Best match of Roger in 2007 - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Best match of Roger in 2007

AO against Djokovic 6:2 7:5 6:3 4 5.88%
AO against Roddick 6:4 6:0 6:2 34 50.00%
Hamburg against Nadal 2:6 6:2 6:0 6 8.82%
Wimbledon against Gasquet 7:5 6:3 6:4 0 0%
Wimbledon against Nadal 7:6 4:6 7:6 2:6 6:2 20 29.41%
US Open against Djokovic 7:7 7:6 6:4 3 4.41%
TMC against Roddick 6:4 6:2 5 7.35%
TMC against Nadal 6:4 6:1 17 25.00%
TMC against Ferrer 6:2 6:3 6:2 4 5.88%
other matches 1 1.47%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-25-2007, 12:06 PM   #31
country flag stebs

stebs has a reputation beyond reputestebs has a reputation beyond reputestebs has a reputation beyond reputestebs has a reputation beyond reputestebs has a reputation beyond reputestebs has a reputation beyond reputestebs has a reputation beyond reputestebs has a reputation beyond reputestebs has a reputation beyond reputestebs has a reputation beyond reputestebs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Best match of Roger in 2007

AO vs Djoko
AO vs Roddick
USO vs Lopez
TMC vs Ferrer
Advertisement

Old 11-28-2007, 12:10 PM   #32
country flag Eden
We know how it feels

Eden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puschkin View Post
I have not seen all of the matches offered in the poll, but I do wonder that the Wimbledon final ranks so high. Yes, Roger won it in the end, but for large parts Nadal was the dominating man on court and forced his game upon Roger. But we had this discussion before, I never ranked this match very high tennis-wise, though it was a special occasion for me, as I had gotten final tickets in the Wimby lottery at my first attempt.
Lucky you who could watch the Wimbledon final live Although I'm sure a lot of us would have probably got a heart attack during the match.

(I put the Roger-Richard match in the poll just for you by the way )

I think the amount of answers for the Wimbledon match depend a lot on the fact that Roger won the match in the end, that he equaled Borgs record there and last, but not least that he was able, like last year, to beat Rafa straight away after a hurting loss just a few weeks earlier in Paris. Quality wise it was surely not his best performance during a whole match, but due to the circumstances I find it understandable that the match got a lot of votes
Eden is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 07:48 PM   #33
country flag LinkMage
Banned!

LinkMage has a reputation beyond reputeLinkMage has a reputation beyond reputeLinkMage has a reputation beyond reputeLinkMage has a reputation beyond reputeLinkMage has a reputation beyond reputeLinkMage has a reputation beyond reputeLinkMage has a reputation beyond reputeLinkMage has a reputation beyond reputeLinkMage has a reputation beyond reputeLinkMage has a reputation beyond reputeLinkMage has a reputation beyond repute

Without a doubt the AO SF against Robo Rod. I also loved how he kicked the shit out of Fakervic at the AO after he made those comments before the 4th round match.

I don't know why the Wimbledon final ranks so high here. Fed played like shit in that match, he played too defensively. Nadal dominated him from the baseline for most of the match. Hopefully his serve saved him and in the last part of the 5th set he woke up and played aggressive tennis.
LinkMage is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 05:58 PM   #34
country flag MrChopin

MrChopin has a reputation beyond reputeMrChopin has a reputation beyond reputeMrChopin has a reputation beyond reputeMrChopin has a reputation beyond reputeMrChopin has a reputation beyond reputeMrChopin has a reputation beyond reputeMrChopin has a reputation beyond reputeMrChopin has a reputation beyond reputeMrChopin has a reputation beyond reputeMrChopin has a reputation beyond reputeMrChopin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by stebs View Post
AO vs Djoko
AO vs Roddick
USO vs Lopez
TMC vs Ferrer
These are a few of my top picks as well, though I can still find only the highlights of the Djokovic match. A lot of people say his AO SF win over Roddick was more Roddick's fault, but Federer missed almost nothing, even the ridiculous fh cc passing shots that dropped like stones in the back corner.

So it's either that one or TMC vs. Ferrer for me. Against Ferrer, he really pounded the ball from the ground. Ferrer gave a lot of points away, but Federer was cruising, especially in that second set. When he is driving the backhand and forehand down the line, consecutively, you know he's feeling it more than usual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by viruzzz View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Start da Game View Post
Nadal will be fine by australian open......
You're like a living unforced error.
MrChopin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 05:34 AM   #35
country flag ohtrebla

ohtrebla has a reputation beyond reputeohtrebla has a reputation beyond reputeohtrebla has a reputation beyond reputeohtrebla has a reputation beyond reputeohtrebla has a reputation beyond reputeohtrebla has a reputation beyond reputeohtrebla has a reputation beyond reputeohtrebla has a reputation beyond reputeohtrebla has a reputation beyond reputeohtrebla has a reputation beyond reputeohtrebla has a reputation beyond repute

1. AO against Roddick for the sheer domination.

2. Wimbledon final for the excitement and drama.
ohtrebla is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote