OFF SEASON NEWS: Knocked Down in 2007, But Getting Back Up Again In 2008 - Page 23 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 12-20-2007, 10:02 PM   #331
country flag ChinoRios4Ever

ChinoRios4Ever has a reputation beyond reputeChinoRios4Ever has a reputation beyond reputeChinoRios4Ever has a reputation beyond reputeChinoRios4Ever has a reputation beyond reputeChinoRios4Ever has a reputation beyond reputeChinoRios4Ever has a reputation beyond reputeChinoRios4Ever has a reputation beyond reputeChinoRios4Ever has a reputation beyond reputeChinoRios4Ever has a reputation beyond reputeChinoRios4Ever has a reputation beyond reputeChinoRios4Ever has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OFF SEASON NEWS: Knocked Down in 2007, But Getting Back Up Again In 2008

last olympics were 4 players and 1 doubles team max...

i dont know the system for next olympics

could be great to have Feña, Nico and Paul plus Feña/Nico in doubles

also i hope Paul enter the top 100 soon and staying there for many time

TT Rankings: #62 (S) & #92 (D).
Results Singles: W Auckland 09, Washington 09, Acapulco 10, 's-Hertogenbosch 10 & Fürth CH 08, F Bucharest 10, 's-Hertogenbosch 11 & Bucaramanga CH 09.
Results Doubles: W Bogota CH 08 (w/ClaudiuS), F Acapulco 09 (w/lucho_coria), Bucaramanga CH 09 (w/Gallina), ROLAND GARROS 09, Los Angeles 09 (w/juakos17) & Sunrise CH 10 (w/hallso).
ChinoRios4Ever is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-20-2007, 10:09 PM   #332
country flag NicoFan

NicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OFF SEASON NEWS: Knocked Down in 2007, But Getting Back Up Again In 2008

Thanks Felipe!

It would be great to have all three.

I like Paul's brother William...he's a sweetie.
NicoFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 05:28 PM   #333
country flag NicoFan

NicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond repute

Latercera is saying that Nico's first tournament is Auckland.

But I don't see him on the entry list nor does he have a WC (and don't think that Auckland would give him one...) so I guess that means that he's going to try to qualify?

I don't think that qualifying is going to do him any good at all. He needs to PLAY. Maybe he should do the challenger? Who knows...his ranking is such a mess right now...
Old 12-24-2007, 06:19 PM   #334
country flag kidnicky
Could it be any harder...

kidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know why you keep trusting in what the chilean press says, we have seen like a million of times that they don't have the correct information about Nico ... there's still one wild card available in Auckland, Nico said that it was very posible that he could have one but there's no info about it yet

and the challenger that we're talking about is during the week before Auckland not in the same week ... and he's not playing there, besides no matter what happens with the wc in Auckland, he can't play in this side of the world since it's a loooooong flight to Australia and he wouldn't have enough time to be there in time for the Aus Open, that's why I was confused with the challenger in Brasil and then Felipe told me that it is the week before

AC MILAN

Paolo Maldini
The second thing that gets better with age

kidnicky is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 06:43 PM   #335
country flag NicoFan

He could play in the challenger - it's next week. Even if he went all the way to the final on Sunday that would give him like five days to get to Australia.

Auckland would be better if he could get the wc, but I'm afraid that if he qualifies and loses as usual, he won't have any playing time in before the Oz Open....which means another wasted trip.

He needs points desperately...he needs to figure out a way to get them as quickly as possible, and since he didn't bother to play in the Copa Petrbras, he needs to get those points now.
Old 12-24-2007, 06:50 PM   #336
country flag kidnicky

kidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond repute

of course that he could have played the challenger but my point was because both of us believed that the challenger was in the same week as Auckland so if he doesn't get the wc in Auckland there's no possibility for him to play a challenger instead for the trip to Australia.

Maybe he'll get the wc after all, who knows, I read that some guy from Australia got one and his ranking is almost non existent the other one went to Mario Ancic that has more motives to get a wc than the other guy so I guess Nico still has a chance besides now there have been more than a couple of wo's from the tournament, let's wait and see the next week what happens.

AC MILAN

Paolo Maldini

Old 12-24-2007, 06:52 PM   #337
country flag NicoFan

He doesn't have the luxury to wait and see...he needs to get points. If he waits and he doesn't get a wc, he's screwed. If you look at the entry lists, everyone else is figuring out what they have to do. A lot of the low ranked guys like himself are playing in challengers next week. And his fellow Chilean Paul is playing in India...he's lower ranked than Nico...why didn't Nico go to India? He is still approaching his schedule as if he is ranked high...he has to adjust his expectations to the reality of the situation...his ranking is horrid and he has to schedule according to that situation.
Old 12-24-2007, 06:55 PM   #338
country flag kidnicky

we know that but probably he doesn't .... and I said that we'd have to wait and see what happens not him I'm sure that he already knows what he is going to do if he doesn't get the WC but of course that we won't know it until the last minute as always

AC MILAN

Paolo Maldini

Old 12-26-2007, 03:54 PM   #339
country flag kidnicky

I read in cooperativa that he'll be playing the quallies in Auckland so I guess that it's almost for sure that he's going there

AC MILAN

Paolo Maldini

Old 12-26-2007, 04:00 PM   #340
country flag NicoFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidnicky View Post
I read in cooperativa that he'll be playing the quallies in Auckland so I guess that it's almost for sure that he's going there