Let's talk about Martina Hingis! - Page 71 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-02-2007, 03:02 PM   #1051
country flag Iván
Banned!

Iván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Let's talk about Martina Hingis!

i still cant get the image of radek throwing cocaine at martina as she lies on his double bed naked.
Iván is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-05-2007, 02:28 AM   #1052
country flag Fergie
Miss Fabray

Fergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond repute

All this nightmare can't be true

Pain is only temporary but victory is forever
Fergie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 03:00 PM   #1053
country flag SUKTUEN

SUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fergie View Post
All this nightmare can't be true
SUKTUEN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 04:13 PM   #1054
country flag rdiego

rdiego has a reputation beyond reputerdiego has a reputation beyond reputerdiego has a reputation beyond reputerdiego has a reputation beyond reputerdiego has a reputation beyond reputerdiego has a reputation beyond reputerdiego has a reputation beyond reputerdiego has a reputation beyond reputerdiego has a reputation beyond reputerdiego has a reputation beyond reputerdiego has a reputation beyond repute

The win loss record of Martina Hingis is 548-133,
the one of Roger Federer is 547-133.
quite funny!!

http://n.ethz.ch/student/rdiego/federer.htm
rdiego is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 05:44 PM   #1055
country flag Eden
Congrats guys

Eden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond repute

Federer defends Hingis
November 12, 2007

WORLD No.1 Roger Federer today rode to the defence of fellow Swiss Martina Hingis, who inspired him as a young player, dismissing suggestions she could have taken drugs.

Former women's No.1 Hingis, 27, announced her retirement on November 1 after admitting she was under investigation for a positive test for cocaine.

Her manager confirmed during the week that she will fight her positive test.

And Federer, 26, insisted that he would be backing Hingis in her fight to clear her name.

"I can't ever imagine in any way that she took drugs," Federer said in an interview with the weekly Le Matin.

"I really hope that she can prove her innocence. I support her," he said.

Federer revealed that Hingis, one of the teenage stars of the game in the 1990s, was a player who had inspired him.

And he pointed out that it was alongside her in the Hopman Cup that he won his first title in January 2000, a year before he claimed his first ATP crown in Milan.

"I know she has said she was proud to have in some way helped me at the beginning of my career," said the 12-time grand slam winner who has 52 titles to his name.

"At the time, mixing with her, playing in doubles with her, was a privilege for me."

Hingis has insisted she is "100 per cent innocent" and that this was backed up by a negative result on a hair test, which can show whether or not someone has taken cocaine.

The Swiss star, who has five grand slams to her name, first retired in 2003 due to persistent ankle injury problems, but returned to the circuit in 2006

Source: http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegrap...rom=public_rss
Eden is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 11:25 AM   #1056
country flag Rog1

Rog1 has a reputation beyond reputeRog1 has a reputation beyond reputeRog1 has a reputation beyond reputeRog1 has a reputation beyond reputeRog1 has a reputation beyond reputeRog1 has a reputation beyond reputeRog1 has a reputation beyond reputeRog1 has a reputation beyond reputeRog1 has a reputation beyond reputeRog1 has a reputation beyond reputeRog1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eden View Post
Federer defends Hingis
November 12, 2007

WORLD No.1 Roger Federer today rode to the defence of fellow Swiss Martina Hingis, who inspired him as a young player, dismissing suggestions she could have taken drugs.

Former women's No.1 Hingis, 27, announced her retirement on November 1 after admitting she was under investigation for a positive test for cocaine.

Her manager confirmed during the week that she will fight her positive test.

And Federer, 26, insisted that he would be backing Hingis in her fight to clear her name.

"I can't ever imagine in any way that she took drugs," Federer said in an interview with the weekly Le Matin.

"I really hope that she can prove her innocence. I support her," he said.

Federer revealed that Hingis, one of the teenage stars of the game in the 1990s, was a player who had inspired him.

And he pointed out that it was alongside her in the Hopman Cup that he won his first title in January 2000, a year before he claimed his first ATP crown in Milan.

