Armchair Analysis: The Birth of a Bandwagon..... - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-06-2007, 09:40 AM   #46
country flag sigmagirl91
Miss Thang

sigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Armchair Analysis, or when will David get another tournament win?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wenty View Post
Maybe he'll bounce back in the hard court part of this season...after all, he doesnt have too many points to defend in the hard court tournaments.
I doubt it-seriously I do.
Advertisement

Old 05-11-2007, 03:30 PM   #47
country flag Hola Mr. SK
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Hola Mr. SK has a reputation beyond reputeHola Mr. SK has a reputation beyond reputeHola Mr. SK has a reputation beyond reputeHola Mr. SK has a reputation beyond reputeHola Mr. SK has a reputation beyond reputeHola Mr. SK has a reputation beyond reputeHola Mr. SK has a reputation beyond reputeHola Mr. SK has a reputation beyond reputeHola Mr. SK has a reputation beyond reputeHola Mr. SK has a reputation beyond reputeHola Mr. SK has a reputation beyond repute

the day when he realizes that his prize money is not enough for his rally team to develop any further...
Hola Mr. SK is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 05:01 AM   #48
country flag wenty

wenty has a reputation beyond reputewenty has a reputation beyond reputewenty has a reputation beyond reputewenty has a reputation beyond reputewenty has a reputation beyond reputewenty has a reputation beyond reputewenty has a reputation beyond reputewenty has a reputation beyond reputewenty has a reputation beyond reputewenty has a reputation beyond reputewenty has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by skykisser View Post
the day when he realizes that his prize money is not enough for his rally team to develop any further...
wenty is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 06:15 PM   #49
country flag sigmagirl91
Miss Thang

sigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Armchair Analysis, or were the journos right?

I just wonder if the stuff about him retiring at the end of the year is right. He has not specifically addressed this question when asked; instead, he's blowing it off. Is there something happening that no one knows about? Today's match gives us something to think about, right?
Old 07-02-2007, 06:26 PM   #50
country flag justClaudia

justClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Armchair Analysis, or were the journos right?

let's deal with this later, like he seems to be doing, because I am honestly not ready to think of the tour without him.

today's match certainly makes one question, but I still think he is very young to even consider retirement.

he still has many tennis left in him. I believe that.
and I am ready to support a top20, top30 or even lower. just as long as I feel he is commited and enjoying the game. I have no problem with that.
justClaudia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 11:25 PM   #51
country flag sigmagirl91
Miss Thang

Default Re: Armchair Analysis: The Birth of a Bandwagon.....

The 2007 season is officially in the books-save for some hit-and-giggle exhos going on in other places-and our David has claimed his piece of history in it.

For all intents and purposes, David was O-U-T, ready to retire, ready to kiss tennis goodbye (that's what we thought). As we, and everyone else on MTF, would learn, you never count a person out-no matter how down they look or even are at the moment. Even though David's ranking had fallen further than many of us here would have liked, he came back.

No one here gave him a chance in hell of making a significant dent in the indoor season. After all, he did not advance past the quarterfinals of any tournament he played this year. So, why would we think he'd do any better? Just write him off as fat, lazy, and useless....that was the prevailing logic, and I wonder if anyone here had done the same thing.

By the time the indoor season commenced, no one was talking about David-not even WE were talking about him, as evidenced by the dearth of posts in this forum. Up until Madrid, his name was practically off the radar. In fact, the second round of that very tournament almost saw him crash and burn in the same predictable fashion that his other results this year bore out. He was down 6-4 4-0 to Berdych before he pulled off the impossible...before he eeked out the win that would reverse his fortunes.

He would go on to claim wins against the top three players (only the third player to do so)in quick succession on his way to the Madrid crown..then, just as predictably, he crashed out in Basel to Wawrinka in the opening round. Just to show us that Madrid was not a fluke, he came back strong in Paris, defeating the top-ranked Federer again to even their series at 8-8 and Nadal in the final to claim his second Masters crown.

What does that mean for us? A lot because no player this year ever defeated the top two players in successive Masters series tournaments prior to David's having done so, and because David is the second player to claim the Madrid and Paris Masters series tournaments in the same year. After the wins were completed, and the trophies handed out, David had ascended the rankings and climbed back into the top ten again, at #9-earning an alternate spot to Shanghai. So many posters wanted other players to drop out so that David could play Shanghai...and I myself wondered, had David gotten the chance to compete there once more, how much damage he could have done. Judging from his Madrid and Paris results, his chances there looked very good. He very well could have lifted another Masters Cup trophy. Alas, he did not go...and that may have been just as well too.

The bandwagon effect that these wins generated was both curious and disturbing, looking at it from a fan perspective. I always thought that David was not a bandwagon-type player, but I was wrong...boy was I wrong! The bandwagon for David is so strong, that he's even in second place for Favorite Player of the Year 2007. So, if you haven't voted in the poll for David, please do so now. Look under the London draw.

In closing, why are we just now "knowing" David's full name-and is THAT his full name? Any thoughts?