Fact Sheet showing the previous winners of the tournament in singles and doubles.
That would be great! Make a post showing how would it be finished and i´ll put it on Buenos Aires thread.
Old 01-29-2007, 02:21 PM   #12
country flag Marksman

Marksman has a reputation beyond reputeMarksman has a reputation beyond reputeMarksman has a reputation beyond reputeMarksman has a reputation beyond reputeMarksman has a reputation beyond reputeMarksman has a reputation beyond reputeMarksman has a reputation beyond reputeMarksman has a reputation beyond reputeMarksman has a reputation beyond reputeMarksman has a reputation beyond reputeMarksman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavnich77 View Post
This is great
I done this in my San Jose thread here:

Code:
TT ROLL OF HONOUR

Singles Final

Aiken Drum(SCO) def Peta Pan (AUS)(4) 1:1 TB

Doubles Final

A_Skywalker(BUL)/Iza(ROM) def Peta Pan(AUS)/Bjorki(SWE)(2) 4:2

Tennis Tipping
Career Highlights - 3 ATP Titles Doha '07, Los Angeles '07, Indianapolis '07, Team GB Davis Cup Member '07,'08
2008 Highlights - Australian Open 'R16, Rotterdam 'SF, Dubai 'QF, WTC (GB) 'W, Indianapolis 'SF, Toronto 'SF, Olympics 'QF
2014 - The Return! US Open 'QF - Rank 90 (09/09)
Marksman is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 04:53 PM   #13
country flag Labamba

bump + some small updates
Old 06-01-2007, 10:47 PM   #14
country flag ExcaliburII

ExcaliburII has a reputation beyond reputeExcaliburII has a reputation beyond reputeExcaliburII has a reputation beyond reputeExcaliburII has a reputation beyond reputeExcaliburII has a reputation beyond reputeExcaliburII has a reputation beyond reputeExcaliburII has a reputation beyond reputeExcaliburII has a reputation beyond reputeExcaliburII has a reputation beyond reputeExcaliburII has a reputation beyond reputeExcaliburII has a reputation beyond repute

up

ExcaliburII is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 06:17 PM   #15
country flag Zirconek
Tênis Mambembe

Zirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond repute

I feel this thread needs a bump

well, I have some suggestions too
- some managers are already posting the ATP entry list, it could be standard, so the players can know who will be in the field.
-managers can also use the option to not show the signature, so the first page can be more clean
- add info to the title in each post (entry list, singles draw, awards and stats, etc)
- in TT links, links to tournaments in same week and last year tournament.