"I know she has said she was proud to have in some way helped me at the beginning of my career," said the 12-time grand slam winner who has 52 titles to his name.

"At the time, mixing with her, playing in doubles with her, was a privilege for me."

Hingis has insisted she is "100 per cent innocent" and that this was backed up by a negative result on a hair test, which can show whether or not someone has taken cocaine.

The Swiss star, who has five grand slams to her name, first retired in 2003 due to persistent ankle injury problems, but returned to the circuit in 2006

Source: http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegrap...rom=public_rss

I don't really know what to say. I just hope Martina can get through this. Roger's comments are so nice about her. She was such a talent.

Linda (Luton-UK)
Rog1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 03:28 PM   #1057
country flag SUKTUEN

SUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond repute

thanks Roger, you are so kind.
SUKTUEN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 04:15 AM   #1058
country flag Daniel

Daniel has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel has a reputation beyond repute

Link: http://www.sportingo.com/tennis/miss...erer/1001,5925

Hingis was always on a loser with a statement of intent that came up short – unlike the men's No.1. ‘The point is, unless there is context behind a great player, they no longer will be able to find success like great champions once did.’ As much as it pained Martina Hingis to lose, she couldn't help but do so sometimes. Especially late in her career(s), losing was something that came along with her game. The problem for Hingis, however, was that her mission statement was too short, too simple. The abridged version read something like this: "Win tennis matches."

Hingis' statement is similar to many top-tier players. Actually, it would be hard to find a tennis player at any level that didn't have "winning" somewhere in their mission statement. For the most part, that word would land in sentence one or two, as the foremost goal of a player.

The important part of any mission statement – whether it’s for a corporation, non-profit organisation, stay-at-home mum or professional athlete – isn't about the end goal, but the process it takes to reach that goal. How, exactly, are you going to reach this stated goal? How are you going to achieve your mission?

If you were to read the unabridged version of Hingis' game, it might go like this: "Win tennis matches by out-thinking opponents." OK, that's a little better, but still, where is the fuel that feeds the fire?

Let's take the current No.1 in men's tennis. Roger Federer's mission statement might read: "Win tennis matches by out-thinking opponents with the use of tactical slice, a powerful serve, cat-like movement and defence that looks like offence. Achieve this by surrounding myself with positive, confident people who boost my morale, but also keep me grounded. Train under a regimented schedule that challenges both my tennis game and my physique, especially focusing on long-term conditioning."

Federer's mission statement is obviously more detailed and more goal-oriented. The problem with Hingis throughout her career was that she stuck to her simple mission statement, instead of being willing to change it up with an off-court conditioning programme or a beefy serve.

History shows that those willing to re-write their mission statements have been most successful. In 2001, Jennifer Capriati entered the Australian Open shedding her old mission statement ("Hit every ball as hard as possible") with a new one: "Hit every ball as hard as possible and run down every ball hit to me. Do this with a stringent off-court training schedule."

Looking at the players of today, I see mission statements as brilliant as Federer's and as ignorant as Hingis'. The point is, unless there is context behind a great player, they no longer will be able to find success like great champions once did.

Just last week, Pete Sampras, during his well-documented tour with Roger Federer, said that the serve and volley game was extinct and that players were now being taught just to hit the ball as hard as they could.

While Sampras' words ring true, he may want to look at the track record of the last two years in tennis, when players liked Federer, Justine Henin, Rafael Nadal and Serena Williams ruled. Sure, they all hit the ball hard, but it's the substance in their strokes – and their statements – that give them the edge to be the best.

~~~Roger Federer (16 GS): Wimbledon 2003, AO 2004, Wimbledon 2004, US Open 2004, Wimbledon 2005, US Open 2005, AO 2006, Wimbledon 2006, US Open 2006, AO 2007, Wimbledon 2007, US Open 2007, US Open 2008, Roland Garros 2009, Wimbledon 2009, AO 2010 ~~~

Daniel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote