Oil pushes to $100 - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-05-2008, 03:38 AM   #31
country flag ~*BGT*~

~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Oil pushes to $100

Quote:
Originally Posted by MusicMyst View Post
Yes. ANY car can use E-10 (including my old 95 Saturn). It's not cheaper than any other gallon of gas, as it's simply indistinguisable from regular gas. You don't buy it at a special pump. The goal of E-10 is to use fewer barrels of oil over the same level of gasoline consumed. And in most states, it's required to be used because of air pollution levels. And, of course, the corn farmers love E-10.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Seinfeld View Post
its a law in most states to use E10, it should say on the pump
Thanks. I will look for it next time I fill up. I will probably have to drive to a nicer section of the city because I don't think it's available where I live.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaze-2004 View Post
Hybrid cars can run on electricity as well. I was out in California not too long ago and there were several people who can get 120 miles to a gallon of gas for their cars. They could plug it in at night and let it charge up the battery.

Basically, when you are in the city, it uses electricity to power the car, kinda like a golf cart, and it only uses gas on the highways.

But the problem was the car looks like a piece of shit. If we can get a good-looking stylish car that can get 120 mpg, why not?

Hydrogen power is also a way of the future
I saw a Ford SUV hybrid that was the coolest thing. I was walking to class and the truck was behind me, the driver waiting patiently for me to get out of his way. I didn't even hear it behind me. I would definitely get one. I really want a Civic or Accord hybrid.

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

un pour tous, tous pour un
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
~*BGT*~ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-05-2008, 03:43 AM   #32
country flag El Legenda
Not a Registered User

El Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackgirltennis View Post

I saw a Ford SUV hybrid that was the coolest thing. I was walking to class and the truck was behind me, the driver waiting patiently for me to get out of his way. I didn't even hear it behind me. I would definitely get one. I really want a Civic or Accord hybrid.
my mom just got the Ford Escape Hybrid..really nice car. when you start it you cant hear anything you cant hear anything until you hit like 25mph..once the gas engine starts kicking in.
http://blog.vehiclevoice.com/08FordEscape_01.jpg
Old 01-05-2008, 09:45 AM   #33
country flag Bilbo

Bilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyholly View Post
More nonsense from Bilbo.

What do you mean ''waste''? If a German drives 200 miles to see his family is that OK? But in a much larger country, if an American drives 400 miles to see his family, is that ''waste''?

Or do you think Americans buy gasoline and pour it down the drain? Think before you write.
a typical answer of a stubborn american you are. americans take their big cars just to go shopping half a mile away. they use their cars for everything. and how about all those big trucks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaze-2004 View Post
Dont let facts get in the way of your America bashing.

What's next? We buy oil just to burn our cars with? Awesome
another kind of a stubborn answer of a true waster you are. i've seen documentations of how americans waste oil, electricity and water like no other country. the american way of life is a big waste of these things. that my friend is a fact and any expert can tell you that.
Bilbo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 10:58 AM   #34
country flag Drunken

Drunken has a reputation beyond reputeDrunken has a reputation beyond reputeDrunken has a reputation beyond reputeDrunken has a reputation beyond reputeDrunken has a reputation beyond reputeDrunken has a reputation beyond reputeDrunken has a reputation beyond reputeDrunken has a reputation beyond reputeDrunken has a reputation beyond reputeDrunken has a reputation beyond reputeDrunken has a reputation beyond repute

This thread reminds me of one of the radio commercials in the Grand Theft Auto 3 game -

Phil and I just had another kid. So of course we need a bigger SUV. Being a mom is hard, with soccer, football and lacrosse practice, so we bought the new Maibatsu Monstrosity. It's so big...we lost little Joey in the back and couldn't find him for an hour! When I'm rushing to the mall, or talking on my cell phone, I know me and my family are safe. The Maibatsu Monstrosity has 4-wheel drive, and in amphibious mode... it can cross rivers. So far I've only hit a few puddles, but it's good to know it's there. With the time I save taking shortcuts through the strip-mall parking lot I can focus on the important things. Like gazing longingly at the pool boy or...buying more exercise equipment off the TV. So what if it gets 3 miles to the gallon!? I'm a mom, not a conservationist!

The new Maibatsu Monstrosity... mine's bigger!

Anyway, I like America but American economy is in a mess. Unsustainable debts have taken them to colonizing oil rich countries to try to keep their consumer society going. Fun, fun.
Drunken is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 11:20 AM   #35
country flag Bilbo

Bilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken View Post
Anyway, I like America but American economy is in a mess. Unsustainable debts have taken them to colonizing oil rich countries to try to keep their consumer society going. Fun, fun.
jep
Bilbo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote