The "Let's Stay out of the Tabloids kthanks" 2007 News Thread! - Page 63 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 12-06-2007, 05:58 PM   #931
country flag kaylee

kaylee has a reputation beyond reputekaylee has a reputation beyond reputekaylee has a reputation beyond reputekaylee has a reputation beyond reputekaylee has a reputation beyond reputekaylee has a reputation beyond reputekaylee has a reputation beyond reputekaylee has a reputation beyond reputekaylee has a reputation beyond reputekaylee has a reputation beyond reputekaylee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The "Let's Stay out of the Tabloids kthanks" 2007 News Thread!

I wonder if he knows?
kaylee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-11-2007, 10:13 PM   #932
country flag tangerine_dream
Last dance, Andy

tangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports...11gallery.html

DANCING PARTNERS?

Cheryl Burke, who tangoed to a title with Emmitt Smith in 2006, gives us five other sports personalities she'd love to partner with on future “Dancing With The Stars” seasons:

1. David Beckham. If he's half as much fun to be around as (Spice Girl) Mel B, then he'd be an amazing partner to have.

2. Mark Messier. He's been called one of the greatest leaders in sports so I think that he'd be a great leader on the dance floor.

3. Jimmy Johnson. We've seen that an IndyCar driver can win the competition so I think that he could really satisfy the question of which is better: NASCAR or IndyCar?

4. David Ortiz. I just love that his nickname is Big Papi. But he would always have to be announced as Big Papi – And now dancing the Cha Cha Cha . . . Big Papi.

5. Andy Roddick. I've read a few quotes from him in the media and he seems to have the sense of humor that would make him ideal for the show.

*edit*

Added FoxNews screencap from Dec. 29
Attached Images
File Type: jpg overhillfox.jpg (153.7 KB, 6 views)
"What kind of shape am I in now? Well round is a shape." said Roddick with a laugh. "I had a very detailed retirement plan, and I feel like I've met every aspect of it: a lot of golf, a lot of carbs, a lot of fried food, and some booze, occasionally — I've been completely committed ... The results have shown."

Mugs Tennis Forums

Last edited by tangerine_dream : 12-31-2007 at 12:27 AM.
tangerine_dream is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 10:30 PM   #933
country flag partygirl

partygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond repute

oh yes, he must dance.
partygirl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 12:42 AM   #934
country flag snaillyyy
rainha (:

snaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond repute

LMAO! I would almost pay to see that

snaillyyy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 01:29 PM   #935
country flag kaylee

kaylee has a reputation beyond reputekaylee has a reputation beyond reputekaylee has a reputation beyond reputekaylee has a reputation beyond reputekaylee has a reputation beyond reputekaylee has a reputation beyond reputekaylee has a reputation beyond reputekaylee has a reputation beyond reputekaylee has a reputation beyond reputekaylee has a reputation beyond reputekaylee has a reputation beyond repute

OMG Andy doing the Tango hmmmmmmmmm!
kaylee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 10:14 PM   #936
country flag blosson
La La Land

blosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond repute

Andy can't even pretend he's dancing. I rather see him in a figure skating contest.
blosson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2007, 06:33 PM   #937
country flag Kate87

Kate87 has a reputation beyond reputeKate87 has a reputation beyond reputeKate87 has a reputation beyond reputeKate87 has a reputation beyond reputeKate87 has a reputation beyond reputeKate87 has a reputation beyond reputeKate87 has a reputation beyond reputeKate87 has a reputation beyond reputeKate87 has a reputation beyond reputeKate87 has a reputation beyond reputeKate87 has a reputation beyond repute

some small things I've just found

among Tom Perrotta's 12 wishes for 2008:
Quote:

1. Roger Federer wins the French Open–and no other majors.....

Alternate wish, just to spice things up: Federer wins three majors but again loses the French Open final – this time to Andy Roddick. Now that’s a story.

6. A baseball cap ban.
Yes, that’s right I’m looking for the WTA and ATP to ban baseball caps unless players need to shield their eyes from the sun or keep the heat off their heads. Tennis players, in the main, are a stylish and unique bunch. Why hide it under a bland cap? Anyone notice how much more interesting Djokovic is without one (he lost it late in the season)? At least we can start with a ban on backwards caps. Yes, that means you, Richard Gasquet.

8. Santa Claus brings Andy Roddick some shirts that fit. Stop tugging!
http://tennis.com/features/general/f...aspx?id=108972

Steve Tignor: 10 Gifts from '07
Quote:
7. Andy Roddick Shows His Many Sides
The image Roddick would like to remember most from 2007 came at the end of his last match, against Dmitry Tursunov in the Davis Cup final in Portland. Roddick finished with arms outstretched, the U.S. crowd applauding thunderously. Some people might have other memories of Roddick in '07—the deer in the headlights look he had by the end of his loss to Richard Gasquet at Wimbledon, perhaps.

For me, Roddick’s most memorable moments were more obscure, and revealing. The first came at the Australian Open, where he played one of the best matches of the year, a five-set tug of war with Mario Ancic. Roddick had started this tournament in an ugly way, berating the lower-ranked Jo-Wilfried Tsonga in the first round for daring to hang with him in a first-set tiebreaker. The next week, Roddick, playing a guy he respected, turned his attitude around 180 degrees. Anyone watching his match with Ancic might have expected the winner to drop to his knees in celebration (this certainly would have been the case if Novak Djokovic had been involved), but when Roddick clinched it 6-4 in the fifth, he raised an arm calmly and . . . that was it. He had too much respect for his opponent and the match they had just played to rub his face in his defeat. Instead, Roddick and Ancic walked to the net for an old-school handshake—no hugs, no head rubs, just a nod of respect for a match well fought.

Fast-forward five months to the final at Queens Club. Roddick played Nicolas Mahut in an entertaining three-setter. The American couldn’t seem to decide whether he respected Mahut, even while the Frenchman was pounding him through the first two sets. Mahut reached match point and had an easy passing shot lined up. With his first career title on the line, he rushed and drilled the ball into the tape. Instead of turning around to walk back to the baseline, Roddick backpedaled and watched Mahut the whole way. The look on Roddick’s face was, simultaneously, one of shock, relief, scorn, arrogance, and, somewhere deep down in there . . . sympathy. He could relate. Mahut had, perversely, earned his respect at that moment.

How many other professional athletes, let alone tennis pros, can express anything like that range of emotions while they play? It's why we’ll miss Andy Roddick when he’s gone.
http://tennisworld.typepad.com/thewr...s-from-07.html

Peter Bodo asks Santa to give presents to tennis pros:
Quote:

Andy Roddick:
Tonya Harding's cell phone number.
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/blog/...ame=bodo_peter

and an American diver(who I personally don't know - although that means nothing ) mentioned Andy in an interview(and yahoo found it for me)
Quote:
From the Municipool in Logan to the grand stage that is the Olympic Games, Cache Valley native and world-class diver Justin Wilcock has his eyes set on achieving his life-long goal of an Olympic gold medal.

HJ: Did you have an opportunity to rub shoulders with any of those superstars?

Wilcock: Yeah, a few celebrities. The U.S. delegation had an athletes lounge where you could go relax and hang out. One night toward the end of the games, a bunch of athletes were down there. We were watching TV and Andy Roddick was in there. I tell everyone that I watched TV with Andy Roddick.
http://hjnews.townnews.com/articles/...s/sports01.txt

oh and tennis.com mentions Andy as one of the mentally toughest guys on the Tour nowadays

besides them rooting for: Bob Bryan; Mike Bryan; MarTy Fish

Last edited by Kate87 : 12-25-2007 at 06:40 PM.
Kate87 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2007, 06:39 PM   #938
country flag Deboogle!.
Vamos Mandy :)

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate87 View Post
This was great, thanks

Quote:
oh and tennis.com mentions Andy as one of the mentally toughest guys on the Tour nowadays

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Deboogle!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2007, 06:42 PM   #939
country flag Kate87

Kate87 has a reputation beyond reputeKate87 has a reputation beyond reputeKate87 has a reputation beyond reputeKate87 has a reputation beyond reputeKate87 has a reputation beyond reputeKate87 has a reputation beyond reputeKate87 has a reputation beyond reputeKate87 has a reputation beyond reputeKate87 has a reputation beyond reputeKate87 has a reputation beyond reputeKate87 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deboogle!. View Post
This was great, thanks
yeah, it is just too good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deboogle!. View Post
actually I wanted to write that that is the joke for today

besides them rooting for: Bob Bryan; Mike Bryan; MarTy Fish
Kate87 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2007, 06:42 PM   #940
country flag Tytta!.
(:

Tytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond repute

Tytta!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2007, 07:39 PM   #941
country flag cath777

cath777 has a reputation beyond reputecath777 has a reputation beyond reputecath777 has a reputation beyond reputecath777 has a reputation beyond reputecath777 has a reputation beyond reputecath777 has a reputation beyond reputecath777 has a reputation beyond reputecath777 has a reputation beyond reputecath777 has a reputation beyond reputecath777 has a reputation beyond reputecath777 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It's why we’ll miss Andy Roddick when he’s gone.
Man, sounds like he expects Andy to retire by the end of the year
cath777 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 07:15 PM   #942
country flag Jade Fox

Jade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangerine_dream View Post
http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports...11gallery.html

DANCING PARTNERS?

Cheryl Burke, who tangoed to a title with Emmitt Smith in 2006, gives us five other sports personalities she'd love to partner with on future “Dancing With The Stars” seasons:

1. David Beckham. If he's half as much fun to be around as (Spice Girl) Mel B, then he'd be an amazing partner to have.

2. Mark Messier. He's been called one of the greatest leaders in sports so I think that he'd be a great leader on the dance floor.

3. Jimmy Johnson. We've seen that an IndyCar driver can win the competition so I think that he could really satisfy the question of which is better: NASCAR or IndyCar?

4. David Ortiz. I just love that his nickname is Big Papi. But he would always have to be announced as Big Papi – And now dancing the Cha Cha Cha . . . Big Papi.

5. Andy Roddick. I've read a few quotes from him in the media and he seems to have the sense of humor that would make him ideal for the show.

Andy must do this. I bet all my vcash that he would win.

The side pieces
The Sweet but Dopey Argentine
The Bulgarian Headcase
That Douche from Australia

And when the daylight's fading we're gonna play in the dark til it's golden again
Jade Fox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote