Anastasia Myskina pregnant - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 12-30-2007, 12:15 PM   #16
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anastasia Myskina pregnant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
Not necessary. Look at Davenport.
I personally think Davenport is the exception though. She is also supported 24/7 by her husband, who travels with her and helps with the baby, which is something Anastasia does not have.

Of course, women can continue to have a successful career after giving birth, but, in my opinion, there's a hell of a lot of difference between returing to the top of a sedentary job or in business (where you can effectively remain working until the last minute), and doing so as a top-class athlete With the best will in the world, no pregnant woman can train as hard and rigourously as a non-pregnant one, so Anastasia wll lose 6-9 months of training and fitness, during whch time, the other girls will overtake her in rankings, strength and fitness. Add to that the fact that most of the tennis circuit involves non-stop travelling, long-haul flights and changes of routine/Hotels etc, it is not the best start in life for a baby under a year old. Most of the male players I know with families rarely take their partners and babies on tour with them for the first year of a child's life, unless it is a "local" tournament, as the baby needs stability not constant travelling and changes of routine.

I would say she may come back in 2009 to play the odd exhibition and maybe some smaller tournaments, but I don't personally see iher returning to the top echelons of the game, when she will be a single Mother who is not getting any younger (in tennis terms), and younger women with more time to train will be coming up all the time.

I wish her all the best though - as ClayBuzza said, there is more to life then tennis, and giving her baby the best start in life must surely be way more important and fulfilling than the tennis circuit. Good luck to her.

Supporting Djoković, Tipsarević, Soderling, Tursunov, Youzhny, Cilić and quite a few more
*Ljubica* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-30-2007, 12:19 PM   #17
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

cobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond repute

^^ I also wonder if her last 2 years of lackluster results has fueled her decision in any way. Even tougher to come back when you were already having troubles.
Either way I wish her and her family the best.
cobalt60 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 07:22 AM   #18
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cat Lady View Post
I personally think Davenport is the exception though. She is also supported 24/7 by her husband, who travels with her and helps with the baby, which is something Anastasia does not have.

Of course, women can continue to have a successful career after giving birth, but, in my opinion, there's a hell of a lot of difference between returing to the top of a sedentary job or in business (where you can effectively remain working until the last minute), and doing so as a top-class athlete With the best will in the world, no pregnant woman can train as hard and rigourously as a non-pregnant one, so Anastasia wll lose 6-9 months of training and fitness, during whch time, the other girls will overtake her in rankings, strength and fitness. Add to that the fact that most of the tennis circuit involves non-stop travelling, long-haul flights and changes of routine/Hotels etc, it is not the best start in life for a baby under a year old. Most of the male players I know with families rarely take their partners and babies on tour with them for the first year of a child's life, unless it is a "local" tournament, as the baby needs stability not constant travelling and changes of routine.

I would say she may come back in 2009 to play the odd exhibition and maybe some smaller tournaments, but I don't personally see iher returning to the top echelons of the game, when she will be a single Mother who is not getting any younger (in tennis terms), and younger women with more time to train will be coming up all the time.

I wish her all the best though - as ClayBuzza said, there is more to life then tennis, and giving her baby the best start in life must surely be way more important and fulfilling than the tennis circuit. Good luck to her.
Jon, Davenport's husband supports her return to the tour but he doesn't travel with Lindsay. She mainly travels with a nanny and her mother to Indonesia for her first tour.

I agree the same support system is not there for Myskina (a husband and a mother) but if she is determined enough, she can do it. Although as mentioned by you and Sue, her will may not be there.
Lee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 08:52 PM   #19
country flag Maxine

Maxine has a reputation beyond reputeMaxine has a reputation beyond reputeMaxine has a reputation beyond reputeMaxine has a reputation beyond reputeMaxine has a reputation beyond reputeMaxine has a reputation beyond reputeMaxine has a reputation beyond reputeMaxine has a reputation beyond reputeMaxine has a reputation beyond reputeMaxine has a reputation beyond reputeMaxine has a reputation beyond repute

My first thought was worry for the child

I wonder how badly the baby will turn out if she stays the way she is. I think there is likely to be some complications if she doesn't start changing her lifestyle. Someone of her weight is already virtually underweight and I hope she wises up and eats well and puts on enough weight during the pregnancy.
Maxine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 09:12 PM   #20
country flag Richard_from_Cal

Richard_from_Cal has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_from_Cal has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_from_Cal has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_from_Cal has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_from_Cal has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_from_Cal has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_from_Cal has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_from_Cal has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_from_Cal has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_from_Cal has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_from_Cal has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cat Lady View Post

I just posted, on another tennis message board, a congratulations to/about Evonne Goolagong Cawley: belatedly given the #1 ranking.

She, came back, after childbirth, to win Wimby. I remember her...

If, the most important thing in Anastasia's life is G-o-d...I imagine she will be back, at the top. Isn't life too good there? Drawbacks: she doesn't apparently have a male life-partner (what do I really know about her family?--) or even where she'll grant the child's citizenship.

...but, best of luck Anastasia!! ...I always thought you were a cutie.

…”A HOBO Travels to work,
A tramp travels and won't work
A bum neither travels or works”
-=-=-=-=-=-
…hobotraveler (link <--it's a site by hobos, for hobos...it's very slow)…

Nomad Backpackers <--link
Richard_from_Cal is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 05:07 AM   #21
country flag BelgianWaffle

BelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond repute

unexpected! Congrats, Nastya!
BelgianWaffle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote