2012 MTF Mug of the Month: Wawrinka at it again - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-07-2008, 06:52 PM   #31
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2008 MTF Mug of the Month

So far I would say Hewitt is the Number 1 contender by far. The comments in his interview are priceless Nadal would be second at the moment, but it's a bit too early to tell. The best may be yet to come Thanks for this thread - it made me smile

Supporting Djoković, Tipsarević, Soderling, Tursunov, Youzhny, Cilić and quite a few more
*Ljubica* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-07-2008, 07:09 PM   #32
country flag Fee

Fee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone who nominated Fish needs to go stand in the corner for five minutes. NONE of his losses are surprises. He's a mug when he wins.

@dougrobson - Whoever is supplying Mahut with hair gel needs to ink a sponsorship deal now.

@Wimbledon - FYI, with @Wimbledon live scoring devices, please add 50 to the games in the fifth set of the Isner v Mahut match.

@HolterMedia - Nice to see that a three-day test has come to tennis here @wimbledon.

Andy wearring Crocs, courtesy of Smitty8
Fee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 07:11 PM   #33
country flag Albop
Banned!

Albop has a reputation beyond reputeAlbop has a reputation beyond reputeAlbop has a reputation beyond reputeAlbop has a reputation beyond reputeAlbop has a reputation beyond reputeAlbop has a reputation beyond reputeAlbop has a reputation beyond reputeAlbop has a reputation beyond reputeAlbop has a reputation beyond reputeAlbop has a reputation beyond reputeAlbop has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fee View Post
Anyone who nominated Fish needs to go stand in the corner for five minutes. NONE of his losses are surprises. He's a mug when he wins.
rigth , the same with querrey
Albop is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 07:13 PM   #34
country flag Fee

Fee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond repute

Sadly, that is true. But I hope that Sam gets it together this year. I'm beginning to wonder if he should have gone to university instead of joining the tour at 18, might have been good for him. Meh, he'll be okay eventually, he has good people around him.

@dougrobson - Whoever is supplying Mahut with hair gel needs to ink a sponsorship deal now.

@Wimbledon - FYI, with @Wimbledon live scoring devices, please add 50 to the games in the fifth set of the Isner v Mahut match.

@HolterMedia - Nice to see that a three-day test has come to tennis here @wimbledon.

Old 01-07-2008, 08:59 PM   #35
country flag KaxMisha

KaxMisha has a reputation beyond reputeKaxMisha has a reputation beyond reputeKaxMisha has a reputation beyond reputeKaxMisha has a reputation beyond reputeKaxMisha has a reputation beyond reputeKaxMisha has a reputation beyond reputeKaxMisha has a reputation beyond reputeKaxMisha has a reputation beyond reputeKaxMisha has a reputation beyond reputeKaxMisha has a reputation beyond reputeKaxMisha has a reputation beyond repute

Could people nominating Nadal please explain themselves? I mean sure, the scoreline was ridiculous, but Nadal losing to Youzhny on hard court is hardly surprising. Heck, Youzhny is ahead in their head to head on hard, so how was that a mug loss (other than the scoreline)? Andreev losing by a similar scoreline to Thomas Johansson clearly is a much more clear display of "muggness". Thus, so far: ANDREEV! This is bound to change by some freak loss in the Australian Open, though.
KaxMisha is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 09:03 PM   #36
country flag Corey Feldman
Banned!

Corey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond repute

Andreev, just when you think he cant go lower than a 1-6 0-6 thrashing in Doha ..................... he loses to Gasquet.
Corey Feldman is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 09:25 PM   #37
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaxMisha View Post
Could people nominating Nadal please explain themselves? I mean sure, the scoreline was ridiculous, but Nadal losing to Youzhny on hard court is hardly surprising. Heck, Youzhny is ahead in their head to head on hard, so how was that a mug loss (other than the scoreline)?
I agree with you, and would dare to add that even that scoreline wasn't as 'muggy' as some make it out to be. Of course I was shocked to see it happening but thinking back, after Raf had been on court for nearly four gruelling hours the day before and as such obviously being very tired (though I'm sure you'll consider this to be an archetypical 'rafatard'-excuse ), it is at least understandable that it happened the way it did against a player who's obviously a bad match-up for him on HC.

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 10:03 PM   #38
country flag Andi-M

Andi-M has a reputation beyond reputeAndi-M has a reputation beyond reputeAndi-M has a reputation beyond reputeAndi-M has a reputation beyond reputeAndi-M has a reputation beyond reputeAndi-M has a reputation beyond reputeAndi-M has a reputation beyond reputeAndi-M has a reputation beyond reputeAndi-M has a reputation beyond reputeAndi-M has a reputation beyond reputeAndi-M has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Escude View Post
Andreev, just when you think he cant go lower than a 1-6 0-6 thrashing in Doha ..................... he loses to Gasquet.
Escude dont worry there is still plenty of time for Gasquet to earn this prestigious title himself.

So very very proud to be a fan of Mr Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Double Grand slam champion. Olympic Gold Medalist. Holder of 9 Masters 1000 events # legend
Andi-M is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 10:06 PM   #39
country flag tangerine_dream
Last dance, Andy

tangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fee View Post
This is true.

And Sammy, I like the kid he's a good egg, but he is a mug. Sammug.
"What kind of shape am I in now? Well round is a shape." said Roddick with a laugh. "I had a very detailed retirement plan, and I feel like I've met every aspect of it: a lot of golf, a lot of carbs, a lot of fried food, and some booze, occasionally — I've been completely committed ... The results have shown."

Mugs Tennis Forums
tangerine_dream is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 10:09 PM   #40
country flag Henry Chinaski

Henry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond repute

It's undoubtedly Andreev so far. 0 and 1 v Tojo and then he loses 5 consecutive points v Gasquet to blow 3 set points in a breaker.

And yes I am talking through my wallet here.
Henry Chinaski is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 10:25 PM   #41
country flag KaxMisha

KaxMisha has a reputation beyond reputeKaxMisha has a reputation beyond reputeKaxMisha has a reputation beyond reputeKaxMisha has a reputation beyond reputeKaxMisha has a reputation beyond reputeKaxMisha has a reputation beyond reputeKaxMisha has a reputation beyond reputeKaxMisha has a reputation beyond reputeKaxMisha has a reputation beyond reputeKaxMisha has a reputation beyond reputeKaxMisha has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClayBuzza View Post
I agree with you, and would dare to add that even that scoreline wasn't as 'muggy' as some make it out to be. Of course I was shocked to see it happening but thinking back, after Raf had been on court for nearly four gruelling hours the day before and as such obviously being very tired (though I'm sure you'll consider this to be an archetypical 'rafatard'-excuse ), it is at least understandable that it happened the way it did against a player who's obviously a bad match-up for him on HC.
In general, I agree. As for the highlighted part - well, yes and no. He obviously was tired, but even if both Youzhny and Nadal are 100 % on hardcourt, Youzhny wins. Youzhny's problem is that he is very streaky, but when he is on, he is one of the best players on hardcourt. The part that bugs me about the "Nadal was tired" excuse is the implication most fans (not you!) put into it - namely that he would have won, had he been 100 %. The truth is, against Youzhny playing the way he did, Nadal still would have gotten comprehensively beaten. However, he certainly would not have won only 26 % of the points played. So yes, tiredness was a factor, but I believe its importance is greatly overstated by many Nadal fans. The scoreline would have been more competeitive, but the outcome would most likely have been the same anyway.
KaxMisha is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 10:39 PM   #42
country flag Fee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Chinaski View Post
It's undoubtedly Andreev so far. 0 and 1 v Tojo and then he loses 5 consecutive points v Gasquet to blow 3 set points in a breaker.

And yes I am talking through my wallet here.
You admit to it, and I TOTALLY respect you for that.

Old 01-07-2008, 11:11 PM   #43
country flag The Pro

The Pro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Pro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Pro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Pro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Pro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Pro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Pro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Pro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Pro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Pro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Pro has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobs View Post
You're in a grump at the moment

Ever been to imdb.com (or wtaworld for that matter)? It's all LISTS. Interesting discussions full of lists. I'll never understand it.

I'd hate it if my precious mtf went the same way...
The Pro is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 12:16 PM   #44
country flag Frooty_Bazooty

Frooty_Bazooty has a reputation beyond reputeFrooty_Bazooty has a reputation beyond reputeFrooty_Bazooty has a reputation beyond reputeFrooty_Bazooty has a reputation beyond reputeFrooty_Bazooty has a reputation beyond reputeFrooty_Bazooty has a reputation beyond reputeFrooty_Bazooty has a reputation beyond reputeFrooty_Bazooty has a reputation beyond reputeFrooty_Bazooty has a reputation beyond reputeFrooty_Bazooty has a reputation beyond reputeFrooty_Bazooty has a reputation beyond repute

All the mugs who still havent played a match this season! lazy bums, get on court!!!
Year end no. 1 in 2012

PAW Titles : 9 (WIMBLEDON '12, Washington '11, Acapulco '08, Stockholm '07, Houston '05, Monte Carlo TMS '04, Newport '04, Beijing '04, Moscow '04)
Finalist: 15 (Buenos Aires '12, Stockholm '11, Barcelona '11, Queen's 09, Nottingham '08, Las Vegas '08, Adelaide '08, Tokyo '06, St Poelten '06, Australian Open '05, St Poelten '05, Newport '05, Wimbledon '04, Houston '04, Basel '04)
Frooty_Bazooty is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 02:28 PM   #45
country flag tennizen

tennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaxMisha View Post
In general, I agree. As for the highlighted part - well, yes and no. He obviously was tired, but even if both Youzhny and Nadal are 100 % on hardcourt, Youzhny wins. Youzhny's problem is that he is very streaky, but when he is on, he is one of the best players on hardcourt. The part that bugs me about the "Nadal was tired" excuse is the implication most fans (not you!) put into it - namely that he would have won, had he been 100 %. The truth is, against Youzhny playing the way he did, Nadal still would have gotten comprehensively beaten. However, he certainly would not have won only 26 % of the points played. So yes, tiredness was a factor, but I believe its importance is greatly overstated by many Nadal fans. The scoreline would have been more competeitive, but the outcome would most likely have been the same anyway.
Their head-head on hard courts is 4-3 in favor of Youzhny. Their matches on hard courts have been extremely well contested except the Chennai one and the final set of USOpen. I don't feel that it was guaranteed that Youzhny was going to win leading into the final. I would say Youzhny on a given day is capable of beating Nadal on hard courts and no more than that.
This is detachment -- 
when the old is over and the new has not yet come. 
If you are afraid, the state may be distressing, 
but there is really nothing to be afraid of. 
Remember the instruction: 
Whatever you come across -- go beyond.”
tennizen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote